Reilly instead of Galchenyuk?

dlbalr

not taking anything away from Forsberg, but he also plays first line and pp..which he deserves..but we shouldn't compare our picks until Galchenyuk gets a legitimate shot at top minutes

true.

who plays first line and pp on the habs.

true.

who plays first line and pp on the habs.

also means forsberg plays against other teams first top line. and he leads nhl with a plus 20. (even strength)

its time chucky was on the pwerplay ....full time.

Like someone said on here during last nights game "its not like he'll ruin the magic that is there now" lol

It will happen, just that the coach will be the last one to know its over due. He'll either read about in the papers or MB will instruct him to do so

Galchenyuk only had 3:27 on PP last night, most of any forward. And Plekanec's line had most TOI.

(your quote was with regard to Eller-Sekac playing PP time, not Alex)

Galchenyuk only had 3:27 on PP last night, most of any forward. And Plekanec's line had most TOI.

(your quote was with regard to Eller-Sekac playing PP time, not Alex)

Yes that quote was. Thanks

Would like to use it again..........but with putting Alex at center "full time"

atleast on the pp. would be a way of starting to get him to his natural position now that he is in his third season.

atleast on the pp. would be a way of starting to get him to his natural position now that he is in his third season.

Yes, Alex centering Sekac & Eller/Gallagher/Pacioretty (Wiese even?) is all fine.

Something different works for me.

They're on pace for 116 points. Who cares if Galchenyuk plays center? In the offensive zone he drives the play and carries the puck like a center, I don't care if he doesn't have the responsibility in his own end yet.

A good centre needs to work his ass off for 200ft, unlike a winger.

I don't know if he's ready for that, and with the way MB and MT treat other young players when it comes to defense he might slot in at center at the start of the next decade.

And how would you slot young players into roster and be better than 15-5?

Fans or armchair GMs patience is not the best and too much hoopla over a 20yr old winger who should be centre and playing 21-22 yr old d-men, who have already been given the opportunity to showcase themselves both this and last year.

On a shitty team I think is much easier to slot in rookies and live with mistakes.

And how would you slot young players into roster and be better than 15-5?

Fans or armchair GMs patience is not the best and too much hoopla over a 20yr old winger who should be centre and playing 21-22 yr old d-men, who have already been given the opportunity to showcase themselves both this and last year.

On a shitty team I think is much easier to slot in rookies and live with mistakes.

I've expressed some concern about Beaulieu's development, but in terms of the bigger picture, we need only look at Detroit - a team that has been universally praised for letting its prospects fully mature in the minors - to consider the viability of that approach.

And I agree that this obsession with the C position is probably overblown. First, Galy has not shown a 200-foot game, and until he does, he will be a sketchy choice for C. But second, the main thing is to roll three very effective lines. As long as that's happening, I'm not sure it matters who is playing C. We're not Pittsburgh and don't need to be.

Would you want to look a bit more to future and have Galchenyuk playing 18minutes at centre, Beaulieu in top 4 with 20+minutes and Tinordi on 3rd pairing and kep fingers crossed?.

Or be 15-5, with an elderly d-core (3 with expiring contracts), 2 Hobbit-Smurfs and a bit scatterbrained Dane as top 3 centres?

Guest Stogey24

I've expressed some concern about Beaulieu's development, but in terms of the bigger picture, we need only look at Detroit - a team that has been universally praised for letting its prospects fully mature in the minors - to consider the viability of that approach.

And I agree that this obsession with the C position is probably overblown. First, Galy has not shown a 200-foot game, and until he does, he will be a sketchy choice for C. But second, the main thing is to roll three very effective lines. As long as that's happening, I'm not sure it matters who is playing C. We're not Pittsburgh and don't need to be.

I get the feeling we won't see Galchenyuk at centre for a while. Let him master the wing, then you give him looks at centre. He is literally on the doorstep of a break out.

I would really like to see Beaulieu secure a spot. His game is all about speed and he needs to play at the next level to move his game to the next level. At some point you have to let the kids make mistakes with the big club or your going to get the same mistakes next year. I agree his defensive game needs work, but what better way to work on it than hearing where to be on the ice and how get out of sticky situation than from some of the top veteran defensmen in the league on your team. Beaulieu's time in Hamilton has expired. The next level is where he'll learn his game, but it won't be without mistakes.

