Chara Push results in Lucic Injury

hab29RETIRED

Chara Pushes Lucic

Toronto (AP) Late last night Boston Bruins all star defenseman Zdeno Chara teammate and roommate Milan Lucic out of their Torotno Royal York hotel room. The push resulted in Lucic falling out the window and down 12 stories below. Lucic, was apparently doing pull-ups on the windowsill of his hotel room. The big bruin’s forward who along with other Boston Bruins have been stuck in a post-Stanley cup funk, was said to have been going t extreme lengths to try and break out of his slow start.

Lucic’s teammates said Lucic challenged them to show the Bruin’s courage and was going to extreme lengths to demonstrate bravery to prepare for hockey games. The power forward who many analysts said looks like a cross between man and gorilla and was approached to play one of the apes in this summer’s Planet of the Apes movie had challenged teammates to show toughness by hanging around like a monkey on the window sill of his room as he counted down his pull-ups.

Lucic had completed 24 pull-ups, when the other big gorilla on the Bruin’s roster – Chara, came and gave him a push. Apparently the push resulted in Lucic losing his grip and falling outside of the window and landing on the BMW display vehicle parked in front of the Royal York hotel below. Lucic crushed the vehicle; the way Lucic has crushed the Leaf’s big defenseman, Mike Komisorek throughout his career. Unfortunately, this time Lucic did hit something that was biggest then him and looked to have incurred major un-disclosed upper and lower body injuries.

Toronto police questioned Chara, who was apparently upset at Lucic for eating all five of the complimentary bananas provided by the hotel. Witnesses had said that they heard yelling and screaming about the banana incident and had heard Chara threaten his roommate. However the police released him, when they received Chara’s explanation of the incident. Chara’s response was that it was just “two hockey players monkeying around. We both had auditioned for the planet of the apes’ film, but were told we would not be believable as apes, because of our size (they were to big). We have been trying to act like apes since that time. All I did was gave him a light push. It was his momentum that resulted in him falling out the window and onto the street. It wasn’t because he at my bananas – even though I told him, I should get three of the five, because I am bigger then him and was the team’s captain!”

When questioned whether there should be any disciplinary action by the team, Team Coach, Claude Julian said, “look you had two guys trying to pickup their team and an accident occurred, end of story.”

Don Cherry who was asked had little to say, but stood by both Chara and Lucic, saying, “Now those are bruins hockey players, you gotta love them, they both show so much Canadian heart. They are doing everything they can to pick up their team. How can you criticize them? They’re hockey players, Bruins hockey players, you gotta love them. It’s the damn hotel’s fault, why don’t they have larger windowsills that would have prevented Lucic from falling out so far. And look, these are two guys who don’t wear visors, so don’t tell me a visor wouldn’t have helped. Actually it is the hotel’s fault, why didn’t they have separate complimentary fruit trays for both players. These are big guys, why should they have to share? I think it’s because of all those cheap immigrants working at hotels these days. That’s what happens when you take away jobs in Canada from Canadians”. Meanwhile the CBC released a short statement that the views expressed by Cherry are his and do not reflect the views of the stations.

Retired Bruins forward, who also happened to be in Toronto taking the MCAT, was asked about Lucic’s injuries, and commented that he doesn’t’ think they are that severe. When told Lucic may have broken his back, he said, “I don’t think so, I saw the BMW, it looked like Komi did when Lucic hit him. Lucic definitely got the better of this exchange as well.”

The league did not respond when asked if there would be any discipline against Chara. However, sources have said that Colin Campbell who was the NHL’s VP in charge of Discipline until NHL President Gary Bettman demonstrated rare intelligence replacing him with Brendan Shanahan) has been contacting Brendan Shanahan not to discipline Chara. Apparently his requests have nothing to do with his son playing for the Bruins and losing Chara would be a big blow to the Bruins. When asked about the incident, his response was “this was not a blow to the head, there is no reason for the league to get involved”.