Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

[Edited on 2005/9/18 by Spider-Man NL]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see one of these Spiderman!

by the way, needs some tweaking I think -- I have IE and can see a lot of the HTML code in the preview, like in the roster list, code such as "FONT=arial" and "COLOR=blue" is showing as text. Is it just me?

[Edited on 17-9-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Thanks for starting the thread Spidey...

Just a note though, neither of the goalies you listed will be starting. I think its going to be Dunham vs Price or something...

Anyways, I'll be at the game... Anyone else going?

Originally posted by Spider-Man NL

I'm working on it.......it's been a while since I did one of these. lol.

Long time since I've seen one too! Looks just fine now.:/)

I will be listening on CJAD internet, I guess I'll see a few of you guys here then. I envy you puck, enjoy the game!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by puck7x

Thanks for starting the thread Spidey...

Just a note though, neither of the goalies you listed will be starting. I think its going to be Dunham vs Price or something...

Anyways, I'll be at the game... Anyone else going?

I wasn't sure who the starting goalie were going to be so I took a guess and went with Theo & Lehtonen

[Edited on 2005/9/17 by Spider-Man NL]

[Edited on 2005/9/17 by Spider-Man NL]

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by Spider-Man NL

I'm working on it.......it's been a while since I did one of these. lol.

Long time since I've seen one too! Looks just fine now.:/)

I will be listening on CJAD internet, I guess I'll see a few of you guys here then. I envy you puck, enjoy the game!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Are you sure that CJAD is going to be carring the game?

CJAD's website says they are covering the preseason games, but to it is a little vague: "CJAD will provide you coverage of every Canadiens pre-season game" -- could that mean just a post-game report on the news or whatever?

I'm pretty sure it means Rick Moffat and whoever the color man is will actually broadcast the game.

19h00 Sept 18, that's about 24 hours away.

Prediction:

Habs 5

Thrashers 4

Perezhogin (2), Ribeiro, Bulis (2)

[Edited on 18-9-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

ok well im going to go start up morpheus. To get into to the mood ill be playing the toronto goal song, you know, the ohohoh song there...

Don't you mean the Habs goal song? Wonder if it will be the same this year, wonder what other changes there might be in the production side of the BigBell games.

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

No, I like the Toronto one but what the hell...

OLAAAYY OLAY OLAY OLLLLAAAYYYYY

:o

Wow, I would not admit that here if I were you -- to most Habs fans the Toronto goal song has the same effect as fingernails scraped across a blackboard!

Originally posted by JeanLucPilonby the way, needs some tweaking I think -- I have IE and can see a lot of the HTML code in the preview, like in the roster list, code such as "FONT=arial" and "COLOR=blue" is showing as text. Is it just me?

I use OPERA as my browser. Give it a shot! It's a great browser with lots of extras.

There's a free version with some small built-in adds or a full version for $39.00. It's WELL WORTH the $39.00.

Latendresse, Ribs (2), Kovalav (2)

Latendresse isn't playing.

But, that aside, very nice illustrations! :/):/):/)

some pretty wild scores coming in from the other preseason games... (also some pretty wild PIM).

Is this just preseason lines and goaltending.. maybe guys a letting up on checks when the games don't count?

OR

is this the new NHL?

Originally posted by shortcat1

Latendresse, Ribs (2), Kovalav (2)

Latendresse isn't playing.

But, that aside, very nice illustrations! :/):/):/)

Yup, I see the proper game lines have now been announced and posted, so I updated my prediction accordingly.

Originally posted by simonus

some pretty wild scores coming in from the other preseason games... (also some pretty wild PIM).

Is this just preseason lines and goaltending.. maybe guys a letting up on checks when the games don't count?

OR

is this the new NHL?

Checked TSN and I see what you mean, six games and three teams scored more than six goals each. Lots of hooking/holding penalties. Yeah, maybe we're seeing these high-scoring games because the checking isn't close and the players are all going for goals, to impress their coaches?

And as for penalties, I think if the refs crack down on obstruction we'll see a lot more power play/shorthanded situations this year (at least until/if the players learn to play within the new rules). So it will be important that the Habs can put good special teams together. Never thought I'd say this but we may miss Brisebois! (Patrice had a goal and an assist, both on the power play, in Colorado's 4-2 win over Dallas today)

[Edited on 18-9-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Originally posted by simonus

OR

is this the new NHL?

I'm thinking coaches & players haven't adapted their defensive strategies to the new rules yet.

The entire defensive mentality of the old NHL was about obstructing and slowing teams down. Coaches & players almost have to start from scratch to find ways to shut down the opposition.