Nov. 7, St. John's vs Hershey, 7 PM

dlbalr

The nightmarish road trip for St. John's finally comes to an end tonight as the IceCaps (6-5-2) return to Hershey for the second time in a week to take on the Bears (6-3-2).

15stj_500.gif

Carr - McCarron - Holloway

Hudon - de la Rose - Andrighetto

McNally - Dumont - Thomas

Fournier - Eisenschmid - Gregoire

Barberio - Pateryn

Ellis - Dietz

Bennett - Lernout*

Fucale

(* - I wouldn't be surprised if Didier or Thrower plays instead of Lernout but there's no lineup news yet.)

14her_500.gif

(Based on previous +/- data.)

Carey - Boyd - Bourque

Camper - Collins - Galiev

Walker - Gazley - Barber

O'Brien - Sill - Mitchell

Ness - Moore

Carrick - Djoos

Stanton - Burgdoerfer

Peters

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST. AM 930 and the ever-so-scratchy feed has the call.

Lernout hasn't been good?

They're carrying nine defencemen right now and have made an effort to get everyone into a couple of games on this road trip. Lernout has played fine but if they want one of Didier/Thrower to play - and both have sat for a few games in a row - he's probably the one that has to come out (since the other rotation is Bennett/Hanley).

I imagine tonight will be Pateryn's last game with St. John's on this conditioning stint. Don't be surprised if he's recalled tomorrow or Monday.

Only one change up front for this one for the IceCaps, Neilson's in for Fournier (so basically a swap of useless fourth line plugs). Fucale in net.

Lernout has seemed "fine' do far, but is a rookie, safe to say he needs to improve his defense, decision making and foot speed as most young d do when first turn pro.

Well.... Carr ties it up and we win it in the shootout. Great come back as we could of easily packed it in on our final game of this trip. This very young team is starting to show something similar to our Habs.... Character!

They ripped first 2 goals over Fucale's glove.

Pateryn had 5 shots, but he & Barberio were on for 2 of 1st period goals (one they coughed up a breakaway).

Holloway had no points, but came back to catch guy on breakaway late in game.

Lernout goal slapshot through traffic from point.

Ellis slapshot from high slot, off McCarron's deflected shot attempt.

Carr pushes one under goalie for bit of garbage goal, but nice comeback. :thumbs_up:

Why not?

because you lose all that prime time of training--- I find it arrogant to suggest that they don't need that playoff training, that they are getting the job done--- these are prospects- they need all the training they can get---

because you lose all that prime time of training--- I find it arrogant to suggest that they don't need that playoff training, that they are getting the job done--- these are prospects- they need all the training they can get---

If management really felt that way though, they'd do a better job at supplementing the team with quality veterans instead of the likes of Maxime Macenauer (or this year, keep multiple veteran slots open). A better veteran core would go a long way towards making this a playoff team as with the roster they have, they're a bubble squad.

Am I the only only one who thinks this team is playoff bound??

-also noticed that Hudon has shifted to wing and made room for DeLaRose on the 2nd line

-with Carr (LY leading scorer) playing on McCarrons wing all season. And now levebre moving Holloway (current points leader) to the opposite side, mcCarron has quietly become our top pivot? He plays the toughest minutes against the opposition's top players?

Could also be a case of 1a and 1b but big mike does get the call vs the other teams top guys!

And it took less then 20 games...

I think this team can score enough to be a playoff team. I don't trust the defence though. We've already seen them blow quite a few leads early on. That's why I have them on the bubble; if the D plays better, they should have a good chance to make it (barring a slew of injuries/recalls, of course). If they continue to struggle, the IceCaps are going to be in trouble.

-also noticed that Hudon has shifted to wing and made room for DeLaRose on the 2nd line

-with Carr (LY leading scorer) playing on McCarrons wing all season. And now levebre moving Holloway (current points leader) to the opposite side, mcCarron has quietly become our top pivot? He plays the toughest minutes against the opposition's top players?

Could also be a case of 1a and 1b but big mike does get the call vs the other teams top guys!

And it took less then 20 games...

Yeah. I think things are more positive than any time Sly as been here. I do however share Dlbair's concerns about the type and lack of talent that management supplements the roster with. You got to like Holloway. Maybe just not enough Holloway's ability on defense

Same maybe can be said for Barberio, which is worse cause he is a d-man.

Yeah-- but i don't think he is going to make you or break you. Right now I would focus more on the goaltending which has been hot and cold. I think this years fortunes will be dictated by what plays out in net.

All aspects of team have been hot/cold (which goes with being youngest AHL team), team defense has sucked at times with lots of turnovers, as had offense with lack of shots and goalies have let in some softies, but overall been OK.

And Barberio as #1 d-man plays the most among a young d-core, so need him to 'shine' more than others as a leader/mentor.

This is ages they have iced for top 6 d-men;

25-22

21-24

23-20 + Didier 22- Johnson 23- Hanley 24; so not a lot of veteran leadership to draw on.

But hard to say Tokarski will regain form nor how Fucale will hold up vs pros as a rookie?

Another reason they arnt a lock for making playoffs.

This is ages they have iced for top 6 d-men;

25-22

21-24

23-20 + Didier 22- Johnson 23- Hanley 24; so not a lot of veteran leadership to draw on.

But hard to say Tokarski will regain form nor how Fucale will hold up vs pros as a rookie?

Another reason they arnt a lock for making playoffs.

thats why we need above average goaltending... to help the kids on D

Sure, better goaltending wont hurt at all.

McCarron on pace for 32g-60pts, can he sustain his offense?

Dosent seem good that even most of d-men have more points than de la Rose, with his whooping 0g 2a, on pace for 12pts.