Kozlov A Good Fit?

Makh2o

I know it's highly unlikely due to the fact that we're in a race with them for the playoff, but Spector is suggesting that Victor Kozloz of the Devils (6'5, right handed center), is potentially being shopped. We all know that Montreal needs a right handed centerman, as well as some size up the middle on one of our top lines.

What would you give in return for Kozlov, and what do you think NJ would expect in return?

MTL: Zednik, Ribs, 4th rd pk

NJD: Kozlov

too much? too little?

I wouldn't mind a guy like Kozlov, but he is inconsistent. He is very skilled and WHEN he is playing he CAN be dominant, with his combination of strength and skill. That being said, he doesn't always come ready to play.

I think that Zed and a pick would be sufficient to get him, but what the hell do i know. I do think that Ribs Zed and a pick is overpaying, especially the way RIbs has been playing of late.

I wouldn't mind a guy like Kozlov, but he is inconsistent. He is very skilled and WHEN he is playing he CAN be dominant, with his combination of strength and skill. That being said, he doesn't always come ready to play.

I think that Zed and a pick would be sufficient to get him, but what the hell do i know. I do think that Ribs Zed and a pick is overpaying, especially the way RIbs has been playing of late.

We definitely do not need another soft Euro centre. ER...unless they will take Bonk in return.

Maybe playing on a line with Kovalev, another Russian who loves to win and isn't affraid to call people out, would help with him showing up every night?

Depending on the price, I'd take a chance on him.

I know it's highly unlikely due to the fact that we're in a race with them for the playoff, but Spector is suggesting that Victor Kozloz of the Devils (6'5, right handed center), is potentially being shopped. We all know that Montreal needs a right handed centerman, as well as some size up the middle on one of our top lines.

This is written by a real optimist.

Maybe playing on a line with Kovalev, another Russian who loves to win and isn't affraid to call people out, would help with him showing up every night?

Depending on the price, I'd take a chance on him.

Well Kovy himself is a pretty inconsistent player... hes known not to show up every game, and hes pretty much a puck hog... so what good would Kozlov do with him on the same line?

Well Kovy himself is a pretty inconsistent player... hes known not to show up every game, and hes pretty much a puck hog... so what good would Kozlov do with him on the same line?

I'd take him if we could convert him to an average right defenceman to replace Dandenault. We need help on defence.... :blink:

I'd take him if we could convert him to an average right defenceman to replace Dandenault. We need help on defence.... :blink:

Agreed for the need help at D, but let's admit that Komi as been playing great lately. Best that I've seen from him this year...probably ever. He looks like he as confidence out there. Him and Markov make a very good pair, one that I could enjoy for years to come :D

Now all we need is to bring in one great D that plays 25 min/game. get rid of Souray (2.5M that can be used to get a good D) and play Rivet with that new D and we would have 2 great pairs.

Bouillon and Dandenault would be an adequate reliable 3rd pair that would play 15min/game.

• 1 month later...
Yeah I think your right on the money, he is to old <_<

It was brought up, cause they referred to my comment that we'd be competing with them for a playoff spot as being really optimistic....but now we are neck and neck with them.....

nothing serious intended....I just remembered the conversation when I saw the standings this morning.... Nothing to do with Kozlov himself...

I think I would like having Kozlov. Though I think Plekanec could end up as our #2 center of the future, he would be great. He's got loads of skill, size and an amazing shot. Ad all that up and you've got a guy who dominates shootouts. He's actually kind of like Dagenais but with more skill. A 1-year deal would be nice just to see if he'd bring it every night and if he throws around his size.

A real optimist? Care to restate? :)

GO HABS GO!

Okay, I withdraw my snide comment. Quite happily. I will point out though that we are still not in a playoff race with the Devils. Maybe in a race for 6th but not for the playoffs.

Edited by Peter Puck