2014-15 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Hey Brian ! Any link for information about how much the Habs/Leafs/Rag$ send to the other teams as per the convention ?

today, Tampa announced that they will not tolerate Habs gear for next game.

Molson should not send a penny to any team doing that, IMO.

Allowing tickets to citizens from the area is WAY enough, IMO.

Everything gets pooled into one fund. The top ten teams can pay up to 50% of their gross preseason and regular season revenues (net of allowable arena costs) into this. 35% of all playoff gate receipts are also thrown into the pool as is an unspecified amount of league-based revenues. What they actually pay in terms of actual dollar value and to who is much harder to figure out. There are low revenue teams and then there are low revenue teams in big markets (I believe determined by the number of BBM households); those teams have restrictions on how much they can receive. Where Tampa Bay fits in there is unknown though I suspect it's likely they get some sort of revenue sharing.

Unfortunately, the league won't punish any team who tries to be restrictive to protect home ice advantage. They haven't yet and won't start now.

That's not in the spirit of the game. If the Quebecois were a noted Black community, like the Oakland Raiders, someone would sue them.

On one side of the rafters in Tampa, they have a logo flag of each team. I wonder if they'll leave it there? Maybe Vinnik will demand that the Habs turn their jerseys inside out.