Game Thread | Atlanta Vs. Montreal | 02/11/06

Spider-Man NL

thrashers_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

atlanta50.gif25-26-6 : 56 Points (11th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif26-22-7 : 59 Points (9th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2893.gif# 32 Kari Lehtonen (8-9-0), 2.97 GAAatlanta50.gif

montreal50.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (6-5-2), 2.47 GAA 2311.gif

Thrashers Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Plekanec - Sundstrom

Downey - Bonk - Begin

d.jpg

Souray - Dandenault

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Komisarek

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 12th, 2005:montreal50.gif2 atlanta50.gif0

Nov. 21st, 2005:atlanta50.gif2 montreal50.gif3 SO

Dec. 26th, 2005:montreal50.gif0 atlanta50.gif4

chc-soiree-photos_en175.jpg

106145-37877.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm Eastern on

logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my ticket for that one :P

I,M sure we'll an exciting game.

montreal will win this one 5-3.

look out for perezhogin-ribeiro-kovalev trio...they'll rock them :ghg:

Look out for Lehtonen he made plenty of amazing saves last night against the sens. To score on him the Canadiens should try to shoot cross body on him making him stretch. He will make many first stops and he challenges heavily.

and give our 110% in the corners, follow the game plan and we'll win the cliché contest !!!

Edited by marky_and_komi

I am still wondering what it was exactly that turned this team around, but if the team keeps this up and Theo gets his game on we could be in for a good run. Add a key man at trade deadline....

Go Habs Go

This is a key game because the Leafs lost, the broons are close and the Thrashers not far behind.

We need this game GHG :hockey: :hlogo: :hockey:

"It's a desperate game for both sides. Both teams want to go into the Olympic break with a win under their belts."

-Craig Rivet

A win would be nice. A Kmsrk goal would be great!

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I am still wondering what it was exactly that turned this team around, but if the team keeps this up and Theo gets his game on we could be in for a good run. Add a key man at trade deadline....

Go Habs Go

Certainly Markov's return and the consistency of Huet has aided. Huet challenges shooters more than Theo, I have noticed more shots from opponents have simply missed the net.

I think Gainey & Carbo have to take a lion's share of the credit. They had been juggling lines and personnel looking for the right mix for a few weeks now. I like the balance they have created in the 4 lines. Zednick to the 3rd line and Bonk to the 4th seems to be a good move.

In addition we have seen the defence step into the play slowly but surely and this also creates confusion for opponents. We are a little less predictable than earlier in the year.

The forecheck has become more agressive also, I am not sure if this is an applied strategy or as a result of the increased balance of speed and skill over the 4 lines.

The lines also seem to be spending less time on the ice which, I presume, allows them to forecheck more aggressively.

Whatever it is our chances and shots on net have increased substantially over the last 4 or 5 games.

Yes, credit to BG and Carbo for finding a good line combo.

I think splitting up Saku and Kovy really helped. Our opponents need to worry about shutting down two lines now instead of one.

I hope Ribs has found his niche, feeding Kovalev.

I agree PMK, that was smart by splitting up Kovalev and Koivu.

I really hope Perezhogin gets a goal tonight. He's had so many chances since his return from the minors and definetly deserves a goal.

now that koivu's contract woes are over, I expect nothing but an inspired effort like he used to give us. it would be nice to see him score a goal just to hear is name on the PA and hear the crowd's reaction.