2015/16 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I have no idea about Dietz, but just seeing his skating in the couple games he played with the Habs, I don't have high hopes.

With Beaulieu ready to return, Dietz has been sent back to St. John's. Again, this is CBA-related, not performance related.

The team also signed d-man Chris Joyaux to an ATO. He recently finished his senior season at Miami-Ohio where he was teammates with Montreal's bust-of-a-prospect Colin Sullivan.

The injury that Bournival's agent swore wasn't a concussion actually turned out to be, you guessed it, a concussion. The IceCaps announced that both he and Crisp (who it turns out has been dealing with a concussion since what, November?) are in Montreal for treatment and remain out indefinitely. That leaves Eisenschmid as the last of the 'mystery injury' players with Crisp's issue now known.

Gudbranson's hit last April on Bournival is part of the pre-game video in Sunrise. I wonder if the creators know that's the hit that essentially ruined a career? It's the denouement of the whole intro.

Brampton now up to goalie #9-signed Michael Giugovaz (a Brampton native who played for the Guelph Storm)

-signed defenseman Travis Armstrong (from SPHL Louisiana)

-signed Patrick Magannety (Clarkson University)

-sent Christian Weidauer back to Peoria Rivermen of the SPHL

-released f Kyle Rankin

Brampton have just signed two Carleton University players-Joey West and Mitch Zion. I am happy re the West signing. Was a favourite of mine with the Peterborough Petes

Brampton have released three players: D Travis Armstrong, F Colin Murray. F Jesse Stoughton. Murray release is a little puzzling-did score 3 goals in nine games

to totally confuse me, Brampton have signed D Travis Armstrong and F Jesse Stoughton to new contracts after releasing them last week. Also, goalie #10 for the season, Andrew D'Agostini (U of Guelph???)

D Dalton Thrower sent from Brampton to St Johns

F Taylor MacDougall signed by Brampton (University of NB, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles previously)

F Daniel Vernace activated from Reserve

F Joey West placed on Reserve

at least his paycheck just went up Brian

Beast win 4-1 today in Glens Falls NY vs Adirondack. Goalie D'agostini was the first star in his fist start with the Beast. Second pro game-he had one game in the ECHL (Cincinatti) a few years ago after leaving the Peterborough Petes and going to U of Guelph

Daniel Audette will join St. John's for the rest of the season. That one's a no-brainer since he's already signed for next year.

Awesome. Nice to see they're gearing up more local Smurfs...and his daddy that got him an early deal is a legacy Hab as well. La Press's keyboards must be on fire.

Awesome. Nice to see they're gearing up more local Smurfs...and his daddy that got him an early deal is a legacy Hab as well. La Press's keyboards must be on fire.

I honestly didn't mind the draft pick used on him. Where he was selected is 'good AHL'er' territory so the bar is pretty low and the AHL team can use some people who have some offensive skill. I still strongly disagree with their decision to sign him a year early though. I'd have waited until the offseason to make a decision one way or the other.

Jeremiah Addison has also been signed to an ATO with St. John's, another smart decision.

Simon Bourque has been signed to an ATO by the IceCaps. He's another junior prospect whose team has been eliminated from the CHL playoffs. Unlike the other two though, he's not eligible to play in St. John's next season.

Nice!

How many AHL games are left, 4 or 5?

4 games left eh.

Some of these guys may only get two. St. John's only has weekend games the next couple of weeks so next week, the injury replacements currently in Montreal will all be back.

Another roster move today, Andrew Yogan has been released.

-Travis Brown reassigned from Brampton to St. Johns

-Brampton now has signed goalie #11 Eric Brassard from the Q. :wall:

-Brampton has signed F Austin McKay (6'5"captain of Lake Superior State)

and Brampton continues the auditions (maybe going for a record for the number of players on the roster this season?) Latest is Niagara University grad, D man Matt Chiarantano from Caledon Ont

Brampton won both games and knocked Elmira out ot the playoffs. D'agostini was solid in goal with a 2-1 win Friday and Brassard got his first pro win in goal with a 5-3 win in Elmira. I did a brief tally courtesy of Hockeydb.com and got 70 different players including 11 goalies this season. Their season end party is at Oscar's Road House in Brampton today.

-former Carleton U Capt Joey West got his first pro goal last night.