Moen Hurt Blunden Recalled

Kaboom

I agree you need that fourth line guy. I was a big fan of the attempted Betts acquisition... even if it didn't work. And I've liked Noke too. It was obvious that Engqvist couldn't do the job.

Noke's been pretty solid, and i think he only gets better when he the team is healthy and he has some decent fourth line wingers.

That type of player is necessary, but I think we have one in Noke, I don't think we need to acquire another "shut down centre".

I think we all agree though that Pleks has too many tough minutes. I just think this is solved by finding a second line guy, not a shutdown guy.

Someone who can be 1a/1b with Pleks continues to be the guy we need.

Right now we have a #1 (Pleks) a #4 (Noke)... and 3 guys who are playing like number 3s (Gomez, Desharnais, Eller). Gomez if he ever rebounds would be a number 2, but he hasn't played like one in well over a year now, and Eller hasn't quite made that next step yet. Desharnais size deficiency probably means he's best on the third facing easier matchups too.

Getting Gomez back to that level is a huge question mark, and pretty doubtful IMO. And ideally he's moved out and a 2nd C is acquired for this team at the deadline or in the offseason.

I agree you need that fourth line guy. I was a big fan of the attempted Betts acquisition... even if it didn't work. And I've liked Noke too. It was obvious that Engqvist couldn't do the job.

Noke's been pretty solid, and i think he only gets better when he the team is healthy and he has some decent fourth line wingers.

That type of player is necessary, but I think we have one in Noke, I don't think we need to acquire another "shut down centre".

I think we all agree though that Pleks has too many tough minutes. I just think this is solved by finding a second line guy, not a shutdown guy.

Someone who can be 1a/1b with Pleks continues to be the guy we need.

Right now we have a #1 (Pleks) a #4 (Noke)... and 3 guys who are playing like number 3s (Gomez, Desharnais, Eller). Gomez if he ever rebounds would be a number 2, but he hasn't played like one in well over a year now, and Eller hasn't quite made that next step yet. Desharnais size deficiency probably means he's best on the third facing easier matchups too.

Getting Gomez back to that level is a huge question mark, and pretty doubtful IMO. And ideally he's moved out and a 2nd C is acquired for this team at the deadline or in the offseason.

Exactly; You build on the top of the rotation if you can, a closer with consistency would also be helpful. In hockey terms, that is a 1A or1B center and a SNIPER such as Mike Bossy.

Exactly; You build on the top of the rotation if you can, a closer with consistency would also be helpful. In hockey terms, that is a 1A or1B center and a SNIPER such as Mike Bossy.

Well, we have a player of that profile in Cammy. I know he has had a bad season, but realistically, we're not going to get a better pure scorer than him.

You could also rate Gio and Kostitsyn as sort of second-tier scorers of this type.

I think my point here is that it's important not to define players by their slumps.

Well, we have a player of that profile in Cammy. I know he has had a bad season, but realistically, we're not going to get a better pure scorer than him.

You could also rate Gio and Kostitsyn as sort of second-tier scorers of this type.

I think my point here is that it's important not to define players by their slumps.

Agreed. On the other hand, and to hijack the thread since this is a good spot, I suspect one of Gomez, Gionta, or Cammi will be dealt since we have contracts coming due for players we want to keep.

WE are in luck!!!! darche to the third line now if we could get dackel and hoglund we would be set. This is sad he is barely a 4th line guy but the great J.M his lover moves him up. Great coach :(

WE are in luck!!!! darche to the third line now if we could get dackel and hoglund we would be set. This is sad he is barely a 4th line guy but the great J.M his lover moves him up. Great coach :(

who else should move up? The wingers on the fourth line are blunden and weber.Injuries are killer.I hate Darche on the third. It sucks. But we have no choice.

Someone from the dogs!!! anyone but darche!!! yes blunden and ya weber at least he wants to score it is not his fault he is put forward and he does have a lot more skill then darche hands down.

Seriously does anyone else get the idea that this is our team until the hammer drops on Gauthier? Cunneyworth is an Interim coach so will not be allowed to make roster decisions. So what happens when we have all 15 d-men back and healthy?

Although I hate the idea of cannign him before he gets a proper chance, Cunneyworth needs to be let go right now along with Gauthier and le's right this ship now instead of waiting until the off season. Gauthier is under pressure so I fear a trade of Subban or something drastic.

Seriously does anyone else get the idea that this is our team until the hammer drops on Gauthier?  Cunneyworth is an Interim coach so will not be allowed to make roster decisions. So what happens when we have all 15 d-men back and healthy?

Although I hate the idea of cannign him before he gets a proper chance, Cunneyworth needs to be let go right now along with Gauthier and le's right this ship now instead of waiting until the off season.  Gauthier is under pressure so I fear a trade of Subban or something drastic.

If the noose is as tight around Gauthier's neck as you are suggesting, there is absolutely no way he will be allowed to make a drastic trade without ownership approval. He will need to get his moves green lighted from above.

Aso for this being the roster for the next while... sure, Christmas Roster freeze comes at midnight.