latendresse

MAK

I love this habs hockey talk. :clap:

If Latendresse gets a shot at the NHL this year it would prove to us how good the draft was this year for Montreal. I was excited about both picks once I did some research.

Mr. Price is also looking very good so far with the limited stats he has posted. Not expecting him to make the team, but good to give him a taste to see what there is to look forward to.

Let's hope Latendresse keeps up his great efforts...

I was watching 110% tonight and one of the dudes brought up a good point. Just cause Latendresse is brilliant up until now, doesn't mean when the actual pre-season starts he'll still be shining.

I really hope he does though. For one he could turn out to be a real superstar and secondly he's Québecois :que: which would make him that much popular here in Montreal

If he makes the team, I can see him being a lot like Patrice Bergeron

Let's hope he steals the show come saturday and sunday

:ghg:

Thats what we need. 110% effort. Can you imagine the excitement and hype he can bring not only to the team, but to the crowd. I think he is going to be a real gem. Big, strong and talented. We can always have him in Hamilton at the very least. Lets be careful developing him. Bergeron is Bergeron. Latendresse is Latendresse.

Until today I never even considered Latend would actually have any real chance to make the big club , but after reading Juliens comments today (day 2 , main camp) I'm starting to believe that this kid may have a real shot !! and I stress the word "may" . Most importantly , its based on performance + not on P.R. or pandering to the Fracophone press + fans ! I'm well aware that its only the first day of srimmages but even Julien seems to be a believer now , at least in acknowledging that Lat's play hasn't dropped at all in main camp today + the kid is cool as can be out there , despite his age. " I got a feeling , a feeling deep inside..... oh yeah..... oh Yeah ! "

First of all cause Im new... Salutations to all habs fans in HabsWorld thanks for the posts which are quite more entertaining and with a little more freeness than RDS.ca

One thing I just thought about wast not Only does Lantendresse have the qualitites were looking for in a present and future Forward he happens to be Guillaume.. and that means we can start dreaming of one day yet again screaming GUY GUY GUY GUY... speakin of which... I was out of the country between 1988 and 2001 on a secret mission of sorts.. and there are several things I only found out in the last 2 years regarding my beloved canadiens... I dont expect to get the answers anytime soon but would be very gratefull if anyone had the patience and time to answer me a few of these black boxes ... Secondly I'm in Vancouver and dont have satelite anymore and as many Vancouverites know there aint much news other than Canuck news..

One question is what was The Guy Carbonneau episode about something printed in a magazine.. what was that all about?

Nevertheless All my best regards to you all and I cant wait to see the Habs here in January probably the only game for 3 years in vancouver PEACE and Lets get things started already!!!

CYA ALL!!

CoRv

Originally posted by CoRvInA

One question is what was The Guy Carbonneau episode about something printed in a magazine.. what was that all about?

Wow, that's old stuff...

If my memory serves me correctly, Carbo was at a golf event (or something) and when a photograph flashed some pictures, Carbo gave him the middle finger and the picture ended up on the front page of the Journal de Montreal and it caused some scandal...

If I get some details wrong, correct me.

Gotya I see ... this is interesting... I wonder if it was in the same way Theo did it ... although I read in NHL.com that Theo was joking with the reporter who asked him to do something anything with his two hands! Thanks ap79 Appreciate the enlightenment !!!!

CHeersss

If Latendresse plays for the Habs right away then he's a free agent that much sooner...correct me if I'm wrong.

Would it not make more sense to let him get his seasoning in the AHL and come in as a guy who will legitimately put up big numbers...

Considering the new CBA there is also the business side of these decisions.

Also, I think Higgins and Perezhogin are probably our most NHL ready prospects. They deserve a shot over Latendresse...the ONLY way I'd make an exception is if he has a HUGE camp.

Originally posted by Zowpeb

Would it not make more sense to let him get his seasoning in the AHL and come in as a guy who will legitimately put up big numbers...

Considering the new CBA there is also the business side of these decisions.

Also, I think Higgins and Perezhogin are probably our most NHL ready prospects. They deserve a shot over Latendresse...the ONLY way I'd make an exception is if he has a HUGE camp.

I'm pretty sure if Lats starts the season in the NHL, it'll be because he'll have earned his spot.

From what transpires from the training camp reports, all the kids who are battling for one of those 3 forwards spots are doing well. Even Vandermeer seems to be putting on a little show of his own.

Originally posted by CoRvInA

... I was out of the country between 1988 and 2001 on a secret mission of sorts.. and there are several things I only found out in the last 2 years regarding my beloved canadiens... I dont expect to get the answers anytime soon but would be very gratefull if anyone had the patience and time to answer me a few of these black boxes ...

First of all, welcome to HabsWorld - I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

I suppose you were in Denmark between 1988 & 2001 (regarding to your country flag)?

Originally posted by ap79
Originally posted by Zowpeb

I'm pretty sure if Lats starts the season in the NHL, it'll be because he'll have earned his spot.

The Habs can't send him to the AHL. He's still eligible for the Juniors. So it's either NHL or QMJHL for him.

I think he'll be back playing for Les Voltigeurs and he'll get some time with the Can Nat Jrs too. The habs may then use him in the playoffs if their roster is a bit thin.

He's not under contract. So, for him to make the NHL, he needs to persuade the habs to sit a guy that they're already paying half a million or more. To do that, he needs to really stand out, like lead the team in pre-season scoring or something.

I'd love to see it happen, but I've been jaded over the years of never seeing prospects become the offensive force in the NHL that I'd hoped for (i.e. Stephan Lebeau, Gilbert Dionne, Valerie Bure, Andrew Cassels, ... the list goes on)