Nov. 29, Sabres vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

You son of a gun, posting EOTP link and worse still, to a AB authored piece...uggllly. :rastapop:

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" eh Andrew B?

g.carlin

Guest Stogey24

You son of a gun, posting EOTP link and worse still, to a AB authored piece...uggllly. :rastapop:

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist" eh Andrew B?

g.carlin

Ugly truth

Well he certainly aint drinking the kool aid thats being passed around.

cant say i agree with all of that............. but most of it.

upgrades are needed on the blue line ...... cannot play april hockey and win with that old tired D

team will have to depend on a lot of luck to "win when they have to"

That's great.

It's not April.

Yes, and nobody ever talks about what a team needs or lacks to be ready for play offs.

From what I have seen from MB I,m sure he will be addressing the habs blue line....why? simple..... because it needs to be.

But what about saviour Nate the Great & Tinordi, what about the kids (but Bouillon & Murray are still available)!

One (or both) of them coming up and sticking would be considered addressing the current blue line. Rather see them play anyways. Watched enough band aids finish their career on the habs blue line. Thought we were done with that approach.

Guest Stogey24

One (or both) of them coming up and sticking would be considered addressing the current blue line. Rather see them play anyways. Watched enough band aids finish their career on the habs blue line. Thought we were done with that approach.

What are you talking about? I loved Chris Campoli, Tomas Kaberle, Jaro Spacek, Mathieu Schneider....

I agree with that.

I also see that Beaulieu and Tinordi cannot play RD when they are still learning LD in the NHL which is why we have Gilbert and Weaver. Allen and Gonchar were brought in because Tinordi and Beaulieu were not working in the eyes of management (though Gonchar plays RD more than LD so I think he actually came in to replace Gilbert).

I think Allen is also very temporary. If he has another bad game or two he's off to the AHL or another team that thinks he can contribute.

I'd rather take we our lumps with Beaulieu and Tinordi now, in an apprenticeship capacity. Atleast they'll learn at the NHL level. What happens if they stay in Hamilton all year, then come next year, they have to do their learning all over again? Are they going to get sent down again after a few weeks? Where the hell's Larry Robinson when we need him?! JJ obviously isn't the man for the job.

But what about saviour Nate the Great & Tinordi, what about the kids (but Bouillon & Murray are still available)!

I don't think Cube and Crankshaft meet the age requirement. They are too young.

I'd rather take we our lumps with Beaulieu and Tinordi now, in an apprenticeship capacity. Atleast they'll learn at the NHL level. What happens if they stay in Hamilton all year, then come next year, they have to do their learning all over again? Are they going to get sent down again after a few weeks? Where the hell's Larry Robinson when we need him?! JJ obviously isn't the man for the job.

Exactly. Chris Chelios made mistake after mistake when he came up. He himself thought he was not good enough for the nhl. He states so in his book. Credits Lemaire in being patient and Larry for teaching him, telling him to play his own game. Not to worry about every mistake.

"what happens next year, sent down again after a few weeks" ? Under Therrien its more than likely they will. MB will have to tell tell him when a new guy is staying, because unless you are a vetren on the habs, MT wants you mistake free Or so it seems. Do the habs even have a rookie on this team?