Ovechkin Higlight Film

JMMR

I followed your advice. That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. And he's only a rookie. He reminds me of a mini-Kovalchuk but he has more grit and more stickhandling whereas his slapshot is very hard but not Kovalchukesque yet.

Ovechkin vs Malkin

And these guys plays together on Team Russia!

He says that his goal is to be a mix of Kovalchuk and Datsyuk. The moment I saw him I thought of Kovalchuk but after seeing this tape, I can see a bit of Datsyuk in him. I never noticed how good a stickhandler he is. He seems to have mastered the through-the-legs and the around-the-d-man's-body moves.

• 3 weeks later...

Makes you dream.....

pick 2 out of Locke, Chipchura,Kostitsyn,Latendresse....Futures

pick 2 out of Higgins,Bulis, Perezhogin,Plekanec...Ripe

pick 1 out of Ribs, Bonk,Koivu

pick 1 out of Theo Danis Huet Price

this years 1st rounder

Even trade

We have enough young guys now,

we can spare a bunch, right?

For a young superstar I'd say yes

Ovechkin is the complete offensive package. Does it all.

Sid the Kid Crosby may be a more complete all-around player but whom is the more fun to watch? I'd say Ovechkin.

Next year Malkin will be around and I hope that this trio will take hockey to the next level. This milleniums Lemieux-Gretzky.

Next year Malkin will be around and I hope that this trio will take hockey to the next level. This milleniums Lemieux-Gretzky.

that's a big statement

maybe more a lemieux- francis or a fedorov-yzerman type of duo

that's a big statement

maybe more a lemieux- francis or a fedorov-yzerman type of duo

I dont think he meant Crosby-Malkin on the same team, I think he meant Crosby-Ovechkin for the entire league. In that case, I'd say yes, both look like this era's Gretzky & Mario.

Watching Ovechkin does reminds me a little of Mario's best days, the way he can use a long reach to go around defenders only with stick work and with an unreal instinct for finding openings.

I meant for the whole leauge. It's almost a bad thing that Malkin will be on the same team as Crosby.

And Dion Phaneuf could be the best defenceman since Börje Salming... I don't dare to go as far as saying he's the next Orr, but the tought has crossed my mind...

I meant for the whole leauge. It's almost a bad thing that Malkin will be on the same team as Crosby.

And Dion Phaneuf could be the best defenceman since Börje Salming... I don't dare to go as far as saying he's the next Orr, but the tought has crossed my mind...

"best defenceman since Börje Salming."

???

Ever heard of Fetisov, Robinson, Potvin, Bourque, Coffey, Chelios, Leetch, MacInnis, Lidstrom, etc?

Edited by KoZed

Börje Salming is my hero. Vladimir Kostantinov is second.

But I should have placed those 3 dots on the other side of his name.

And Dion Phaneuf could be the best defenceman since... Börje Salming!

Anyway I don't wants to compare Phaneuf with Salming as they are very different. But I haven't seen a rookie defenceman as good as Phaneuf in my lifetime.