2011-12 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

With the season set to start tomorrow, it’s time to close down the offseason thread and look forward to another season of Bulldogs hockey. Here is a quick projected depth chart based on the multitude of injuries. It seems as if quite a few Bulldogs changed numbers from last season.

Forwards:

#24 Brian Willsie - #19 Brock Trotter - #28 Aaron Palushaj

#18 Dany Masse - #40 Gabriel Dumont - #67 Alexander Avtsin

#12 Andrew Conboy - #23 Joonas Nattinen - #14 Michael Blunden

#11 Alain Berger - #10 Philip DeSimone - #21 Ian Schultz

#15 Phillipe Lefebvre

Injured: Louis Leblanc, Olivier Fortier, Hunter Bishop Recalled: Andreas Engqvist

Defence:

#5 Alex Henry - #32 Frederic St. Denis

#17 Mark Mitera - #6 Joe Stejskal

#44 Olivier Malka - #13 Zack FitzGerald

Injured: Brendon Nash Recalled: Joe Callahan

Goalies:

#52 Nathan Lawson

#39 Robert Mayer

#29 Peter Delmas (inj)

Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: Clement Jodoin

Assistant Coach: Ron Wilson

GM: Pierre Gauthier

The season gets underway tomorrow night. As always, we’ll have a GDT for the game and watch for a Bulldogs mailbag tonight on the site.

Of the returning Bulldogs players.....,Avtsin (#26), Schultz (#24), Stejskal (#54), Robert Mayer (#35)

(jersey numbers from last season)

SO excited about the season opener Saturday night!!!! Can't wait!!!! :1banana::Bulldogs:

A few comments. Willsie probably plays Centre, and Trotter on LW on the first line.

I highly doubt Masse will be on the second line. Probably one of Conboy/Blunden will get that role. Masse is barely an AHL fourth liner. He could find himself in the ECHL if the team ever stays healthy.

If I go to the game tomorrow, I'll have a full report.

Edited by Commandant

Strange that they are keeping Willsie at C and Naatinen at Wing, when Nattinen was so good on faceoffs in Finland.

Must want to keep Willsie in that position.... and I guess when Louis Leblanc is healthy they'll have too many centres, so try to get Nattinen used to it now??

I don't really know where to put this, but of interest, Ben Winnett and Patrick Johnson both appear in the Wheeling opening roster per their homesite.

Winnett I'm happy about, I wish he hadn't have got hurt in the scrimmages as he was playing well. Johnson getting a contract simply stuns me, even an ECHL deal.

HF boards reporting that JF Fast has been loaned to Hamilton their reference was the Greenville site

I did post that after seeing it on ECHL.com, but Derek Wills tweeted the lines from practice this morning, and he is not there, maybe a mistake from the ECHL' or Greenville' website, and the other passing the info supposing it was correct.

I did post that after seeing it on ECHL.com, but Derek Wills tweeted the lines from practice this morning, and he is not there, maybe a mistake from the ECHL' or Greenville' website, and the other passing the info supposing it was correct.

With Callahan down there now, they already have 7 D so he's probably not expected to play right away. Or, since the news was just announced yesterday, he may not yet have arrived. He's nothing to get excited about (my 'excitement' was trying to figure out who he is since it's TJ and not JF :)) as he has more ECHL experience than AHL. At least it's another healthy (for now) blueliner.

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11600

A lot would depend on Markov's final (and official) prognosis and Spacek's health. Right now, they can afford to go with 6 but if both are going to be out for another 3 weeks minimum, then one of those two might get a shot with the big club for a bit.

Malka was sent to Wheeling so now the Bulldogs are back down to 7 d-men. Unfortunately, Delmas was also sent to Wheeling which means more Mayer this season.

I don't think there is a surprise here. We all wanted Mayer to go based on last year but Delmas got hurt and it makes sense to send him down to get more reps. I think Delmas will be challenging Lawson for the starting job before we are done. We can expect a couple more to be sent to Wheeling once we gets some healthy bodies. Do you think DiSimmone has done enough to stick?

I don't think there is a surprise here. We all wanted Mayer to go based on last year but Delmas got hurt and it makes sense to send him down to get more reps. I think Delmas will be challenging Lawson for the starting job before we are done. We can expect a couple more to be sent to Wheeling once we gets some healthy bodies. Do you think DiSimmone has done enough to stick?

I hope DeSimone is ahead of Masse, Lefebvre and Bishop even if his is an AHL deal and they have NHL/AHL deals.

I'd be stunned if anyone's challenging Lawson this season for the starting role. Lawson has been really good in the AHL in his career, but awful in the NHL. I think he'll be seeing 60 games as a starter. As for DeSimone, he has done enough for now at least. Lefebvre should be the first one sent down (though if you read anything into the opening night lineup it could be Nattinen).

if we are gonna read into the lineups, what about the fact that Nattinen was put on the first line?

As for Delmas, I hope he steals Mayer's spot, but I don't see him challenging Lawson. Stranger things have happened though.

if we are gonna read into the lineups, what about the fact that Nattinen was put on the first line?

Nattinen moved into Palushaj's spot so that the other lines would be untouched. It's rare to go from healthy scratch to front liner otherwise. To Nattinen's credit, he has held his own.