The Super Bowl Thread

Quebecois

Well the big game is all set, let's begin the two weeks of hype and expectations only to see a fairly lopsided game come February 5th.

Personally I can't see the Steelers losing this one, the AFC is a much better conference and they have beaten the top 3 seeds in that conference now. Detroit is going to be a sea of terrible towels come Super Sunday as well, with Pittsburgh being in fairly close proximity and the passionated Steeler fans coming out in full force, like they do even for preseason games.

Steelers win - not even going to be close. Their D is coming up big, regardless of the opposition (Bengals & the balanced attack, Colts & the air strike, Broncos & the running game), their O is unpredictable in that they can beat you with the pass - deep or short, the power run, the big play run, and their QB is safe.

I can't see the Seahawks getting more than a late touchdown in this one when the game is basically done.

Steelers 27 - Seahawks 10

Edited by revvvrob

Misnamed thread.

Should be the Stupor Bowl. After all, 99% of the games are over after the 1st quarter and the rest is just a waste of time.

And just to let you all know how much I love football... I didn't even realize it was still on until I went for supper at my parents last night and saw Pitt playing. And Pitt was always my team growing up. Them, the Fins (Marino) and Da Bears (Jim McMahon!! and Sweetness.) I'm a fan of the Bus now (if you can call a guy who hasn't watched a regular season game in about 5 years a fan).

So, I guess I'm going for the Steel. Plus, there's nothing I hate more than that guy who hassles people at the bank. I always get in line behind him and he just pisses me off. I think his name turns out to be Matt all the damn time.

Steel 104 - Seabirds 3

No kidding, Colin.

Aside from the last 2 minutes of the Colts/Steelers game, have any of these been exciting?

Last year had some actual memories, atleast for me. OT against the Chargers and Brien misses! Crap! So San Diego marches back into field goal range, Kaeding lines up (I'm hiding behind the couch at this point) and....my dad yells and says he missed! Yes! So of course, we march it back, line it up for Brien and he makes it.

And then of course, the infamous Steelers game. Any other kicker in the league and last years AFC Championship game would've been Jets vs Patriots.

And things don't even look good for the Jets right now. Herm's gone, his replacement is...lackluster. Donnie got fired for no apparent reason. I don't care if Mangini wants his own staff, he fired the wrong guy. Heimerdinger stays but Donnie gets fired? What?....Err, sorry for my rant. My team is pissing me off right now.

I'll be original and cheer for Seattle.

Seahawks 26 - Steelers 23

Like Colin, I don't know much about football but their regular season record and their win over the Colts looks enough to show that they're a great team. I guess I kind of like the Steelers but that guy with the crazy long hair scares me. I'm cheering for the Hawks by the way so I guess you'll get to make fun of me after the game.

• 2 weeks later...

bumperoo

thought this thread may be lost!

what? does NO ONE ELSE have an opinion about the Super Bowl?

Well 17 minutes left and looks like the book makers have made a correct decision in the spread 4 points to Pitts. The score is 14-10 Steelers I am hoping that the Steelers extend the lead (so is my wallet).

Anyone else think that the Big Ben touchdown run wasn't across the plain? I really think he came up inches short.

Not a bad game, was hoping for a bit closer of a finish but at least it wasn't a runaway. That Randle El pass to Hines Ward really put it away.

As for next year, GO VIKES!

I don't think it was a TD but his head and hands cover it so it really is inconclusive

Well put. It was impossible to see the ball right when it was possibly crossing the goaline. No way to tell where it was before he tucked it back in. Either way, all they would have needed on 4th down was an inch, they would have gotten in the endzone.

So - let's review ...

Quebecois, jetsniper, JMMR, & even COLIN!!! (and yours truly)

were CORRECT

while

BTH, mathieu30 & obviously Macaskill

were WRONG

:king:

Yay for Seahawks suckiness!

Anyone laugh at how they ended the 1st half and the end of the game?

The clock management was so bad that even McNabb could've told Hasselback that he was an idiot. I hate the Seahawks though so I'm biased. :P

I sooo hate to talk about football... but... I gotta confess. I've been a 49ers fan since 85 up until 96 when they started to fade. The Cowboys-49ers rivalry of the mid-90's is better than anything I've seen in the Super Bowl ever since.

I watched bits of the game last night and wow, what a yawner.