Oct. 19, Marlies vs Bulldogs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Great game by the Bulldogs.

Mayer was excellent in net and made some huge game saving saves. The Marlies had the most shot pressure in the first 40 minutes but the score didn't show it because of Mayer. He only really had to be bailed out once and that was by Pateryn.

Aaron Palushaj is definitely the best forward on the Bulldogs. He's a threat every time he's on the ice and playing with Holland is just going to make Holland better. I think he'll be top 10 in AHL scoring or at least leading the Bulldogs by the end of the season. The game is at the right speed for him.

I liked Holland's game. Leblanc had a great game and made up for a dumb penalty. Gallagher seems to still be getting used to the AHL game but I loved his speed.

Jarred Tinordi was interesting. He was Hal Gill out there for good and bad reasons. Good because he was calm and towering, a great presence for Mayer. Bad because he wasn't anywhere near as physical as he was in London. I expected more.

Beaulieu is much taller than I thought he was, plus he stands tall on his skates. Loved his skating. He pulled off a zone to zone and nearly set up a scoring chance. Good sound defence. St. Denis was the worst of the Bulldog defence, including a guy whose name escapes me.

Was Boyce on the Marlies last season?

I liked Quailer and Blunden. They both played good games. Stortini tried to fight at the end of the game but it was pretty much too little too late. He's a heart and soul guy though. Made a couple decent shot blocks.

Geoffrion wasn't too impressive at the face off circle but he looked natural down the middle.

Hogel I didn't see much and don't know him well. Nash played a decent enough game. Pateryn was really good defensively and showed grit.

I like the Bulldogs team. They play a four line game and don't really show weakness on either line. It's a balanced team that will win based on depth. They might do better than people expect. Marlies were like any Toronto team: overrated. Gardiner carried their team followed by Kadri. Kadri took an accidental swing at Nash with another players helmet (he was spun around) but everyone acted like he tried to murder Nash with it. I'd still take Kadri in a heartbeat.

Had a lot of fun going to the game with my dad. Nearly the entire arena was full with all of the seats sold (upper deck was closed off). There was only one section that looked empty and I'm guessing a company bought those season tickets for corporate events. If the Bulldogs keep drawing 8,000+ against non-division teams they would be smart to open the upper deck. I think NHL hockey fans are ready to support the AHL in the event of a lockout.

Briefly, yes. I believe he started with them before spending some time with the Leafs. When Toronto tried to send him back down, Columbus picked him up off waivers and kept him up the rest of the year.

Great game by the Bulldogs.

Mayer was excellent in net and made some huge game saving saves. The Marlies had the most shot pressure in the first 40 minutes but the score didn't show it because of Mayer. He only really had to be bailed out once and that was by Pateryn.

Aaron Palushaj is definitely the best forward on the Bulldogs. He's a threat every time he's on the ice and playing with Holland is just going to make Holland better. I think he'll be top 10 in AHL scoring or at least leading the Bulldogs by the end of the season. The game is at the right speed for him.

I liked Holland's game. Leblanc had a great game and made up for a dumb penalty. Gallagher seems to still be getting used to the AHL game but I loved his speed.

Jarred Tinordi was interesting. He was Hal Gill out there for good and bad reasons. Good because he was calm and towering, a great presence for Mayer. Bad because he wasn't anywhere near as physical as he was in London. I expected more.

Beaulieu is much taller than I thought he was, plus he stands tall on his skates. Loved his skating. He pulled off a zone to zone and nearly set up a scoring chance. Good sound defence. St. Denis was the worst of the Bulldog defence, including a guy whose name escapes me.

I liked Quailer and Blunden. They both played good games. Stortini tried to fight at the end of the game but it was pretty much too little too late. He's a heart and soul guy though. Made a couple decent shot blocks.

Geoffrion wasn't too impressive at the face off circle but he looked natural down the middle.

Hogel I didn't see much and don't know him well. Nash played a decent enough game. Pateryn was really good defensively and showed grit.

I like the Bulldogs team. They play a four line game and don't really show weakness on either line. It's a balanced team that will win based on depth. They might do better than people expect. Marlies were like any Toronto team: overrated. Gardiner carried their team followed by Kadri. Kadri took an accidental swing at Nash with another players helmet (he was spun around) but everyone acted like he tried to murder Nash with it. I'd still take Kadri in a heartbeat.

Had a lot of fun going to the game with my dad. Nearly the entire arena was full with all of the seats sold (upper deck was closed off). There was only one section that looked empty and I'm guessing a company bought those season tickets for corporate events. If the Bulldogs keep drawing 8,000+ against non-division teams they would be smart to open the upper deck. I think NHL hockey fans are ready to support the AHL in the event of a lockout.

Thanks for comments on game, Corbin is likey the d-man you cant remember name? And nice he didnt look out of place.

Have been a fan of Pateryn and thought his extra age and couple more years in weight room would make his transition to AHL a bit easier (like Nash and OByrne) than the CHL guys who only played vs teenagers for past few years.

Also watched Holland play a bunch of games last year and he just seemed a very smart player, good with puck, great defensively and could skate well (just a bit slight).

Super start for Leblanc, i thought he would have a break out year with the Habs and he and Palushaj should both do very well offensively with Bulldogs.

I wouldnt worry about Tinordi, AHL is a bit faster and bigger,stronger players than he is used to and it will likely take some time before he is up to speed and more confident (similar to Gallagher most likely)?

Am really looking forward to see game today. Is Mayer better than all have pegged him (or just likely hot for one game)?

Am really looking forward to see game today. Is Mayer better than all have pegged him (or just likely hot for one game)?

Mayer was playing like a crazy man but the Marlies played very soft as well. Not a lot of good shots. Just about everything they attempted was a deflection situation. There was a lot of pinballing with the puck near Mayers crease so all he had to do was keep track of the puck and fill the sides of the net.