3 Way Deal Rumor?

gohabsgo252006

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a stretch, but maybe a team like Edm or Van has been asking questions about Boston's goaltender, it would secure yet another deal...................Like I said it's a stretch

I don't care who trades for who, but please have something happen, beside the Thornton and Weight trades, not much has happened this season, this new CBA really makes GMs think twice before going for a deal. When it gets going it will be an Avalanche of trades.

Why would Columbus and Colorado want to dump goalies who have been on fire as of late?

This entire thread is stupid, go look elsewhere to dump Theo. We don't want him.

And Colorado isn't looking for a goalie anyway. Stop thinking we are.

It's a stretch, but maybe a team like Edm or Van has been asking questions about Boston's goaltender, it would secure yet another deal...................Like I said it's a stretch

I don't care who trades for who, but please have something happen, beside the Thornton and Weight trades, not much has happened this season, this new CBA really makes GMs think twice before going for a deal. When it gets going it will be an Avalanche of trades.

I disagree, I think hockey is going to turn into football and basketball where there are hardly ever any trades. I truly believe that Montreal will not be a part of any of those deals. If they do make one, it'll be closer to the deadline, and only if there out of the playoff race.

I disagree, I think hockey is going to turn into football and basketball where there are hardly ever any trades. I truly believe that Montreal will not be a part of any of those deals. If they do make one, it'll be closer to the deadline, and only if there out of the playoff race.

I don't think so, GMs with Cap space will be willing to take the good expensive players from the bottom teams that want to unload. The question is simply to know when you should start loading/unloading salaries.

How do we do the quote thing?

I don't think so, GMs with Cap space will be willing to take the good expensive players from the bottom teams that want to unload. The question is simply to know when you should start loading/unloading salaries.

How do we do the quote thing?

Theres a couple ways but I just click "Reply" at the bottom of a persons post.

Why would Columbus and Colorado want to dump goalies who have been on fire as of late?

This entire thread is stupid, go look elsewhere to dump Theo. We don't want him.

LOL

That is like the city of Toronto shipping their garbage to Michigan.

I wouldn't mind the suggested deal. Denis is good and so are Lappy. But I don't think that the interest in Theodore is that high right now.

Theodore is having a tough time and the only way out is working. A change of scenery could do the trick but Montreal would not get the same amount of talent back if they decide to trade Jose. Therefore it will be best for the Habs to work trough this mess. In the meantime Huet and Danis should play a lot more and play Theo versus other teams whom are in slump.

Anyway, there's a press conference. I hope for a trade but I don't think Jose Theodore is involved.

When is that Press conference and where can I read about it?

When is that Press conference and where can I read about it?

By the way; Cyberpresse removed it from their website, I guess it proves that it was just a joke.

Hope other medias talk about it a lot, LaPresse's credibility deserves to go down.

I don't want this to sound like a prick comment, but you aren't Pierre Lacroix, so you can't say what you are saying about how "you don't want him". PL could see major potential in him and he may be willing to take the risk. It is worth the risk because when Theo is on his game he can be top 3 goalies in the league.

Aebisher is a joke compared to Theo so you guys could use him, and I think that a change of scenery to get away from all of the crap in Montreal about him sucking would set him straight.

It is a fair deal.

Edited by habsfan88

Then please explain to me why there isn't a single Avs fan happy with this rumour?

Pierre has been known to pull off some stupid trades (Drury trade and Morris trade come to mind) but this is awful. Our MVP of the season along with another high energy player to go after David's job? Especially when David just set some franchise records for January. The same franchise Patrick Roy played with for 8 seasons. Obviously it's a fair deal to you but you have to have been keeping track of the Avs all year and look at it from that point of view. It doesn't improve us, it keeps us the same. I hate to sound like I'm whining about it but I really, really don't like this deal at all. I don't see the thinking behind it for us whatsoever.

Press conference does indeed mean something.

Gainey has something important to say, it may be a trade, it may be an apology, it may be to tell the fans to quit shitting on Theo.

Here we go!

I have a crazy feeling Gainey is going to declare Owen Nolan a habs for the rest of the year.........Not sure what to think of that. ....at this point he could only help.

