2014-15 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

Crisp is DTD with an 'upper and lower body' injury. I'm just waiting for them to start calling players DTD with general body soreness, that's about as informative as they've actually been. With the injuries, Fournier has been recalled from Wheeling. He had two helpers in three games with the Nailers.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there are more injuries:

Bowman's DTD with some sort of illness while Nevins will miss 4-6 weeks with an upper body injury. My guess is that they'll go with 7 D for a bit now, especially since they're at nine on the roster with rumblings that Nygren should be back before too much longer as well.

Thomas is back. I see they have opened the Upper Bowl for Friday - think it's the last time for Marlie fans in the Hamilton area (I know there aren't really any-mostly Leaf fans attend) to see the blue and white in Hamilton in the regular season. Sell out for all the wrong reasons and never like how the Marlies seem to be scheduled for cheap beer night. Usually leads to more security problems. The cheap beer is 6:30 to 7:30 but I guess it's a good marketing move as it usually leads to $9.75 tall boys for the rest of the night.

I don't expect Thomas to be around for long, just for the two Marlie games. (And expect the Leafs to send a few guys down themselves for those contests.) Thomas (or some other forward) will be called up after the NHL's All-Star break.

Is fine, but would of been a bit more pumped to see Hudon or Carr get a crack. But, just a fan thing, as am sure they have numerous logical reasons why go with him.

This story is mostly about Daryl Katz (Edmonton's owner) and the OHL's Erie Otters but there is an interesting note about how Andlauer is trying to buy the Otters with the idea that they would then play in Hamilton (to replace the Laval-bound Bulldogs): http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/hockey-lawsuit-exposes-grimy-underside-of-sports-ownership/article22646466/?service=mobile

The Bulldogs also have another injury as Sorkin's out 7-10 days with an upper body injury.

Should I be excited for Hudon? Is he looking to have a higher ceiling than originally thought?

His season hasn't really adjusted my thought of what his ideal role would be in the NHL to be honest. I've never looked at him as a top-6 guy and despite producing like one in Hamilton this year, I still don't. I still like him best in a third line, two-way role which I think he'd thrive in. His success this year bumps up my projected likeliness of him making the NHL (which was somewhat high to begin with) but I don't think his overall ceiling has really changed. That's probably not something to get too excited about.

Do you know is Tinordi is practicing with team...or still "under the weather with flu-like symptoms"?

It's still technically the All-Star break so they haven't practiced since the weekend. They won't hit the ice until Friday (tomorrow is a travel day only according to their weekly release).

It's still technically the All-Star break so they haven't practiced since the weekend. They won't hit the ice until Friday (tomorrow is a travel day only according to their weekly release).

sure

Because dressing seven defencemen isn't apparently enough for the Bulldogs, Bobby Shea has been recalled. That leads me to belief Dietz's absence last night was injury-related, not a benching.

Also, Connor Crisp skated for the first time yesterday since suffering an upper body injury almost a month ago. He had a non-contact jersey but that's still a step in the right direction.

hard to find out re Hamilton player's injury status for sure

The injury update from the Bulldogs' weekly release:

F Connor Crisp – Upper body (Day-to-day)
D Darren Dietz – Lower body (Day-to-day)
F Jack Nevins – Upper body (Two weeks)
D Magnus Nygren – Concussion (Out indefinitely)