I get the feeling we won't see Galchenyuk at centre for a while. Let him master the wing, then you give him looks at centre. He is literally on the doorstep of a break out.

I would really like to see Beaulieu secure a spot. His game is all about speed and he needs to play at the next level to move his game to the next level. At some point you have to let the kids make mistakes with the big club or your going to get the same mistakes next year. I agree his defensive game needs work, but what better way to work on it than hearing where to be on the ice and how get out of sticky situation than from some of the top veteran defensmen in the league on your team. Beaulieu's time in Hamilton has expired. The next level is where he'll learn his game, but it won't be without mistakes.

A lot of us want the same Stogey, doesn't seem at this particular time that he is going to see ice time in Mtl, without injury call up status however.

I agree with everything you said, and being in 1st overall would seem like the time to break him in wouldn't it? If it's not then I really don't know when would be a good time.

It's really a young man's game more than ever.

Do you think Bergevin is going to trade him on that scoring forward we all seem to mant so bad for years now?

Smells like it from down here...

I don't know if he's ready for that, and with the way MB and MT treat other young players when it comes to defense he might slot in at center at the start of the next decade.

get him ready

A lot of us want the same Stogey, doesn't seem at this particular time that he is going to see ice time in Mtl, without injury call up status however.

I agree with everything you said, and being in 1st overall would seem like the time to break him in wouldn't it? If it's not then I really don't know when would be a good time.

It's really a young man's game more than ever.

Do you think Bergevin is going to trade him on that scoring forward we all seem to mant so bad for years now?

Smells like it from down here...

hope not.................with the oldest d in the nhl...........ya want some young guys on the verge of coming up

i disagree with this.... nathan beaulieau has failed to even be hamilton's best defensmen in all his games played there... anyone who watches the dogs can vouch for this.... if he can't even be our best d-man in the A how in the world can you expect him to crack the line up on arguably one of the top teams in hockey right now... he needs to slot in the top 4 and is nooooooo where near that!!

Guest Stogey24

i disagree with this.... nathan beaulieau has failed to even be hamilton's best defensmen in all his games played there... anyone who watches the dogs can vouch for this.... if he can't even be our best d-man in the A how in the world can you expect him to crack the line up on arguably one of the top teams in hockey right now... he needs to slot in the top 4 and is nooooooo where near that!!

MVP for the dogs in 2012-2013 and almost 30pts in 57 games last year. That ain't bad. His game isn't going to the next level in the minors. That's just my opinion though

expect beaulieau being sent down momentarily especially with no games till friday/ saturday, back to backs with the streaking sabres....lol

he just doesn't know his position well enough... sure he can skate like the wind and has a great shot.... but when all is said and done he seems to pass to the wrong guys at the wrong time, chips the puck when he has an outlet, spins with the puck when he should chip the puck, dumps it when he should skate it in.. chases a guy when he should clear the front of the net etc...

he needs to be hamilton's best defensmen first... everybody needs to get there heads out of clouds. the same guys who want Gally at centre and beaulieau in the top 4 wanted boucher and muller at the helm.... just look at Julien and his NY counterpart as prime examples of how that worked out for us each time.

PK Subban was hands down without question the best defensmen on his team and arguably in the whole AHL when he made his jump... not everyone is a McDonaugh, who can seamlessly become one of the best d-men in all of hockey right away. Beauliau has had a fair shake at making an impact dating all the way to last years playoffs. I for one am not convinced letting beaulieau play significant minutes up here is the right thing to do any more.. not on a team that 16-6-1 sitting atop the NHL and with tonnes of room for improvement. he wants TOI with one of the best teams in hockey? prove it in the AHL which hasn't happened yet! I'm tired of the mirage that is youth over proven experience... do you really think the habs are better this year with beaulieau over gonchar? get real cause gonchar has out performed him 10 fold in just a handful of games so far this season....

MB has essentially bought beaulieau and tinordi an extra year of conditioning by acquiring allen=tinordi, gonchar=beaulieau.... good for him for recognizing they aren't ready to help us contend for the cup yet and not sitting on his laurels.