Why is it that when the mere whiff of a trade rumour, we start running it like it is gospel? It's the internet man! Come on!

Which do you think it right, the weatherman or your own window? <_<

Why is it that when the mere whiff of a trade rumour, we start running it like it is gospel? It's the internet man! Come on!

Which do you think it right, the weatherman or your own window? <_<

What's wrong with talking about a rumor, I'm fed up of all the people that just complain people saying if they would like a deal to hapen or not. As far as I know a forum is made for discussion, If you don't like the subject or the way a thread develop, why the F do you reply to it?

If I want to say that it would be logic for Theodore to be traded for Luongo & Jokinen, what's wrong with that? People can say they agree, disagree, reliable or not, they can. Replying to say that people should just not talk about it is stupid. Just don't reply.

That's hilarious that Theodore is up on ebay. :P

Anyways, I think that this trade is good for Montreal and good for Columbus and a risk for Colorado. Many teams and GMs would like to have Theodore. Phil Esposito (who is applying as either the new Isles GM or coach [i forgot which]) said on OTR last night that if he was a GM he would definitely go after Theodore. He follows the theory that Theodore is a superstar who needs a change of scenery. I can see a team giving up Laperriere, Hinote and Fritsche for Theodore. But it does seem like too much for Colorado. If Theodore was consistently at his best than he's more than worth that but the obvious reality is that he isn't and trading anything of value for him is a gamble. But I guess if you're not living life on the edge than you're taking up too much space. Since it was confirmed that it was a joke, I can only wait for the Press Conference (unless that was a joke too).

jetsniper: I can totaly understand your point of view as a Avs fan, and its greatly appreciated to have a different perspective on this whole rumor.

BUT... The rumors about Theodore and Colorado have been going around for so long, something must be going on there. There's no smoke without fire. Pierre Lacroix always keeps an eye on what happens in Montreal. It goes way back to when he was the Nordiques' GM and it kept on in Colorado. He scooped up Roy as soon as he had a chance. Again it was written in Le Soleil this morning that Lacroix was still interested in Theodore.

So while it can be agreed that this rumor is false, it doesn't negate the high likeliness of Theodore being shipped to Colorado IF Theodore is traded.

Right now I think the main obstacle to a trade is Gainey. He's not the type to pull the trigger for nothing, or to pull the trigger when everyone expects it. He's from the old guard, from the old Habs mentality that a team was a family and you solved your problems from within first, then looked elsewhere for solutions.

Too bad if that rumor isnt true, but I'd still expect something to happen sooner or later, and I still think Colorado will be in the picture somewhere. They are the front-runner for Theo, I'm pretty sure about that.

I don't think the Avalanche would trade for Theo only to have Theo, Aebi, Budaj, and to lesser degree Kolesnik. Plus, giving up Fritsche (good minor leaguer) and two valuable grit guys for a goalie who has done nothing since a sham vezina/hart win a few years ago. (Gretzky's politics and Roy not wanting to try-out for a team.) I don't see Lacroix doing that because it doesn't solve any problems or improve the avalanche. Besides, Awbischer has the avalanche team record for wins in the month of January with 9. Roy held it before with 8 in 2001 (I think.) But no, it doesn't make sense for the avalanche.

Yeah Koz, I'm just getting tired of the Theo rumours. I haven't seen one rumor yet where we improve in the deal. I was hoping we could ship Hejduk out too to maybe get a scorer or something along with Theo to make it somewhat worthwhile but now hes out indefinitely. Theres still the gap Kono has left to fill and now we have to go look at the possibility of filling in the hole that Vaananen's injury has left. Like Mils said, Aebischer has been playing really well in 2006 so I don't see the reasoning behind getting another goalie. Maybe someone like Roloson to replace Budaj but not a Theodore-type guy. Theres bigger issues with the Avalanche other then goaltending. Budaj and Kolesnik have both shown potential to become an NHL starter as well.

I'm just hoping Gainey deals with Theo soon so I can atleast stop worrying about it. And if Lappy goes anywhere....well, you'll know I'll be pissed.