End of Season vs Wings

DON

3 hours ago, Scott462 said:

As much as I like Chucky sometimes the player needs to be accountable for his actions and the choices he makes. He needs to earn thing and not have them gifted. I think that sends the wrong message.

Is the coach also accountable for his choices? Cause I think that on a team that is mediocre offensively, taking one of our top 3 offensively-gifted players and playing him on the 4th line with players unfit to lace his ####ing skates is a pretty poor choice to make in the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Would not be shocked if Galchenyuk wears a different sweater in the NHL before he turns 25. 

Agreed. A coach and GM that are smitten with Phillip Danault aren't looking for guys like Galchenyuk (entertaining players) to gum up the works.

Guest Stogey24
10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Is the coach also accountable for his choices? Cause I think that on a team that is mediocre offensively, taking one of our top 3 offensively-gifted players and playing him on the 4th line with players unfit to lace his ####ing skates is a pretty poor choice to make in the playoffs.  

There is no way it happens. Or if it does it won't even last a period. 

This team cannot afford to have their most skilled player, not in a scoring role.

If it does last, then ya, he's gonzo 

11 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

This team cannot afford to have their most skilled player, not in a scoring role.

Just part of contract negotiations.

10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Well if I recall right when CJ became coach he put him on the first line for a good stretch of games and said that he wanted to work with him through this. He was babying him and it clearly wasn't working. Now he is giving him the tough love approach and it looks like it has somewhat lit a fire under his ass.

I think CJ knows he needs to get Chucky going but he also knows if Chuck doesn't start stepping it up he will be eaten alive in the playoffs and other teams will exploit his weaknesses.

23 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Like others hereabouts, I'm concerned that Galchenyuk still has not solidified his position, and that the organization will give up on him. But your second sentence is spot on. People put waaay too much stock in line combos in general; they change as the game goes on in many cases. And in this case we're not even talking about a game, just a practice. I wouldn't fret over that so much as over the wider question of Galy's relationship with Barber Bill and Bergevin.

Guest Stogey24
10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Like others hereabouts, I'm concerned that Galchenyuk still has not solidified his position, and that the organization will give up on him. But your second sentence is spot on. People put waaay too much stock in line combos in general; they change as the game goes on in many cases. And in this case we're not even talking about a game, just a practice. I wouldn't fret over that so much as over the wider question of Galy's relationship with Barber Bill and Bergevin.

The tactic may be to make Chucky play with a chip on his shoulder. 

If that back fires, we're in serious shit. 

With that being said, Julien needs to put the issues aside and do what's best for the team. PLAY CHUCKY 

On 4/10/2017 at 9:00 AM, Stogey24 said:

BROSSARD - A look at the forward lines at practice on Monday.

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov

Byron - Plekanec -  Gallagher
King - Shaw -  Lehkonen
Galchenyuk - Ott - Martinsen

That line up is saying something about how Julien feels about Galchenyuk's play lately

So just as a refresher, here's the practice lineup being discussed. 

I also think the discussion is being a little blown out of proportion as there's no doubt the lines will change throughout the first series and possibly even within the first game. With that being said, I think what's being missed here is that the real reason there's even a player needed on the 4th line, is due to the fact that Julien has liked the 3rd line. I think King-Shaw-Lehkonen would be a great playoff 3rd line and I'm hoping Julien feels this way as well.

As a result, someone has to fill the void on the 4th line. I didn't come here with the intention of solving that issue but Plekanec has played better as of late and needs more minutes than a 4th liner in order to be able to help shut down other top lines. Byron has arguably been one of our best forwards this season so it's hard to even consider him, even in comparison to Chucky. So if you ask me, Danault and Galchenyuk should simply swap places and the team is good to go. (I know that won't happen either)

It makes sense that Julien is demoting Chucky simply to give him a kick in the butt. If you place any other player in the role even during practice, they're asking "why me?" and losing confidence. Galchenyuk is probably the one who will react the best to this out of the options, because he is the one who needed the jolt the most.

Come game time, we'll see what the actual lines are. 

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sweet Jesus, why does it have to be doom and gloom?

5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

The tactic may be to make Chucky play with a chip on his shoulder. 

If that back fires, we're in serious shit

With that being said, Julien needs to put the issues aside and do what's best for the team. PLAY CHUCKY 

32 minutes ago, DON said:

Not doom and gloom. Concern. There's a difference.

I have no faith in Dwight King. 

Nothing in his play in the last 15 games gives me confidence he is going to flip a switch and suddenly turn things on.  Also, this series is all about speed (the Rangers are a fast team too), and King isn't going to be playing that type of game. 

hopefully he will be part of 1st or 2nd line PP...we have to have the threat of his shot on the PP; just being on the ice will open up shooting lanes.  

Fourth line winger? The message is: there is room for improvement in all areas of his game.  

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Not doom and gloom. Concern. There's a difference.

Eeyore and Chicken Little were always quite concerned as well.:devil:

Cheer up sir, we can worry about stuff like that in a few months and for now we should all just pull for this 2nd rate team to go deep!:gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, DON said:

Eeyore and Chicken Little were always quite concerned as well.:devil:

Cheer up sir, we can worry about stuff like that in a few months and for now we should all just pull for this 2nd rate team to go deep!:gohabsgo:

Goal number 1 is winning the Cup .  Our favorite team is in the playoffs !!!! check!!!  I personally am extremely happy as there were moments when it wasn't a sure bet.  

IMO saying we are a 2nd rate team is a bit harsh though.  

We won the division  - by clearly being the best team in our division.

We are healthy going in ... 

we have a SC winning coach behind the bench....

we have arguably the best goalie in the world... we have enough going to be considered a1st rate team...   

As usual, DON creates straw-men and knocks 'em down. I never said we were second rate. I said, and still say, we are second-tier contenders. And frankly, considering the injury to Letang, and Columbus's inexperience, we might be the Conference's best bet other than Washington. But compared to the Caps, we pretty clearly are second-tier, just as we are when we're compared to the Hawks and maybe a couple of other Western Conference teams.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

As usual, DON creates straw-men and knocks 'em down. I never said we were second rate. I said, and still say, we are second-tier contenders. And frankly, considering the injury to Letang, and Columbus's inexperience, we might be the Conference's best bet other than Washington. But compared to the Caps, we pretty clearly are second-tier, just as we are when we're compared to the Hawks and maybe a couple of other Western Conference teams.

2nd tier or 2nd rate, just semantics.