I WANT A CUP NOW!!!!!!! not tomorrow

MVP for the dogs in 2012-2013 and almost 30pts in 57 games last year. That ain't bad. His game isn't going to the next level in the minors. That's just my opinion though

gotcha he also had another almost 30pts the following season.... to go along with his minus 19 and horrible defensive play...

his offensive prowess in AHL has yet to come to fruition in montreal but his game in his own end is suspect still.

I'm not saying he isn't going to be a stud! I'm saying he's only 21 going on 22. It will not hurt his development going down, it will help!!

gotcha he also had another almost 30pts the following season.... to go along with his minus 19 and horrible defensive play...

his offensive prowess in AHL has yet to come to fruition in montreal but his game in his own end is suspect still.

I'm not saying he isn't going to be a stud! I'm saying he's only 21 going on 22. It will not hurt his development going down, it will help!!

I (all?) would take Reilly over Beaulieu, but not over Galchenyuk.

Gilbert would not be the best d on hamilton either. But atleast NB has potential to be more than what he is now.

Hey i would understand if this was the la kings, st louis blues or boston bruins. But the habs are carrying Gilbert? Yet telling NB and Tinordi that "they have to play better"

Gilbert would not be the best d on hamilton either. But atleast NB has potential to be more than what he is now.

Hey i would understand if this was the la kings, st louis blues or boston bruins. But the habs are carrying Gilbert? Yet telling NB and Tinordi that "they have to play better"

Gilbert would easily be best d-man, unless they have traded/signed some new d I haven't heard of yet? :blush:

YES, you got it, they have told both young d 'keep working hard, get stronger-faster-meaner and be more consistent to earn a spot." what else would you expect them (or any team) to say to its prospects.

they have told both young d 'keep working hard, get stronger-faster-meaner and be more consistent to earn a spot." what else would you expect them (or any team) to say to its prospects.

Yep, exactly.

I am not a GM or coach at any level, not even on Xbox :blink:

but this is the management team's decision, and although I want to see the young guys we drafted play, if management doesn't think they are ready, then I'm all for the mega minutes in the A.

Maybe Tinordi and Beaulieu are better than Gilbert and Allen, but they are obviously important to the organization long term, and to develop them both to their maximum potential. The minutes in the A won't hurt, and Gilbert and Allen are stop gaps, that are getting the job done until relieved from duty.

Again, Habs are in first place.... and have lots of defense depth, what's the problem?

Maybe by years end it's management's plan to have these two ready to step in and take us to #25?

:halm:

expect beaulieau being sent down momentarily especially with no games till friday/ saturday, back to backs with the streaking sabres....lol

he just doesn't know his position well enough... sure he can skate like the wind and has a great shot.... but when all is said and done he seems to pass to the wrong guys at the wrong time, chips the puck when he has an outlet, spins with the puck when he should chip the puck, dumps it when he should skate it in.. chases a guy when he should clear the front of the net etc...

he needs to be hamilton's best defensmen first... everybody needs to get there heads out of clouds. the same guys who want Gally at centre and beaulieau in the top 4 wanted boucher and muller at the helm.... just look at Julien and his NY counterpart as prime examples of how that worked out for us each time.

PK Subban was hands down without question the best defensmen on his team and arguably in the whole AHL when he made his jump... not everyone is a McDonaugh, who can seamlessly become one of the best d-men in all of hockey right away. Beauliau has had a fair shake at making an impact dating all the way to last years playoffs. I for one am not convinced letting beaulieau play significant minutes up here is the right thing to do any more.. not on a team that 16-6-1 sitting atop the NHL and with tonnes of room for improvement. he wants TOI with one of the best teams in hockey? prove it in the AHL which hasn't happened yet! I'm tired of the mirage that is youth over proven experience... do you really think the habs are better this year with beaulieau over gonchar? get real cause gonchar has out performed him 10 fold in just a handful of games so far this season....

MB has essentially bought beaulieau and tinordi an extra year of conditioning by acquiring allen=tinordi, gonchar=beaulieau.... good for him for recognizing they aren't ready to help us contend for the cup yet and not sitting on his laurels.

I WANT A CUP NOW!!!!!!! not tomorrow

thats one way of looking at . good post