Owen Nolan

crazydoo

I'm not trying to say that Nolan is coming to Montreal, all I want to know is what is his status? Eklund talked a bit about all the teams that could be in the run (all 30 if you ask me). Why would he leave go somewhere else? Is he a free agent? Did he get in trouble with his team? Does he not fit with under the salary cap.

If he is available I say that we should consider him, he would bring character and a physical presence do the habs, he would also be great to help develop our young guys and he already played in Quebec before, he knows how to deal with it.

Thanks for your answers and comments

Last time I saw Nolan was on TSN on fishing show. He looks like he is enjoying life drinking beer and fishing. He is too old and has not played hockey at a competitive level in about 2 years, so I don’t want him here and I would believe Bob would have no use for an old slow player.

Last I heard he was still waiting for the settlement of his injury/contract dispute with the Laughs. Once that is settled--in the next month or so, I think-- he will be a free agent.

exactly. A rent a player for the rest of this year and bye bye after that. We unfortunately will not contend for the cup so we do not need him. However if he is willing to be paid 500,000 per year I would pick him up. Some how I think he thinks more like 3 or 4 million or more. If the rangers were still overpaying for every used to be player he would be perfect.

Nolan will probably sign with whomever appears to have the best shot at the Cup this year, and will sign for whatever allows the team to fit under the cap.

Exactly!