When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

3 days until the freeze..trade is imminent. we can't afford to risk losing more games with that slow defense. i'd love to see what Pateryn can do in Mtl

Don, there are about 10 posts on Pateryn above, including this one. Just responding

You want to keep talking about Therrien getting fired , other sites are flooded with canning the guy. Knock yourself out.

(besides he has relatives here...sshhh)

Guest Stogey24

Pateryn played very well last season... very, very well and was the Bulldogs best D over the full season.

This year he's not close to that level. He's taken a big step back.

You have to think its tough on a guy never getting a call up when your playing well. Motivation begins to fall.

This is a quote from Elliott Friedman's 30 thoughts:

Let’s go back to Nov. 12, when the Kings blew 3-1 and 5-3 leads, losing 6-5 to the Ducks in a shootout. Darryl Sutter held an interesting scrum, saying, “I don’t think we let it get away, we never had a lead,” then, “I know you define it by goals having the lead, but we really never had the lead. Wasn’t for (Jonathan Quick), it wasn’t even close.”

His brother Rich, who does some work for Sportsnet, explained a few weeks later that Darryl Sutter was solely concerned about big picture. Maybe the Kings were winning, but he couldn’t stand the way they were playing. He didn’t think they were good enough to win that night, no matter the score.

The big picture... hmm interesting thought.

This is just to get the thread back on track Don :)

Engels had nice quote of Coach-T from last game, during timeout before goal he nicely asked Tangradi, "to wake the f*#k up!" :nuts:

But he didn't and his stint in Belle centre likely over for awhile (at least till Therrien is fired or numerous injuries force them) and is likely much more valuable to Dogs anyways.

Engels had nice quote of Coach-T from last game, during timeout before goal he nicely asked Tangradi, "to wake the f*#k up!" :nuts:

But he didn't and his stint in Belle centre likely over for awhile (at least till Therrien is fired or numerous injuries force them) and is likely much more valuable to Dogs anyways.

yea he is "Iron Michelle" with the new one game fourth line Hamilton Bulldog.

Heard fans saying the same thing to MT when they heard Tangradi was dressing in place of Andrighetti.

yea he is "Iron Michelle" with the new one game fourth line Hamilton Bulldog.

Heard fans saying the same thing to MT when they heard Tangradi was dressing in place of Andrighetti.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Therrien adjusts the power play and in the first game it scores three goals.

Perennial Jack Adams candidate.

Therrien adjust powerplay after tons of fans ask over and over "when he he gonna adjust powerplay?

early Jack Adams candidate....Habsrule. :thumbs_up:

MT's adjustments do tend to come a bit later than fans want. That's a recurring pattern.

You know, the problem with this thread is the "fired" theme. I maintain that a lot of our arguments about Therrien are distorted by the assumption that those criticizing Therrien must, by inference, want him fired. But if we drop the (implausible) idea of firing a coach whose team is having considerable success and just focus on analyzing his weaknesses and strengths, the temperature is lowered.

MT's adjustments do tend to come a bit later than fans want. That's a recurring pattern.

You know, the problem with this thread is the "fired" theme. I maintain that a lot of our arguments about Therrien are distorted by the assumption that those criticizing Therrien must, by inference, want him fired. But if we drop the (implausible) idea of firing a coach whose team is having considerable success and just focus on analyzing his weaknesses and strengths, the temperature is lowered.

Well when i started this thread in Nov of 2013, over 500 posts ago, it was because I was pissed off at Le Genius for his handling of PK Subban. As time has passed the title became redundant and many used the thread to simply bash MT and others to defend him like he was Jack Adams. So I am sorry that this is the title, I don't know how to edit it, I also don't know who dug it up again, but there you have it.

Le Genius is not going to get fired because: 1 there are very few french speaking coaches available.

2. He has a shiny new 3 year contract in his back pocket.

3. The teams stats and standings make it silly to think he will be fired, only Uncle Lou Lam would do that, and he is senile.

I think that about covers it. I am not a fan of Le Genius nor will I probably ever be. I think his methods are suspect at best. However results triumph. Hail to the Coach. :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

Haha HR!

What about now?

Same old Same old can't play the first period and no P/P. Very disappointing but I had hoped maybe they were catching on. That was a tired team last night is the only excuse I can come up with.

Well when i started this thread in Nov of 2013, over 500 posts ago, it was because I was pissed off at Le Genius for his handling of PK Subban. As time has passed the title became redundant and many used the thread to simply bash MT and others to defend him like he was Jack Adams. So I am sorry that this is the title, I don't know how to edit it, I also don't know who dug it up again, but there you have it.

Le Genius is not going to get fired because: 1 there are very few french speaking coaches available.

2. He has a shiny new 3 year contract in his back pocket.

3. The teams stats and standings make it silly to think he will be fired, only Uncle Lou Lam would do that, and he is senile.

I think that about covers it. I am not a fan of Le Genius nor will I probably ever be. I think his methods are suspect at best. However results triumph. Hail to the Coach. :habslogo:

This is a really fine post. It's one that I can imagine cutting and pasting every time the debates over Therrien get too heated.

Exactly why lost, 7 wins in a row on the road is rather tough.

Well ya know, they are professionals being paid a lot of money with all the equip/trainers that money can buy so I tend to not have much sympathy for that one.

So unless go 82-0 you aint pleased?

So what is wrong with wanting 82 and 0? It's never gonna happen and I am always upset at a loss. I never want to be "pleased" when we lose. Unless it is a certain kind of being pleased. :)