Game Thread | San Jose Vs. Montreal | 01/14/06

Spider-Man NL

On a more negative note, Komisarek looked very bad tonight.

The one negative tonight, was that Komisarek looked pretty bad. He seemed to have trouble reading and reacting. Hopefully they can fix him up and get him back on track.

Great minds think alike.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great minds think alike.

That is one guy no-one should get heavy on and you all know why........

HE WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!......he's young, and all the bullshit the habs are going through and games they losing are not because of him.

He just lost his mother......it's going to take a while before he is a 100%

easy fellow habs fourm GM's..................... which is the same as back seat drivers.

Will the real Habs please STAND up?

You know, I never understood how much a coaching change can really make a difference in a game so quickly with the exact squad playing from one night to the next. I hope that the shake down will make this just what the doctor ordered.

The real test will be on that major road trip. Here is hoping that they can get 4 of 6 in the win column! :king: :hlogo:

That is one guy no-one should get heavy on and you all know why........

HE WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!......he's young, and all the bullshit the habs are going through and games they losing are not because of him.

He just lost his mother......it's going to take a while before he is a 100%

easy fellow habs fourm GM's..................... which is the same as back seat drivers.

I didn't say to trade him, nor did i say that it is not understandable, I was just commenting on what i saw.

You know, I never understood how much a coaching change can really make a difference in a game so quickly with the exact squad playing from one night to the next. I hope that the shake down will make this just what the doctor ordered.

The real test will be on that major road trip. Here is hoping that they can get 4 of 6 in the win column! :king: :hlogo:

It's called being human. It just sucks because it's the habs and we love them. The world and hockey is a different place now.

The reason the habs became who they are was because they had hard working players.....now we have dreamers that put on the jersey on draft day or via trade and think the wins come just because of the history of the team.

It's getting to be a real drag...............Hopefully this new coaching staff can nurture the true winners on this team and get rid of the complacent overpaid scabs sooner then later.

I actually saw Bob smile. And He saw that it was good.

No-shit dude.......I called my wife in to see....the camera panned in and he whispered something to Carbo and was fighting back a smile so he didn't look like a goof on T.V or something....but hey he's human how else should he feel.........

That made me smile too.

I hope our boys can build on this Please Please please

I need some Bragging Amo against all my hurtin leaf fan friends.......

Probably because they know that the next change after the coach is the players, and they may not necessarily like where they'd end up, like in the minors or on a worse club. It always pisses me off as well when a team plays so much better after a new coach in in place. As a professional, there's supposed to be a certain amount of self-motivation needed to perform. You shouldn't have to rely on the coach to provide all of it on a nightly basis. There's too many guys on the team who played like they had no motivation at all.

Great minds think alike.

or........................

Edited by shortcat1

I actually saw Bob smile. And He saw that it was good.

Hmmmmmmmmm.... sounds like a Genesis quote (and not the rock band either). It was made by a way, way, way bigger guy than Gainey

Edited by shortcat1

Good start to the second half......our wingers are still having some trouble clearing the puck out of our zone along the boards.....our D played smart tonight.....Rivet and Higgins should have been stars before Kovy or Theo......the mere presence of both Gainey and Carbo made a difference in player's attitudes......but there is still a lot of learning to be done......we'll take it and move on.......Dallas on Monday

6 special team goals. Wow!

Markov: 2 goals, 2 assists

Higgins: 1 goal, 1 assist

Streit: 1 goal, 1 assist

Bulis: 1 goal, 1 assist

Ribeiro: 1 goal, 1 assist

Bonk: 2 assists

Kovalev: 2 assists

I think Bonk should have been a star over Theodore and Kovalev. Great game from him. I'm excited to see how the defensive pair help out our PK (2 shorthanders tonight).

Higgins's goal almost made me faint. Highlight of the Night, baby!

On a more negative note, Komisarek looked very bad tonight.

Yea, dunno why they've chosen Kovalev & Théo over guys like Bonk, Higgins or even Streit. Anyways, a win is a win and I don't really care who's getting the 3 stars.

