Habs win again

Howie_Morenz

ATLANTA (AP) - Montreal goalie Yann Danis had the NHL debut he envisioned.

The 24-year-old stopped 32 shots in the Canadiens 2-0 victory over the Atlanta Thrashers Wednesday night.

"I imagined it," Danis said after shutting down Ilya Kovalchuk and a powerful Atlanta attack. "It was a good start for me. Our team scored the first goal, so my confidence was there. ... But it's only one game."

Complete story on TSN:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=139548&hubname=

50653788.Danis.JPG

Danis played a steady game. I don't believe he had very many tough saves to make, and the Habs defence did a fine job in clearing most rebounds for him; all he did was stop the puck, which is all you can ask for a backup. I did like the kids' demeanour, as he did not appear nervous or rattled at anything the Thrashers through at him.

Almost makes me wish Beckham was back here to try and defend himself, saying that Danis couldn't handle the NHL, THeodore wasn't good enough, Montreals goaltending was in trouble. Yeah? Hows a 4-1 record. HA.

Way to go Danis. That should shut up all your non-believers....BIG TIME

There's no doubt that Danis made some great saves, but the team played some fantastic defensive hockey in front of him. They gave up very few scoring chances to the Thrashers.

Also, a couple of times Kovalchuk could have had the puck in the back up the net, but looks like he's still got some rust. Heh.

Originally posted by kaos

Almost makes me wish Beckham was back here to try and defend himself, saying that Danis couldn't handle the NHL, THeodore wasn't good enough, Montreals goaltending was in trouble.  Yeah? Hows a 4-1 record.  HA.

Way to go Danis.  That should shut up all your non-believers....BIG TIME

Believe me... He wouldnt take back anything even if we won the cup. He and Linden_Fan at espn (same person?) would still talk on about how bad their "favourite" teams are.

I say ###### 'em. Id be happy if I never saw any of them again.

it is very nice to see Danis play well and show that he can. However, one game does not a career make and I'm sure there are bad goalies that had good debuts. At one point Penny was a top prospect. /troll

That being said, Danis sounded good last night. He was definitely calm and sound, exactly what one wants from a backup. It's only an indication, but it is a good one.

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

well like I posted elsewhere Danis' performance will only help Theo focus, because a star doesn't like being upstaged!

Go Habs Go!

This is 100% true.

Danis was steady and most shots were not of the greatest of shots I ever saw. There were at least 6 that had goal written all over them and Danis came up big!

Its good to see TSN actually saying something good about other teams instead of lies to the Leaf flock.

Originally posted by kaos

Almost makes me wish Beckham was back here to try and defend himself, saying that Danis couldn't handle the NHL, THeodore wasn't good enough, Montreals goaltending was in trouble.  Yeah? Hows a 4-1 record.  HA.

Way to go Danis.  That should shut up all your non-believers....BIG TIME

For all the respect I have for beckham (and I do have respect for him despite some of the things he says), you can be pretty well sure that this result wouldn't change his opinion. It would take an awful lot to make him re-evaluate his position... probably to the same extent that it would for some of us too.

Originally posted by Macaskill

There's no doubt that Danis made some great saves, but the team played some fantastic defensive hockey in front of him. They gave up very few scoring chances to the Thrashers.  

Also, a couple of times Kovalchuk could have had the puck in the back up the net, but looks like he's still got some rust. Heh.

There was a poll that was taken on RDS TV last night. The question was: "How many goals do you think Kovalchuk will score this year?"

The choices ranged from a low of somewhere around 10 to a high of over 40.

The majority of votes taken had him scoring over 40 goals and the next highest was between 30 and 40 goals. So, the great majority of those who responded said that he would score at least 30 goals.

Would you agree?

Originally posted by casseau

How 'bout Komi throwing the big hit on Kovalupchuk? For that matter how 'bout Dagenais throwing a hit?!? I wish I had my VCR set for that one...right up there with a Bigfoot sighting.

hahahahahaha good post. I saw the Dags hit too and thought I was seeing things!:o:o:o:o

Of course I did not tape it so nobody that listened to the game is going to believe it.

Originally posted by shortcat1

[There was a poll that was taken on RDS TV last night. The question was: "How many goals do you think Kovalchuk will score this year?"

The majority of votes taken had him scoring over 40 goals and the next highest was between 30 and 40 goals. So, the great majority of those who responded said that he would score at least 30 goals.

Would you agree?

I say he gets 40+ Just none against habs goalies!!!!

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

[There was a poll that was taken on RDS TV last night. The question was: "How many goals do you think Kovalchuk will score this year?"

Would you agree?

I say he gets 40+ Just none against Habs goalies!!!!

That would be nice... somewhat optimistic but nice, nevertheless. :):):)

Originally posted by Macaskill

There was a poll that was taken on RDS TV last night. The question was: "How many goals do you think Kovalchuk will score this year?"

Would you agree?

I'd say he will fall in the 30 to 40 category.