What Do We Do About The Habs' Defense?

blaze53

We all know something is wrong with Montreal's defense and without Andrei Markhov for 2 more games it will be pretty hard for the habs and we know that following the 4-0 loss against the Sens.

What should we do?:hlogo:

Welcome, blaze53!

(did you read about this site in the paper?)

"We" should carry on speculating and opining about what Julien and Gainey should do, believing that we have all the answers. That's what we do best!

[Edited on 2005/11/30 by Mont Royale]

I'll catch alot of heat for the D solutions i have but that happens. Try to trade Rivet and Souray. They need a D who can move the puck to play with Komi. They also need a tough stay at home D to play with Markov. Dandy and Bouillon will fill # 5 and 6 . I think Cote was overall better then Streit, although he had a bad mistake which led to a goal. This D core has been around together for a while and it isn't working. Time to move a few.

This doesn't make any sense. We have a (short term) severe shortage of defencemen and many of you suggest we solve this by trading away our defencemen. What we need to do is pick up more defencemen. I truely doubt we can improve on defence by exchanging the few we have for others.

We could trade a forward, or a goalie or a prospect (not a defencemen since we haven't got any) but we still need to find an available D-man. I don't know of any particularly good choices available right now. Perhaps Gainey will find us someone but it won't be for Streit.

Hainsey may pan out but I wouldn't count on it. I think he is a career AHLer.

Originally posted by smon

The defensemen aren't all that bad, some, especially Souray need confidence.. We need depth though, that has become clear. Sorry Streit, but you gotta go.

Streit IS our depth man.

EXACTLY PeterPuck and Oh wise Bulis! Ive said it before and Ill say it again We need another FIRST DMEN and we cant trade a Dmen for another Dmen.. unless we add two draft picks along with it No sense!.. lets wait another 25 games and then if the second line doesnt react I say we even trade 3 forwards (anyone except Kovy Koivu) for a Dmen or two!