The Final Line-up ?

PB

Because of injuries, healthy scratches or the team's substandard performances, the team

asn't really had a steady configuration of lines for very long this year.

Yesterday's team's cohesion and balance made me think that this could well be a line-up

that gainey will hold on to until the break......and probably longuer after.

Hinggis, Koivu, Ryder

Perezhogin, Ribeiro, Kovalev

Bulis, Plekanec, Zednick

Dowde, Bonk, Begin

Ribeiro's line used as such during PP was excellent while Koivu's line might have benefited

from switching Plek-Higgins for the PP time.

It will be interesting to see how it will play itself-out against Buffalo and the remaining games

but I am pretty shure Sundstrom, which have been the healthy scrath in the last two game

will remain so for at least that streak.

If it were Julien, I would say no way, he shuffled the lines more than Vigneault. Hopefully Bob sticks with what works, and what's out there now works.

I am glad Perezhogin is back, during the preseason many of us figured him as a shoe-in for the team but he ended up in Hamilton somehow. Makes sense to have him on a line with Kovalev, who will naturally play the big brother role to his countryman -- helps Perez and inspires Kovy as well.

I too, love these lines. Hope he sticks with them. It's both an all-offense, and almost all-defensive line up... :D. Ribs/Kovy/Perez (in my mind) is the only liability line.

I would like to see Plex center the second line. Ribs did not play bad but he can't hang on to the puck at all. If he goes into the corner, the puck is gone.

Koivu's line is incredible out there.

He's probably too young to center that line, unless you change offensive roles. I think that's what Gainey has in mind there. He's looking to Kovalev to carry the puck and distribute it as opposed to the center Ribeiro. Ribeiro is supposed to find the open ice, and he's probably more of a shooter than a set-up man anyway.

You know, Ribeiro, like Bonk, has looked better since Gainey started coaching. And I think the Kovy/Ribs/Zhogy line is the looking actually half-decent as a 2nd line - something the Habs have not had all season. So ease up on Ribs for now, hopefull the line will stick and he can raise his trade value.

You know, Ribeiro, like Bonk, has looked better since Gainey started coaching. And I think the Kovy/Ribs/Zhogy line is the looking actually half-decent as a 2nd line - something the Habs have not had all season. So ease up on Ribs for now, hopefull the line will stick and he can raise his trade value.

I actually think Ribs looked best when he was playing with Downey and Ivanans. Ribs is working but he needs big strong linemates.

Plekanec seems to be the only answer.

He's probably too young to center that line, unless you change offensive roles. I think that's what Gainey has in mind there. He's looking to Kovalev to carry the puck and distribute it as opposed to the center Ribeiro. Ribeiro is supposed to find the open ice, and he's probably more of a shooter than a set-up man anyway.

Ribeiro more of a shooter????

I think Ribs is just getting back to the routine of playing top minutes with top linemates. Look for him to break out the next few games...if he's ever going to get it going.

1) Plekanec has found some chemistry with compatriot Bulis so it might be a good idea to keep them together instead of omving Pleky up to the second line.

2) A big reason why Perezhogin needs Kovalev is because Zhog hardly speaks any English so having some to communicate with on the ice is a huge advantage to him.

IMO, sunny's gone. I'D like to see a bigger winger along plekanec and bulis. I'm dreaming aliitle but i'd love to see a martin lapointe or a laperriere. some who'll get the puck in the corner and would give good body checks

Agree with Mar and Komi that this should have had taken place long before the start

of the season but for now, as long as Sundstrom is not on the ice and that Zednick is not used

on the PP but keep up the intensity level on his regular shift.......the third line actually looks very

good. Now that the line-up is based on true actual value and no longer on distorted

expectations the team might have a good chance to behave at a much higher level

than what we have seen so far..........like in their last game.

Because of injuries, healthy scratches or the team's substandard performances, the team

asn't really had a steady configuration of lines for very long this year.

Yesterday's team's cohesion and balance made me think that this could well be a line-up

that gainey will hold on to until the break......and probably longuer after.

Hinggis, Koivu, Ryder

Bulis, Plekanec, Zednick

Dowde, Bonk, Begin

Ribeiro's line used as such during PP was excellent while Koivu's line might have benefited

from switching Plek-Higgins for the PP time.

It will be interesting to see how it will play itself-out against Buffalo and the remaining games

but I am pretty shure Sundstrom, which have been the healthy scrath in the last two game

will remain so for at least that streak.

The line up card for Sunday's game shown by RDS went this way:

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Zednick Ribiero Kovalez

Bulis Plekanec Perezhogin

Begin Bonk Downey

The Habs truth is that We dont have a First line and I'm fine with that I preffer Having TWO effective Second lines than One top line constantly over checked and rendered ineffective and a second Line lost in space!!!

Higgins, Koivu, Ryder

and I'm all for dressing 7 Dmen! when an enforcer is not needed ie: Downey replaced by Dandy... look at the ice time of the D against the Flyers all close to or above 20 min IDEAL but not always obtainable we only have ( I think) Bouillon and Markov that can handle that amount without running out of gas!