More juicy Eklund rumours

Another source, "The Lightning will be unable to sign both St. Louis and Lecavallier. Martin has been telling people of his desire to play on the Rangers if he must leave, but I bet it will be Vinny who is tendered an offer by Montreal, and some sort of sign and trade is worked out..I put it at 50% that Vinny is a habs soon."

More on Montreal...Andre Roy and Teemu Selanne and Dandeneault are names that several sources are reporting headed to the city of the underground city. The same source that sees Vinny going there believes that that move could really start a chain reaction.

Juicey indeed!

Actually ... one thing I just though off ...

Thornton wants out of BOS ... Joe for Vinny would probably make sense ... but if they can't pay Vinny how can they afford Joe !?

Is this Vinny problem more than money ?

I think the problem with Vinny, is that they have to many great players that they can't afford them all.... I alwayz said it had to be either Vinny or Brad Richards.

IMO Brad is the better player.

EDIT: Why?--> He's consistant.

[Edited on 2/8/05 by Macaskill]

satan

according to a source "There has not been a lot of speculation on Satan....yet I know that

several teams are going after him hard....he may end up driving the

market on the Pallfy, Demitra, Naslund cluster of players.

I know that Montreal, Toronto, NY Rangers and LA Kings have all made 4

year offers in the $4.25 range.....Boston is begging him to wait, if

Modano chooses another team, they have pledged to beat any other offer

out there on him. One team upped their offer twice last night and once

this morning.....watch for this to break very, very soon.....just a

matter of the player making up his mind now..."

I need to stop reading these rumours, I am going nuts with anticipation.

Not to mention I'm at work and doing nothing but reading hockey stuff ;)

Edit:

###### Boston :-^

[Edited on 2005/8/2 by Prime Minister Koivu]

This has been posted in another thread but I can't resist!

From Eklund:

Forsberg and the Habs

I promised my friends in Montreal Fan990 that I would do something for them...so I made some calls and it is true that the Habs are in now in talks regarding Peter Forsberg. That is a jersey I would buy. (by the way I am kidding about calling around) (maybe)

I think every General Manager would be doing a misstake if they didn't ask around.

Of course the Habs have talked to a numberous of agents. That's also a way of finding out what others there are out there on the big FA Smorgasbord.

But we can't get them all. Maybe we wont get anyone.

But Dandenault and Andre Roy would be nice I think.

I have Vinny on my wishlist. Second is Kovalev even if I think he will gp back to the pens. Third is LeClair. Muscle one year deal.

LeClair = bum

He had a few good year playing with Lindros, but he's never been the player he could have been. He was never the power forward he should have been. Now he is little more than a guy who kills the Habs.

[Edited on 8-2-05 by Fanpuck33]

I don't think LeClair will sign a big contract with any team. Most thinks just like you just wrote. But for the right money I think LeClair would be a perfect player to sign a one year deal with.

The players will have to accept shorter contracts with the new CBA. Some should even be happy to been given a contract.

From todays posts on Eklunds site:

"While you (or at least I) were sleeping

More rumors from the edge....

Chris Pronger got traded to Edmonton for Eric Brewer, Jeff Woywitka, and Doug Lynch.

Naslund signed with the Canucks.

Dallas thought they signed Modano, then Boston made another offer, and now nothing is certain..in fact Chicago may be involved...

Naslund re-signed with Vancouver.

Kariya strongly rumored to San Jose.

Kovalev to Montreal is a good possibility.

Martin Skoula signed with Dallas.

Lindros to Nashville or Toronto by Friday.

Pittsburgh made a huge push for Niedermayer...Calgary or Vancouver are involved as well

Rafalski could be a Blue Jacket or could end up back in NJ. (other teams involved.)

# posted by Eklund @ 9:22 AM"

As you can see above they're saying Kovalev to Montreal is a good possibility...

Originally posted by KidRock

According to Eklund....Selanne and Kariya still in Habs sights.  WOW!  Just a rumour but that would be deadly.

Please don't sign these washed-up bums. D is the only place where money should be spent. That way Streit/Hainsey/Boullion won't have to be the 6th Dman.