What was the last 'Change of Scenery' trade that worked for Montreal?

Trizzak

MT has very little to do with the how bad he was here. It's more the fact that in Nj he is playing with better centres. We have no play making centres here which is why we can't score. Hopefully this trade opens the eyes of MB and we start to improve on our centres.

So it's not Therrien's fault he wasn't playing more with Plekanec or Galchenyuk?

It's not the centres and its not the coaching. It's that hes shooting 45% right now. Completely unsustainable

I agree that his shooting percentage is unsustainable, but he I making much better plays than he ever did in Montreal, the effort and skill he's shown on some of his goals is something I never saw in Montreal.

I think if he had a sustained look in an offensive role with skilled players, he would have been more productive.

I agree that his shooting percentage is unsustainable, but he I making much better plays than he ever did in Montreal, the effort and skill he's shown on some of his goals is something I never saw in Montreal.

I think if he had a sustained look in an offensive role with skilled players, he would have been more productive.

I would have liked to see him in front of net on the powerplay for an extended look, especially since that guy was DD on some nights.

A few goals go in, he gets confident, he gives more effort, etc....

I wonder where the effort level will be when he is back to shooting at a normal pace. Will he still be at the level he's at now?

Centers cost Carey Price.

Ryan O'Reilly cost Carey Price?

Ryan Johansen cost Carey Price?

Tyler Seguin cost Carey Price?

I can go on and on. When was the last time a team had to trade their franchise goalie for a top six centre?

Anyway, we already have two top six centres and we were playing one as a left winger and then a right winger because he didn't break out with Lars Eller on his wing.

Ryan O'Reilly cost Carey Price?

Ryan Johansen cost Carey Price?

Tyler Seguin cost Carey Price?

I can go on and on. When was the last time a team had to trade their franchise goalie for a top six centre?

Anyway, we already have two top six centres and we were playing one as a left winger and then a right winger because he didn't break out with Lars Eller on his wing.

Tell it to Bergevin! I'm just the messenger here. Even speaking of such a swap is emotionally taxing for Marc.

DSP might be the Dagostini trade all over again, a guy is traded for a loser prospect, posts twenty out of nowhere and then his career careens to a stop a couple of years later.