Farewell To Mad Mike Milbury

Mont Royale

He went through 10 coaches and then he finally realizes that he's the problem. Shoulda stuck with Laviolette; he has a knack for coaching surprise teams.

I haven't been following Fedorov. Even if he is my favourite player of all time.

Do you guys realize who poor Mike Milbury was as a GM for the Islanders? I think he will be rememberd as the worst GM ever. Or is there someone I've missed?

Nope he is the worst in Hockey anyway. The Red Sox had a bad GM whom also enjoyed to produce terrible plays and trade players for money to the Yankees to finance his plays.

It is about time the ownership lowered the hammer though.

Although since Millbury acquired Yashin the Isles have not missed the playoffs.

Mike Milbury has decided for himself to step down.

The only question is: was the owner in a coma for the last several years? How did Milbury not get fired before? :?-

Link

I always thought that he must have blackmail photos of the owner. Imagine how good the Isles would be if some of his poor trades were reversed

I always thought that he must have blackmail photos of the owner. Imagine how good the Isles would be if some of his poor trades were reversed

He still has those photos, I guess. I said he "stepped down", but it's more accurate to say he stepped up, and is now in charge of all of the owner's sports properties. I wish I got a promotion for doing a brutal job (... or for surfing HabsWorld...).

Man, the Isles would be stacked. Chara, Spezza, Bertuzzi, Luongo, McCabe, Redden, Jokinen.

:o

So we will keep Bob as our head coach -looks good, Bob & Carbo behind the bench- maybe we could make Mike our new GM? Hahaha. Just kidding é. Hey Mike, Dagenais & a pick for DiPietro?

i'm sad... NOT!

i'm surprised the guy stayed as long as he did.

on TSN tv, they showed what the islanders would look like had the trades that milbury not taken place. it would have been an impressive team. i don't remember all of the players but just luongo still in nets is a huge step up from where they are. add to that chara and potentially spezza, among others, and you've got a team to beware of.

Chara, Spezza, Bertuzzi, Luongo, McCabe, Redden, Jokinen.

Bertuzzi-Spezza-Satan

Blake-Jokinen-Hunter

Nilsson-York-Parrish

Weinhandl-Muckalt-Czerkawski

Godard

Chara-Redden

McCabe-Zhitnik

Niinimaa-Sopel

Lukowich

Luongo

DiPietro

Snow

I did this by using the HW depth charts and folloqing trades by memory. This is the best team I can think of. Of course, it can't fit under the cap, but it's amazing.

Chara, Spezza, Bertuzzi, Luongo, McCabe, Redden, Jokinen.

Bertuzzi-Spezza-Satan

Blake-Jokinen-Hunter

Nilsson-York-Parrish

Weinhandl-Muckalt-Czerkawski

Godard

Chara-Redden

McCabe-Zhitnik

Niinimaa-Sopel

Lukowich

Luongo

DiPietro

Snow

I did this by using the HW depth charts and folloqing trades by memory. This is the best team I can think of. Of course, it can't fit under the cap, but it's amazing.

thanks for the precision, bth. it's appreciated

Parrish and DiPietro wouldn't be on there actually. Luongo and Jokinen were dealt for them. It was Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish, Kvasha and the 1st overall pick. And I would've rather picked Heatley with that pick instead of DiPietro. But Tommy Salo could've atleast been backup, he was only dealt for Mats Lindgren. Don't forget Kasparitis could still be on that defence too.

Are you sure about Parrish? I heard it was Kvasha and Radek Dvorak. The drafting doesn't count because you're not always sure how good the guy will become. It was stupid to pick DiPietro anyway.

Are you sure about Parrish? I heard it was Kvasha and Radek Dvorak. The drafting doesn't count because you're not always sure how good the guy will become. It was stupid to pick DiPietro anyway.

Well, the paper said it was Parrish. I'll just check one of my hockey record books here...Well, it says it was Parrish and Kvasha for Luongo and Jokinen but it doesn't mention the pick. :blink: