Dec. 2, Habs vs Sharks, 10:30 PM

dlbalr

8 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Pleks is not a floater. He never has been and never will be; he's given his all for a decade and has been one of the best Habs of his era.

He's simply lost a step. Not his fault, but it does mean he is a pure checker going forward.

Well said amigo. Pleks is a great Hab.

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't buy that there are floaters, I think that's lazy analysis. 

Patch is a guy with a tremendous shot, who doesn't score a lot of goals in tight.  He needs to get the puck in two ways 1) in transition, with time and space to skate and shoot, or b) in the slot.  

The D aren't getting him the puck in spot 1), the centres cant get him the puck in 2); despite that he is still putting up assists and last i looked was on pace for close to 60 points.  The idea that he's lazy and a floater is one i just can't agree with.  Add to that, he's been a pretty strong two=way forward for most of his career.  I think people are nitpicking at the guy right now. 

Is it all luck? no... but when teams are evenly matched and playing one goal games, luck is a factor. 

Teams lose games, it happens, but that was a very even game last night, (So was Anaheim).  In fact the Habs controlled the play in both.  I don't see either game as showing that the Habs can't win a 4 out of 7 against a heavy team.  We've also been pretty dominant over the years against the Eastern Conference's heaviest team, so I don't really see that as a factor. 

Super post Commander. 

4 hours ago, DON said:

Funny how Habs outplayed them for most of game, but are too small, cant score (don't tell the 20+teams with fewer goals that bit), outcoached (who the heck hired that stupid Muller guy?), terrible PP (only 9th in league...Damn you Muller!), worse defense (cant even name a SJ d-man other than Burns/Vlasic). Nobody has told the Habs just how friggin bad they are I guess?

Hahahaha! 

3 hours ago, DON said:

I stumble in daylight as well and no, wasn't really looking for a response (other than maybe, "Yah, I was overreacting after a loss."), as simply was trying to make a point and poke fun at your post, that's all.:popcorn:

Don I wasn't saying the team is terrible, but they have some problems. To deny that, is to stick your head in the sand. BTW Kirk is one of the best things to happen to this team. But there are rumors he and uncle may not get along the best. I was not overacting, I was commenting on what I think was a bad coaching decision in the last 4 mins. IF that was Kirk's decision ( I don't think so) it is still wrong  imho. But hey buddy cheers the next game will be better.:pray:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

They outplayed San Jose for 50 minutes and were a bit unlucky to hit the post 3 times. Plus the chances both chucky and max missed.  With a little better puck luck, they win the game. 

a post is just that...a post. If you count the amount of posts that have gone vs the Habs in 1 goal games over the course of the last 5 seasons, they might be just above .500 hockey in regular season at best. Unfortunately hitting posts and close calls don't get you points and they don't win games. Net or nothing

10 hours ago, sbhatt said:

When they are playing well, Rangers / Pens are popping 3 or 4 a game (averaging 3 or better), and they are playing well more often than not and have reeled the Habs in.  Of course they have off games that will keep it from being 3.5av, but I don't see them having as many 1 goal game as we seem to, squandering the heroics of #31.

Those are the teams I look at as the ones you have to measure against if you want to go anywhere in the playoffs.

When the Habs were playing well early in the season they were popping 3 or 4 a game too.... now they are not playing well. 

The Rangers also have the highest shooting percentage in the NHL... 1.5% higher than the next closest team... they have the highest PDO in the NHL as well.  Their numbers indicate it is 100% not sustainable over 82 games, but sure lets assume they can keep averaging 3 goals a game all season.