College Free Agent Season

Commandant

So the name of the contact is not from the status of the contract they are signing but from their status from whence the come, with the exception of the good NCAA players who would sign a PTO not representing that they came from amateur status. Have I missed anything. Just maybe, the legal beagles might want to clean that up abit?

All guys coming from NCAA should be signing ATOs.

I think we as fans sometimes (mistakenly) interchange the PTO and ATO label because they are essentially the same thing.

But technically even the good NCAAers would be signing ATOs

Now in important news..... Notre Dame's win over Ohio State officially eliminates WMU from NCAA tournament contention.

Dan DeKeyser's college season (and likely career) is over. Let the bidders come forward with their ELCs

Nate Schmidt, ranked #2 on the Red Line list from earlier, has agreed to terms with Washington. There still are some quality players available although I figure they'll mostly be of the depth variety - by all means worth signing though. Extra young depth is never a bad thing.

Eriah Hayes is reportedly close to signing with San Jose.

• 2 weeks later...

Hartzell (the goalie) signs a 1 year deal with Pittsburgh that covers more or less the next two weeks.

Laganiere is the only top name left out there. The Habs reportedly contacted him for the first time yesterday and will talk again today.

Laganiere is the only top name left out there. The Habs reportedly contacted him for the first time yesterday and will talk again today.

I wouldn't be shocked if Laganiere held out for the Habs and the Canadiens just got the news.

EDIT: Just saw a La Presse article about him. He wants to be a Hab while the Canucks have pushed hard for him.

I wouldn't be shocked if Laganiere held out for the Habs and the Canadiens just got the news.

EDIT: Just saw a La Presse article about him. He wants to be a Hab while the Canucks have pushed hard for him.

Man, I really hope we sign this kid! With his size only TSN, CBC and Sportsnet will be calling the Habs, Smurfs in a couple of seasons :rolleyes:

Man, I really hope we sign this kid! With his size only TSN, CBC and Sportsnet will be calling the Habs, Smurfs in a couple of seasons :rolleyes:

In all likelihood, he wouldn't have much of an effect on the Habs anyways. It's not like he's a can't miss future NHL'er here. Most NCAA guys are minor leaguers and despite the hype Laganiere has received, I think there's a more than fair chance he falls into that category. He's still worth signing for sure (a free prospect is a free prospect) but expectations should be tempered.

In all likelihood, he wouldn't have much of an effect on the Habs anyways. It's not like he's a can't miss future NHL'er here. Most NCAA guys are minor leaguers and despite the hype Laganiere has received, I think there's a more than fair chance he falls into that category. He's still worth signing for sure (a free prospect is a free prospect) but expectations should be tempered.

It'll be good to have his size regardless and if he develops on the left wing there will be a spot for him in Hamilton.

It's kind of funny, he's been visiting camps in Vancouver and Edmonton for a while now and everyone thought he was definitely going to Vancouver. Bergevin finally calls and now it's all about how bad Bergevin wants him.

Actually, I have no expectations at this point except that MB will make every reasonable effort to sign him. Every free prospect is a good prospect until proven otherwise.

That's a wise way to approach it.

Thanks. It is nice to see my genius is finally being appreciated. :B)

Seniors Andrew Miller and Antoine Laganiere are expected to sign NHL deals within the next 24 hours. Both have multiple offers and are close to a decision, having narrowed their choices down to a couple of teams each. Miller, according to a source, is down to two teams.

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.ca/2013/04/kenny-agostino-staying-andrew-miller.html

Let the waiting/anticipation begin?