Leafs 9 Thrashers 1

habsfan88

Holy crap.. out of all games TSN decided not to air this match. Apparently there was tons of hits and fighting and we didnt get to see it. what idiots. and that sucks how the leafs won by the way.

but i dont understand how pat quinn can complain about dirty hits when that is what his team does all of the time. haha stupid laffs

Originally posted by habsfan88

Holy crap.. out of all games TSN decided not to air this match.  Apparently there was tons of hits and fighting and we didnt get to see it. what idiots.  and that sucks how the leafs won by the way.

but i dont understand how pat quinn can complain about dirty hits when that is what his team does all of the time.  haha stupid laffs

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that I saw it. I'm subscribed to RDS, so as to watch the Montreal games but, as a mandatory part of the package, I also get the Leafs Channel.

I took advantage of it tonight so as to see how the Thrashers (and Leafs, for that matter) are doing. It was very much a one-way contest. EVERYTHING went well for the Leafs and NOTHING went well for the Thrashers.

You have to admit, nevertheless, that games like that are not usually indicative of the quality of both teams. I remember the Jays beating the Yankees almost 20 to 0 several years ago and then watched the Yankees go on to win the World Series and the Jays finish below .500 .

Crud happens for us all once in a while, Thrashers and manna falls from heaven to us all once in a while Leafs.

Thrashers, there's another day an a few hours.

Leafs, there's another day in a few hours.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

SHIT! WE ARE SO DEAD!

If you're being sarcastic, that's good. If you really mean what you wrote, read my post from above.

Signed: The Wise Old Man On The Mountain.

[Edited on 2005/10/15 by shortcat1]

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIT! WE ARE SO DEAD!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wat do u mean were dead the only reason the leafs won was because Atlanta lost their 2 best goalies and are now stuck with rookies for awile, mabey the laffs will bring over some momentum but come on the only way they win is when they're playing against a crap goalie.

Originally posted by jetsniper

I'm almost certain he was being sarcastic. Atlant didn't have Lehtonen or Dunham in net either so I'd take that score with a grain of salt.

Precisely what I was thinking. I bet even Washington would be able to beat them now.:lol:

SHIT! WE ARE SO DEAD!

hahahahahahaha good one! I always like a good joke in a thread.....

Leaves scored 7 goals on the power play. I watched some of it on their homer tv Leafs TV. Atlanta stunk 500 times worse than when they played the Habs. In fact this game was even worse to watch than the Montreal game as Atlanta really did not want to be there.

Plus a rookie or untested goalie in Atlanta's net did not help the Thrashers.

Now lets see what the Leafs do against a real hockey team.

Habs 4 Leafs 3 my prediction!

I'm guessing the Maples think they won the cup by demolishing the Thrashers yesterday - they'll be overconfident and ripe for the picking. 9-1 yesterday is good news for a habs victory today!

9 -1 , yeah thats awesome... here's how I see it...

Leafs went 7/16 on the PP last night scoring most of their goals while ATL were down 2 men on 5 on 3s...

Michael Garnett was making his first ever NHL start and he is not NHL caliber. The Thrashers are desparate to solve their goaltending situation. With this guy in nets they can expect to get bombed by worse teams then the Laughs.

I have been severely disapponted with what I feel is a highly overrated and over hyped ATL team. When Kovulchuk settles in they'll score afew more goals but they have one of the most suspect defensive corps in the entire NHL Modry (an offensive dman) being their most experienced and highest quality player. I don't think this is a very fair situation to put Kari Lehtonen, a promising BUT ROOKIE netminder in...

As for tonight I think the only Laugh to watch out for is O'Neill, otherwise we're fine... he's a streaky scorer and a real handful when he's on + he always gets up to play the Habs...

I have a feeling it won't be 9-1 for the Leafs tonight...

Go Habs Go!

See how bad the leafs have it? Tucker is going after the puck and peca is taking a flying leap onto his back! Peca's such a dirty player. How's Tucker supposed to score 50 goals with guys targetting him like that?

I agree with what Don Cherry said about this. If you run up the score like that, the other team is going to start taking runs at you. Also, you shouldn't embarass the other team like that and when it's 6-1 you should play defensively. Something interesting he brought up was that when Bertuzzi nailed Moore the score was 9-2.

And then he told Pat Quinn to stop whining.:)

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I agree with what Don Cherry said about this. If you run up the score like that, the other team is going to start taking runs at you. Also, you shouldn't embarass the other team like that and when it's 6-1 you should play defensively. Something interesting he brought up was that when Bertuzzi nailed Moore the score was 9-2.

Nice to see you back in action, BTH.

Another thing about Cherry... I don't know if I got it right but, it was near the end of Coach's Corner. I thought I heard Cherry mentioning that Latendresse is going to be a superstar one day.

Again, I could be wrong.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

What? I don't believe this! Cherry for once didn't suck up to the laffs? Unbelievable!

Ya I was surprised but if you had seen him he was kind of ...weird... even though he was making sense. Especially with the spirit fingers.