Sickening reconciliation - Roy and Mario the devil

hab29RETIRED

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... That's why I worry about another Rejean Houle experiment if MB is gone this year.  Mario Tremblay wasn't the only one with a big ego here. 

I am confident in saying that when(ever) MB is replaced it will not be with a former beer salesman with no hockey management experience ... the next GM (whenever) may or may not work out (that is the case with every hire) but you had to see a drop of water in a glass as half-full to have seriously thought Houle would work out.

25 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I am confident in saying that when(ever) MB is replaced it will not be with a former beer salesman with no hockey management experience ... the next GM (whenever) may or may not work out (that is the case with every hire) but you had to see a drop of water in a glass as half-full to have seriously thought Houle would work out.

You would think it wouldn't happen again. Management experience is important but being a good judge of talent is even more important. 

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

You would think it wouldn't happen again. Management experience is important but being a good judge of talent is even more important. 

Agree talent assessment is critical ... I was using the "management" term broadly should perhaps have used "hockey operations" ... it is through those various functions under that umbrella, at various levels, that potential GMs develop the necessary skills, including being a good judge of talent (both on ice and in staffing their off-ice organization).

25 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Agree talent assessment is critical ... I was using the "management" term broadly should perhaps have used "hockey operations" ... it is through those various functions under that umbrella, at various levels, that potential GMs develop the necessary skills, including being a good judge of talent (both on ice and in staffing their off-ice organization).

Agreed.  

6 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Patrick Stewart is definitely the wealthiest of the three, but Mark Hamill is a distant third on that list. 

Id like to be a distant third with a net worth estimated to be over 20 million.