Oct. 10, Habs vs Oilers, 9:30 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Habs played well yesterday. I like the line changing promoted by MT. I agree with some here that one game is not enough of a sample to draw major conclusions but the idea of breaking up the EGG line and spread out their skills across the line chart seem to be a reasonable choice. I don't know about you guys, but the impressions that I've got is that Pacioretty posed more danger playing alongside Eller. We might have lost the powerful chemistry in the EGG line but we win with Pacioretty and even Briere. Gallagher and Galchenyuk didn't seem to lose much firepower with Plekanec. And the second line has the same energy from previous games.

About Bournival, really good game given where he stands now in the depth chart. I would play him more. We have Prust and Moen as tough guys, we need to add some danger in the 4th line. It is important to keep the opponent's mentality always alert and not at ease. I believe that all the lines should pose danger to the other teams not matter how small it is. White adds a lot of energy but frankly for a game against non-rival teams, I'd rather add Bournival so we have a scoring element in the 4th line.

Bealieau is not ready for NHL yet but he will produce a lot in the coming years. When he has the puck, any team should watch out because he can draw passes for dangerous counter attacks. I'd use Bealieau against weak opponents such as Calgary, Edmonton, Predators, etc because he can offset his poor defensive skills with some firepower. For top tier teams, he should be out because his mistakes have an awful lot of a weight.

Looking forward to seeing Price bouncing back on his own turf...

Montreal played well in the later stages of the game. Bournival had a fairly poor game. Can't see him being in the line up against Vancouver. Not really sure what you mean by Price bouncing back? He made a lot of big saves against Calgary. Major defensive flaws.

Habs played well yesterday. I like the line changing promoted by MT. I agree with some here that one game is not enough of a sample to draw major conclusions but the idea of breaking up the EGG line and spread out their skills across the line chart seem to be a reasonable choice. I don't know about you guys, but the impressions that I've got is that Pacioretty posed more danger playing alongside Eller. We might have lost the powerful chemistry in the EGG line but we win with Pacioretty and even Briere. Gallagher and Galchenyuk didn't seem to lose much firepower with Plekanec. And the second line has the same energy from previous games.

About Bournival, really good game given where he stands now in the depth chart. I would play him more. We have Prust and Moen as tough guys, we need to add some danger in the 4th line. It is important to keep the opponent's mentality always alert and not at ease. I believe that all the lines should pose danger to the other teams not matter how small it is. White adds a lot of energy but frankly for a game against non-rival teams, I'd rather add Bournival so we have a scoring element in the 4th line.

Bealieau is not ready for NHL yet but he will produce a lot in the coming years. When he has the puck, any team should watch out because he can draw passes for dangerous counter attacks. I'd use Bealieau against weak opponents such as Calgary, Edmonton, Predators, etc because he can offset his poor defensive skills with some firepower. For top tier teams, he should be out because his mistakes have an awful lot of a weight.

Looking forward to seeing Price bouncing back on his own turf...

I like your post. Welcome on HW man.

Like you said, I was worried when I saw that MT changed all the lines but the 4th. But I must agree that it seems like a good idea to try Eller (on a hot streak) with Briere and Pax. Also, adding the defensive aptitude of Plekanec to the young G's is a great move.

I also share your opinion that Bournival adds to the 4th line the notion of "the 4th line can break a great transition that could lead to a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 2 anytime" more than it does with White.

When we play Boston or Toronto, White is needed more than Bournival though, IMHO.

Talking about Bournival, WHAT A SPEED he has ! Last time I saw that with the Habs, it was our beloved Grabovski. :)

Beaulieu's skating is very beautiful to watch though. Same for Subban. But Bournival tops them easily at full speed.

Like you said, I was worried when I saw that MT changed all the lines but the 4th. But I must agree that it seems like a good idea to try Eller (on a hot streak) with Briere and Pax. Also, adding the defensive aptitude of Plekanec to the young G's is a great move.

I also share your opinion that Bournival adds to the 4th line the notion of "the 4th line can break a great transition that could lead to a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 2 anytime" more than it does with White.

When we play Boston or Toronto, White is needed more than Bournival though, IMHO.

Talking about Bournival, WHAT A SPEED he has ! Last time I saw that with the Habs, it was our beloved Grabovski. :)

Beaulieu's skating is very beautiful to watch though. Same for Subban. But Bournival tops them easily at full speed.

Bournival reminds me of Marcus Kruger on the Blackhawk. I'm usually not about subtracting muscle, but I could do without the typical White game, which includes a dumb penalty, a 10 minute misconduct, and a lopsided fight where he gets beat up.

Bournival reminds me of Marcus Kruger on the Blackhawk. I'm usually not about subtracting muscle, but I could do without the typical White game, which includes a dumb penalty, a 10 minute misconduct, and a lopsided fight where he gets beat up.

I, for one, don't really care about losing a fight if White does it against a defenseman. Taking a dman out for 5 minutes is a huge +, IMO.

Then there are also the plays like he had in Calgary where he runs into Moen and it results in a goal against. When he's not doing something stupid he's an effective player, but it just happens too often.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the way Therrien switched up the lines - namely, I thought it would take a calamity for him to separate our best winger (Patches) and our third best C (DD). It makes so much more sense to stack two top lines and have DD thrive against weaker opposition. And Patches really benefits from having another big body up front.

Then there are also the plays like he had in Calgary where he runs into Moen and it results in a goal against. When he's not doing something stupid he's an effective player, but it just happens too often.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the way Therrien switched up the lines - namely, I thought it would take a calamity for him to separate our best winger (Patches) and our third best C (DD). It makes so much more sense to stack two top lines and have DD thrive against weaker opposition. And Patches really benefits from having another big body up front.

DD-Patches have played together since the AHL and have always had good chemistry. I think giving them a bit of time to sort it out early in the year isn't a problem.

Montreal played well in the later stages of the game. Bournival had a fairly poor game. Can't see him being in the line up against Vancouver. Not really sure what you mean by Price bouncing back? He made a lot of big saves against Calgary. Major defensive flaws.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. Price played well but I believe we are all expecting him to more than "good". Price needs a sequence of great exhibitions that can lead to wins. I am patiently waiting for.

Thanks, man. I've been reading this forum for a while and the posts are always worth to see, a lot of good stuff here.

I'd really like to know why, cuz for my part, I like this rule more and more each game.

With all the 3-4 seconds per icing we save, we tend to see a full more minute of good hockey instead of watching meaningless race for a puck that ends up 98% of the time as an icing anyway. It also saves energy AND reduces the injury risk.

That was more reactionary. However I still find that there are lots of time the opposing player would win the puck race to negate the icing but loses to the hash marks but what's worse is the linesmen are actually getting a lot of the calls wrong because of bad positioning.

That was more reactionary. However I still find that there are lots of time the opposing player would win the puck race to negate the icing but loses to the hash marks but what's worse is the linesmen are actually getting a lot of the calls wrong because of bad positioning.

Of course, but the injuries used to happen on exactly these races, the ones that are so close that we,re not sure who would win it.

I prefer bad calls (for now, the linesmen will eventually improve on this issue) than injuries.