Blues Recall Lalime

johnnyhasbeen

I knew this one was coming, after all the other salary dumps. The question is, will anyone take a chance on him for even half his salary? :king:

Title should be Recall but I can seem to figure out how tp edit title.

mod edit: there ya go

Edited by simonus

I think the Canadiens should pick him up if they expect to trade Theo. He could do the job until the end of the season if Theo ends up leaving. Lalime could also become a trade bait as the weeks go by and could be offered as part of a package. It might also whip Theo into shape.

I somewhat agree- if you can get him at 1/2 salary then why not pick him up. Of course that would mean that the Habs would expect to NOT make the post season. I seriously think that Theo would respond like Patty Roy if we did that though and that's not the terms we want advertised around the league

Pat Lalime could be a good pickup even if the Habs have no intention trading Jose Theodore.

Competition is good and Theo is slumbering. I don't think he feels that Huet could replace him as the starter. But Lalime could.

But before I say I would like this to happen, could someone tell what the status of Lalime's contract is?

Pat Lalime could be a good pickup even if the Habs have no intention trading Jose Theodore.

Competition is good and Theo is slumbering. I don't think he feels that Huet could replace him as the starter. But Lalime could.

But before I say I would like this to happen, could someone tell what the status of Lalime's contract is?

I agree if Theo gets his form back! Theo could be in a Lalime situation himself right now (2003-4)! but if he's not and with Lalime 50% = 1.22 mil not too bad on cap space ... What do we do with Huet and Danis? Huet cant be sent down without losing him in waivers he could only be traded ... and assuming that Lalime's frequent Mental freezing lapsus can be cured with melanson's training!

tempting specially if we consider that if Lalime still wants to be in the NHL he will be doing his best to prove so

I say we pick him up and trade him immediately if no one else under us has!

PS. we could even strike a deal with the Blues to pick him up and trade him back to them with Ribeiro Zednick and even Bonk attached

lol

this guy couldnt cut it on the crappiest team in the league... why oh why would we want him? I'd rather run a huet/danis tandem than give starts to lalime.

Exactly. Must be because he had a shutout in the minors. ;)

And he's a proven playoff no-show to boot. Sign him up - great idea!

I disn't see the blues improve much when he was sent down!

His stats are crap, but this guy bounced back a few times in his career remember from Pittsburg to Ottawa. I also added if they thought about trading Theo. Another thought: the Blues waived him to clear salary, not because he couldn't be back up. Finally I believe that a duo Lalime/Theo is better than Theo Huet or Huet/Danis or Theo/Danis. For 1 million, I believe we'd have one of the best backup. I also think that Theo would play, therefore we can trade him.

P.S. how many years to Lalime' contract?

In the last sentence I meant to say Theo would play better

If you think Lalime is the answer or even part of the answer to the Canadiens woes then we must watch different games.

Lalime had a great team in front of him in Ottawa and could not get by the leafs on countless occasions. Theo would feel as much of a threat from him as he currently does from Huet, who don’t forget the Habs faithful have chanted his name on a few occasions.

Bob will not pick him up no way no how.

I also remember the Fans chanting Theo Theo, so what

I'm sorry, but looking at Huet's career and Lalime's career, i would feel a lot more vulnerable if I was Theo with Lalime as a backup.

I still think that it would give us options and for very cheap.

We already have one of the better back-ups in the league! Lalime is the worst starter in the league. Bottom five for sure. This would be a stupid move. It would send Huet down to the minors and make Danis a back-up. This guy needs icetime. Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.

Sorry guys but my wife, the knowledgeable Sens fan is laughing her ass off at this. This guy chokes so badly in pressure games he makes Cujo the Almost Made It look like an ice cube. Serios sieve problems here. Great reg season goalie though.

My opinion

Get him, let him play the reg season, like Cujo he can be great at this, then bring Theo in in the playoffs.

Or better yet, stay away all together

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

tacticaly speaking

if the Blues truely want him bacK which I think they dont then a deal could be made... BG calling his homologue for a deal involving more players then YES and HOW tell me why not??

you guys jump the gun too quickly... Dont be so short sighted jeeeeessshhhhh

:king:

go habs goo!!

I can definitely see some team in the northwest division not named Minnesota taking him. Hopefully Vancouver.