Pre-Season Game Thread | Atlanta vs. Montreal | 9/18/05

Spider-Man NL

Game was Awesome!

Felt great to be back at the Bell center to watch Habs Hockey!

Hossa looked awesome, used his size and power for positioning, and scored a great goal

Perezhogin looked very strong as well. Aggressive, determined, and scored a great shootout goal for the win.

Archer and Benoit looked a little lost on D

Carey Price played a pretty solid game.

Ivanans got a hooking penalty everytime he stepped on the ice

Bouillon looked good on D, as did Hainsey...

Bonk made some great plays, but was mostly invisible...strong defensively, but he doesn't hit anyone....

Begin....gotta love Begin....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game, what a game! I mean, considering most of the guys were junors and our best players were missing, lol.

Anywayz, great fun watching, was at the jambouree all day as well... I'm exhausted, no use reading this whole topic, too long, lol.

Shoot-outs were too sweet!

Originally posted by Quebecois

For those who were at the game, how big was the crowd?

It was actually a pretty good turn-out... easy to see empty seats in the reds, and the main reason the nose-bleeds were full were because free tickets were given out during the day. Still more ppl there than i expected though.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

nice pics puck, got any more?

hear! hear!

very good (and sharp) pics, you had great seats right?

Actually, I had the highest-up seats in the building, but with a good view. Cheap blue section... its where I always sit :D

I've got good vision, so I dont mind... I've got other pics... one sec, I'll look for the best ones.

I was there tonight and I really like what I saw.

I can't believe we're not earing more about Higgins. He was awesome tonight. Second best Habs player tonight.

First place goes to Bulis. Was every where tonight. He really can fly on the ice and with the new rules, he will be a very good player.

Ribs played well, but he didn't deserve the 1st star. That was for the crowd. Bulis and Higgins are my first 2 starts of that game.

Here's waht I saw from our best players and prospects:

Bulis: played hard every shift, was very fast, played great defensively and offensively, almost scored a goal (nice save) - him and Bonk should make our 3rd line the best scoring 3rd line we've had in god knows how long

Bonk: didn't see him much of him but showed some flashes of gretness sometimes, really big (major change from Juneau), I guess if you don't see him it also means that he played well defensively and didn't make a mistake, seems nonchalant sometimes but that's is style and that's why people are always on his case, we just have to get use to it. The simple amateur won't notice it, but is playing style allows Bulis to be a little more offensive than usual without taking away there good defensive play.

Higgins: that guy will become a fan favorite, plays with a lot of grit, can give good bodychecks, much faster skater than I had anticipated, plays great defensively (excellent PK player!!!), had a breakaway during a PK but lost control of the puck at the last second otherwise it was a goal because he had beaten the goalie (great deke, I was just behind the net) DEFINETLY MAKES THE TEAM - I BET THE FARM ON IT !!!

Dagenais: some player as we saw 2 years ago, he's still not a good skater, has a great shot (nice goal in shootouts and it a post during a PP), not the best defensive player and can't hit a guy, I never saw a big guy like that not being able to give a bodycheck. Personaly, I'm not a fan of the guy (but I admit that he does find a way to score goals) and I would prefer to see a guy like Perezhogin (see below)

Perezhogin: fast skater, good offensive skills, I like what I saw, awesome goal in shootouts..the goaler never saw anything,

Dandenault: wow what a addition that guy will be, completely and totaly impressed by what I saw, really fast, good offensive sens of knowing when to attack, always well positioned, controled the puck for the last 7-8 seconds of the game and first one to congradulate Danis (appeared like a leader on the ice), all I have to say is bye bye Brisebois and hello Dandenault at half the price

Hossa: played well, solid on his skates, fast, good shot and finally played hard all game long, good become a surprise if he keeps it up, some of us had given u on him to quickly maybe

Price: played great, looked really confident (not shaky at all), made a few nice saves, now I can definetly see why he was drafted so high (very impressive for a 18 year pld playing is 1st game), great lateral movement, looked fluid and effortless out there, already better than Danis in my book, at least tonight for sure.

Danis: he was average tonight, I was neither impressed nor disapointed, lets just say that I have a feeling that Theo will be playing a lot of games this year....

Hainsey: played well but not great, didn't make any mistakes defensively, much better than the last time we saw him in Mtl. Potential is there, but didn't play like a dominant player you would expect from a first round choice. He could very well just endup being a 5th or 6th defenseman for us.

Streit: played ok but nothing more, I prefered Hainsey tonight, made a few mistakes (nothing major but didn't always select the best available play that was offered to him), doesn't look like he will make the team

Bouillon: what else is there to say, played as usual which is at 110%, by far the best 7th defenseman in the league in my opinion,

Bégin: hasn't change a bit, plays hard every shift, good PK player, blocks shots and gives a few good checks, great 4th line player

Well its late for me, so that's it.

Go Habs Go !!!

this was beautiful.

Thanks puck for the pics

Aside from my habs addiction, I am also a big red sox fan... They have been killing my mood recently. The habs just reminded me which passion is paramount. I can't even explain how happy/excited/anxious/pissed at my cable provider I am.

Go Habs.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

The shootout team for the season should be: Zednik, Kovalev, Koivu.

Logical choice of course but I have to disagree. Day to day different players are hot and not, and coach should put out the players who are on their game that day.

Normally something like 10 games a season will end in ties, so that is 10 big points up for grabs if we can win those shootouts consistently. In my opinion, Dagenais' stock went up tonight -- there was pressure, no big cheer whjen his name was announced yet he went through and put it in the net when the other two couldn't.

Then Perez, in his first game, does the same, great for him to get the job done under pressure.

The special teams and the shootout core are going to be responsible for earning lots of points for the team this season.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: