2013 NHL Draft

Commandant

I thought he was amongst the best american forwards.... they really dominated the game, but Canada won with Desrosiers who must've improved his draft stock with a great tourney.

A real revelation for me in the Tourney was Saros from Finland, he looked like the best goalie in the tourney for sure.

The American forward I was really disappointed in was Fasching, who sucked today.

On Canada, you had to be impressed with Baptiste and especially Dauphin.

On Canada, you had to be impressed with Baptiste and especially Dauphin.

Yep, Dauphin in particular. Madison Bowey really caught my eye on the blueline. I keep seeing him pegged in that mid 30's range too, right where the Habs have a couple of selections. I was hoping to see Spencer Martin play a game (I didn't get to see the early games) as I figure he could be a 2nd round pick option as well but I agree with the call to let Desrosiers run with it.

I have us as Nashville pick #4 and Calgary pick#5 or #6 Round Two, depending on who is the lead dog between Calgary and Carolina. Plus our own pick. Dlbair can you confirm?

The Habs get the 4th and 6th pick in the 2nd round, plus wherever the Habs' own selection falls (TBD depending on the playoffs).

What criteria did they use to seperate Carolina from Calgary, as they had exact same record?

Regulation and OT wins (19 vs 18)

If he's available at the Habs' 1st round selection, is he worth taking? (Obviously it depends on who else is on the board but in general...) I'd say he is, even if it wouldn't be the most popular of picks.

If he's available at the Habs' 1st round selection, is he worth taking? (Obviously it depends on who else is on the board but in general...) I'd say he is, even if it wouldn't be the most popular of picks.

I look at picking goalies in the 1st round with a lot of trepidation.

Which is, of course, really stupid when the franchise goalie on my favourite team was selected 5th OA...

But I'd rather wait for rounds 2-5 for selecting goalies.

I look at picking goalies in the 1st round with a lot of trepidation.

Which is, of course, really stupid when the franchise goalie on my favourite team was selected 5th OA...

But I'd rather wait for rounds 2-5 for selecting goalies.

I feel the same way to a degree but if I'm willing to take a goalie with the #34 pick, I might as well be willing to take one in the 24-30 range. I think it's an absolute must that a goalie gets picked and picked early this year - one of the 2nd rounders would be ideal but if Fucale was still there when the Habs are up, I'd be tempted for sure. In a normal year, I'd say pass on a 1st round goalie but given the absolute dearth of depth in the system, they need to get a legitimate quality prospect.

I likely wouldn't. Not in this draft. Just because there are a ton of power forwards in the draft, and I think we can really use that more, and grab a Jarry, Saros, Desrosiers, Comrie, or Martin in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

I think one of the first 6 picks (ie first three rounds) needs to be a goalie, but it doesn't need to be too early.

Anyone care to name a goalie or 2 that may be available later in the draft that you'd consider?

Anyone care to name a goalie or 2 that may be available later in the draft that you'd consider?

I named 5 or 6 guys, just two posts up.

------------------------------

Ryan Hartman is number 26 on the draft board.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/06/ryan-hartman-2013-nhl-draft-player-profile-26/