Dec. 10, Avalanche vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

51 minutes ago, CerebusClone said:

Since Emelin has actually always been kind of a wuss when it comes to fighting, and prefers hiding behind either the referees or his teammates

Wuss eh, I would lump him about average or equal to Galchenyuk, Markov, Radulov and vast majority of European players rate in the all important category of fighting? Plus plate in cheek is another good reason to avoid duking it out when toss a big hit and opponents...like Lucic, gets way off his game, throws a childish temper tantrum and takes dumb penalties retaliating.

17 hours ago, CerebusClone said:

Since Emelin has actually always been kind of a wuss when it comes to fighting

1. There is absolutely nothing that says you have to fight in hockey.

2. He has a metal plate in his head and a jaw broken several times. A hard right to the jaw and him freefalling onto the ice on his head is a lot more likely to be death for him than other players.

3. I'll take a team of healthy wusses over a team of injured buffbois

4 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

1. There is absolutely nothing that says you have to fight in hockey.

2. He has a metal plate in his head and a jaw broken several times. A hard right to the jaw and him freefalling onto the ice on his head is a lot more likely to be death for him than other players.

3. I'll take a team of healthy wusses over a team of injured buffbois

Would agree 100%...if I knew what a Buffbois is?:youpi:

No one said he has to fight, I didn't. Also I was talking about his career in general, not just the last game. And it's not necessarily criticism, but an observation... Emelin likes to dish out the big hits, but also never drops the gloves. He's always been like that. 

The only issue with that is that it can piss off the opponent, and potentially lead to retaliation in the form of a big or even dirty hit (on Emelin or a teammate) or a teammate having to drop the gloves later. That's sadly in the culture of hockey, you dish out a dangerous hit (legal or not), if you drop the gloves right away it kind of goes away. Otherwise it can linger until later in the game or even a future game.  

We saw a great example last game. Huge hit by Emelin, big cheers from the crowd (yay! a big hit with Emelin ending up on his ass, and completely out of position)... Andrew Shaw ends up in the dressing room with a bloody face... Gallagher has to drop the gloves and we lose him for 5 minutes. In other words, Emelin gets the cheers while 2 of his teammates pay the price ... 

3 hours ago, CerebusClone said:

No one said he has to fight, I didn't. Also I was talking about his career in general, not just the last game. And it's not necessarily criticism, but an observation... Emelin likes to dish out the big hits, but also never drops the gloves. He's always been like that. 

The only issue with that is that it can piss off the opponent, and potentially lead to retaliation in the form of a big or even dirty hit (on Emelin or a teammate) or a teammate having to drop the gloves later. That's sadly in the culture of hockey, you dish out a dangerous hit (legal or not), if you drop the gloves right away it kind of goes away. Otherwise it can linger until later in the game or even a future game.  

We saw a great example last game. Huge hit by Emelin, big cheers from the crowd (yay! a big hit with Emelin ending up on his ass, and completely out of position)... Andrew Shaw ends up in the dressing room with a bloody face... Gallagher has to drop the gloves and we lose him for 5 minutes. In other words, Emelin gets the cheers while 2 of his teammates pay the price ... 

You seemed to have completely skimmed over the metal plate in his face part. Everyone knows about it, including his opponents. There's no shame in not wanting to fight as a result, and if you think Emelin is using it as an excuse to be able to lay out bone crushing checks without having to deal with any consequences, then that's just hypothetical. Ask any of his teammates if they mind risking having to drop the gloves as a result of his actions and I'm sure they'll tell you that they wouldn't want Emelin to change a thing

Let Colorado be frustrated. Why can't we use them being frustrated to our advantage? We're talking about one more game in a season for crying out loud. Big deal either way. If Colorado wants to have a good performance against us next time, it will because we beat them 10-1, not because of Emelin's hit near the end of the game. One could argue that it's like pouring gasoline on a fire, but the fire was already there. 

• Upvote 2

Emelin broke his face in a fight in the K, where you been Cerebus? He got knocked out by a huge goon, he would fight anybody before that...amazed at how many people that don't know what they're talking about saying he is a wuss... like Sportsnet color guys...

He doesn't back down from fights either, he stands up for himself, but protects himself by grappling to "not fight"

Emelin is an anti pussy really...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, KoRP said:

Emelin broke his face in a fight in the K, where you been Cerebus? He got knocked out by a huge goon, he would fight anybody before that...amazed at how many people that don't know what they're talking about saying he is a wuss... like Sportsnet color guys...

He doesn't back down from fights either, he stands up for himself, but protects himself by grappling to "not fight"

Emelin is an anti pussy really...

Again that is not criticism, but a fact : Emelin likes to dish out the big hits, but won't fight. No matter the reason that remains a fact. And sometimes that means a teammate will have to fight his battles and/or pay the price. In Boston Andrew Shaw took Krug's hit as retaliation, and then Gallagher had to drop the gloves as out retaliation to Krug's hit. 

On a side note: he does act like a pussy sometimes like in Colorado, trying to throw a few punches while the referees are holding the other guy. And when that same guy gets free, Emelin runs away. That is a pussy move... you don't want to fight, that's more than fine with me (98% of the fights in the NHL are stupid and pointless), but don't take any cheap shot - ever - if you're never willing to drop the gloves. 

15 hours ago, CerebusClone said:

Again that is not criticism, but a fact : Emelin likes to dish out the big hits, but won't fight. No matter the reason that remains a fact. And sometimes that means a teammate will have to fight his battles and/or pay the price. In Boston Andrew Shaw took Krug's hit as retaliation, and then Gallagher had to drop the gloves as out retaliation to Krug's hit. 

On a side note: he does act like a pussy sometimes like in Colorado, trying to throw a few punches while the referees are holding the other guy. And when that same guy gets free, Emelin runs away. That is a pussy move... you don't want to fight, that's more than fine with me (98% of the fights in the NHL are stupid and pointless), but don't take any cheap shot - ever - if you're never willing to drop the gloves. 

Krug was given a gift horse to hit, so not sure was retaliation of simply a defenseless player in a vulnerable position gets nailed with a head shot. Who has ever had to come and fight to protect Emelin? Gallagher had to drop the gloves for Shaw,,,not Emelin, but that dosent jive with what you are selling I suppose.:popcorn: