Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Lightning | 12/28/05

Spider-Man NL

It's about time .. Komi scores his first NHL goal, Bonk Streit & Dandenault score a first goal for the Habs, Saku gets his 300th career assist, Théo gets his Sv% above .900, Zhogs gets some more icetime, Sunny gets an A, our GF>GA, our boys win a couple of hockey games.

Go Habs go

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do forgive you PMAC, you are entirely right. It was a nice dream but it is over with me and tea for the Habs. I tried and I believed -- I brewed . . .and then I cried.

It just was not to be with the tea. The butterfly effect is after all random -- and so I officially abandon tea as of now, and call on all HW friends to do the same: Renounce Tea!

[(I may have tea, but flavored inconsequential.) It's all up to the boys in the bleu blanc rouge now, the chamomile won't be there for them anymore they will have to do it themselves from now on.

Just don't let them drop TEN FUGGIN' ROAD GAMES IN A ROW tonight or else I may start drinking scotch, and that's not a good idea at 9h00.

Good one. LOL :lol:

OK We've had our fun and now Les Boys better win the **&^#@)))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game! Just say no to ten in a row

I don't know how to take this fight between teammates. On the one hand, it shows that they are trying to perform at a high level and shake themselves up, but on the other, it shows that the team chemistry is at an ALL TIME LOW... :angry: :?-

Tonight will tell the tale for if they win, all will be forgotten, but if they lose, well.. :o

Lets hope they win BIG TIME :king:

:bow: :ghg: :bow:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4619

Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Lightning

TAMPA BAY – The Canadiens will be looking to get back on the winning track tonight after dropping their ninth straight contest on the road, Monday in Atlanta. Claude Julien’s charges were unable to beat Michael Garnett, who stopped all 36 shots in the Canadiens’ 4-0 loss, just their second shutout loss this season. Tonight’s stop in Tampa is the third of five on the road for Montreal, who will close out 2005 in Florida and Carolina this weekend.

The Lightning head into tonight’s meeting following a dramatic 5-4 overtime win at home over the Southeast Division-leading Carolina Hurricanes. Dan Boyle scored the game winner with just 33.4 seconds left in the five-minute overtime. The win snapped a four-game slide for John Tortorella’s squad, who prior to the skid had earned at least a point in 12 of their previous 14 contests (10-2-2).

Tonight’s matchup is the second of the season between these two clubs. Back on Nov. 8, Jose Theodore made 34 saves to lead his teammates to a 3-2 win over the defending Stanley Cup champs at the Bell Centre.

Theo returns: After watching Cristobal Huet make four consecutive starts while he nursed a bruised knee, Jose Theodore will be back between the pipes for the Canadiens Wednesday night. The 29-year-old backstop had been sidelined since Dec. 15, when a puck hit his knee during a game in Edmonton. In 12 career games against the Lightning, Theodore is 5-5-2 with a 2.15 goals-against average.

1925-26 vs. 2005-06: In the 1925-26 season, the Canadiens dropped their last 10 road games of the campaign and were outscored 40-15. Contrary to the road woes of the 2005-06 edition of the club, all those losses were in regulation, as neither overtime nor a shootout existed at that time. During the current slide, Montreal has collected three points, with one shootout and two overtime losses.

Discipline by example: While their penalty killers have had difficulties of late, allowing 10 goals in 28 opportunities over the last five games, the Lightning are making things easier for themselves. Tampa Bay is the least penalized team in the league, averaging only 12 penalty minutes per game. With the same average in 2003-04, the Lightning ended the season third overall.

4619_3.jpg

It'll be a heated battle between Alex Kovalev and Dan Boyle as their two teams vie for seventh place in the Eastern Conference standings.

lets get it on!!!!

go habs go!!!!

theo is in between the pipes

ohhhhhh ribeiro gets stopped on the breakaway

big save theo!!

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUULiiiiiiiiiiiiissSSSSSSS!!!!!

Bulis scores, Christmas miracles ARE possible!!!!!!

Bulis scores, Christmas miracles ARE possible!!!!!!

lol.. :) It ain't over until the fat lady has sung...I believe only in miracles if the Canadiens can survive a third period without blowing a five goal lead...

yep thats right

other lines are

dags-ribs-sunny

higgins-begin-ryder

perez-murray-kovy

kovy is being double shifted

lol.. :) It ain't over until the fat lady has sung...I believe only in miracles if the Canadiens can survive a third period without blowing a five goal lead...

i'd be willing to take the chance on that five goal lead :wacko:

more big saves theo as bulis is in the sin bin

pk, penalty to streit

markov and rivet have the flu.........i accuse the leafs of germ warfare

pk, penalty to streit

markov and rivet have the flu.........i accuse the leafs of germ warfare

Man, when will the boys start getting their flu shots? This seems to happen year after year...

man these game threads are a lot less lively since the heady days of battling ottawa for top spot