I'm especially happy for Streit who finally got his first one. I always liked the signing of him and I still hope that he can stick with the team.

A great start! I hope the fact that the players will be the next one's shipped out will have a positive, motivating effect from now through a playoff run. Yes, i am getting ahead of myself its only been one game etc.

Also, to those who were questioning Bob's decsion to start Theodore, what else was he going to do? Leave his multi-million dollar goalie on the shelf until Theo's confidence was completely shot and he was as untradable as the Bulin Millstone around Tallon's neck in Chicago?

Remember what Bob's speech to Fans did to Brisebois? I hope that a fresh start under BG will do the same for Theo-- or at least get him playing well enough to trade.

Hello, Mike Keenan? This is Bob....

Good start under gainey, played harder for a longer period of time last night. The second and most of the third period used there speed. A few concerns that still need to be addressed. Lazy hooking penalties, i think the habs actually lead the league in that category. 5 on 5 they couldn't make much happen. I personally didn'y like Ryder with Kovy and Koivu, i did like Bulis at center.

I agree, habschris, Ryder is better with a cycling game, so he needs to be out there with maybe Bonk and Bulis, which might make a decent second line if Bonk can put a few good games together. Theo has to wonder if he's in a no win situation..if he finds his game, he might be easier to trade...or harder to trade? Only Gainey knows the answer to that one. Anyhow, who would be a better match for the first line? Maybe Kostitsyn or Perezoigen, perhaps? I can't help but think that Zednik is on his way out of Mtl, his play has been sub par, but other teams know what he can do. He didn't impress me last night, either. If the rumors about Chicago are true, he might be packaged with Ribs for Calder or Arneson, and a d-man.

I thought Ryder had more hussle last night than he usually does. Is he a fit with Koivu and Kovalev?

I think he should be. Kovalev loves to carry the puck and look for that needle pass. Ryder loves to stand in the slot and pound them in. Koivu if the awesome at filling the holes.

This line should produce.

I thought Ryder had more hussle last night than he usually does. Is he a fit with Koivu and Kovalev?

I think he should be. Kovalev loves to carry the puck and look for that needle pass. Ryder loves to stand in the slot and pound them in. Koivu if the awesome at filling the holes.

This line should produce.

I found that the only opportunities the line got were off the rush, and they didn't get any consistent pressure. I wouldn't mind seeing Kosty with Koivu and KOvalev since Zednik looks to be injured and have Ryder with Bonk and Bulis. Especially now that Bonk seems to be coming out of his shell.

Either way seems like there is an attitude change on the way and I like it

Some observations from last night's game:

THE GOOD

There definitely was an active effort at using team speed. Someone must have said *something* because you could see that they often were trying to headman the puck as quickly as they were able.

Our defencemen were jumping into the rush (which directly resulted in Markov's shorthanded goal.)

After the 1st period, our players definitely were more relaxed. They weren't making as many "nervous" mistakes.

THE BAD

Poor passing persists. It's very frustrating to see a great opportunity wasted because the pass is in the guy's skates, or completely beyond him. You're never going to completely eliminate bad passes, but we do it much too frequently. They need to work on this.

Markov's soft play. I hate to criticize this guy as he's obviously an enormous talent (and had a great game last night). But he has this habit of allowing the opposition to get to the puck first when he originally had the inside angle on the puck when the puck is heading to the boards in our defensive zone (a al Brisebois). This results in a 50-50 chance of gaining possession of the puck when we could have 1st possession. This is a needlessly soft play and the coaches have to stop it. He needs to accept that he could be banged into the boards, but hey, this is the NHL and he gets paid big bucks for playing in it.

Bulis has to be fined everytime he tries a braindead pass or an extra feint, when he's directly in the slot. (I call this "European player disease" and I think it comes from playing soccer, where they often try to pass instead of shooting.) When he's in the slot, he needs to shoot. He takes himself out of scoring opportunities more often than opposing defencemen!

- Jack