Injury news

Commandant

Xhekaj acknowledged today that he played through the shoulder injury for most of the season and hit it from the team since he wanted to play.

Guhle confirmed he has a head injury but is hoping to play at the Worlds and has been invited to play.  Considering he's been skating for a few days now, I think he was probably pretty close to returning had the season gone on.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Xhekaj acknowledged today that he played through the shoulder injury for most of the season and hit it from the team since he wanted to play.

Players hiding injuries is something no training/medical staff can prevent and it means they can't protect the players.

• Upvote 1

"My son weighs about 25 pounds and I struggled to hold him in my arms for more than a minute without discomfort," he said Tuesday morning during a lengthy interview with La Presse.

Despite a "daily routine" that allows him to cope with pain, sitting or standing for a long time is now painful. Air travel, therefore, is "difficult".

"I got to a point where I couldn't go on," he says. "I spoke with the medical staff of what my life after hockey could look like if I didn't stop. There was a lot of doubt about how it would affect me in the long run. When we started talking about it, it became real. Life is long after the end of a career."

• Like 3