Game Thread | Atlanta Vs. Montreal | 02/11/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly Markov's return and the consistency of Huet has aided. Huet challenges shooters more than Theo, I have noticed more shots from opponents have simply missed the net.

I think Gainey & Carbo have to take a lion's share of the credit. They had been juggling lines and personnel looking for the right mix for a few weeks now. I like the balance they have created in the 4 lines. Zednick to the 3rd line and Bonk to the 4th seems to be a good move.

In addition we have seen the defence step into the play slowly but surely and this also creates confusion for opponents. We are a little less predictable than earlier in the year.

The forecheck has become more agressive also, I am not sure if this is an applied strategy or as a result of the increased balance of speed and skill over the 4 lines.

The lines also seem to be spending less time on the ice which, I presume, allows them to forecheck more aggressively.

Whatever it is our chances and shots on net have increased substantially over the last 4 or 5 games.

I agree completely with your assessment, the other thing i've noticed, and should be credited to Gainey and especially Carbo is the number of blocked shots. The guys are getting in the lanes at every opportunity.

This started happening a lot after one of the road games, i remember Carbo was hired and he walked over to BG and said, we're never going to win unless those shots get blocked after a goal was scored against.

I hope Koivu has a monster game tonight, hopefully he's feeling much better than the other night when he was puking alot.

I hate to sound cliche, but this game is HUGE! But if we keep playing the way we have been, set up our DEFENSIVE ZONE faceoffs (so they don't score with seconds left in a period...), we should do fine and come out of this with two very important points. GO HABS GO!

:ghg:

I wonder how sunny feels about being out of the line up again.

Hopefully this will push him harder in practice to earn a spot and for the rest of the forwards to do the same to ensure they keep their spot.

Isles beat Jersey in regulation. If we win tonight, we'll be five points back with two games in hand.

And it begins!

:ghg:

Oh yeah, Jagr again, 3-0 Rag$

Ribeiro won the opening faceoff. Wait, did I just say he won a faceoff?! *checks again* Damn!