Trade Talk

umpalumpa55

Ok, so we know who would be our main trade bait to begin with, the likes of Zednik, Sundstrom, Ribiero, and possibly someone like dandenault or souray, although no player is untradable. So who would we be looking to pick up. Ive looked through all the teams that are struggling, or need a change and I came up with this list of a few players that i think would fit well with the habs:

Forwards:

Mark Recci- who wouldnt love to see him back in a habs jersey, not to mention our need for a big boy who can score

John Leclair- same deal as Recci just less value

Oleg Kvasha- giant russian with decent offense who could possibly complete the russian line of kovalev and perezhogin if he gets some confidence, but would probably be on third line

Defence:

Andrei Zyuzin: not playing to well right now but he is a solid D-man who might play up to his potential in CH

Brendan Whitt: could bring some size to our corps and veteran leadership for the playoffs

Sergei Gonchar: anyone would be crazy not to want him on their team, may be a little defensive liability, but would make up for that with solid PP performance

Eric Brewer: we all know he has the potential to be a top pairing defenceman

so, if i were bob, i would go out on a limb and do something like this:

Pitsburgh:

Recci

Leclair

Gonchar

Montreal:

Ribeiro

Zednik

Kostitsyn

Souray

And i am well aware that this is a far fetched blockbuster trade that will most likely not happen for all u bitches who want to bash my thoughts! (fun to speculate tho)

then the lines would be

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Recci Plekanec Ryder

Leclair Bonk Bulis

Higgins Begin Sundstrom

Markov Gonchar

Rivet Boullion

komisarek/streit Dandenault

I love to think....what if :D

Edited by umpalumpa55

Ok, so we know who would be our main trade bait to begin with, the likes of Zednik, Sundstrom, Ribiero, and possibly someone like dandenault or souray, although no player is untradable. So who would we be looking to pick up. Ive looked through all the teams that are struggling, or need a change and I came up with this list of a few players that i think would fit well with the habs:

Forwards:

Mark Recci- who wouldnt love to see him back in a habs jersey, not to mention our need for a big boy who can score

Oleg Kvasha- giant russian with decent offense who could possibly complete the russian line of kovalev and perezhogin if he gets some confidence, but would probably be on third line

Defence:

Andrei Zyuzin: not playing to well right now but he is a solid D-man who might play up to his potential in CH

Brendan Whitt: could bring some size to our corps and veteran leadership for the playoffs

Sergei Gonchar: anyone would be crazy not to want him on their team, may be a little defensive liability, but would make up for that with solid PP performance

Pitsburgh:

Recci

Leclair

Gonchar

Montreal:

Ribeiro

Zednik

Kostitsyn

Souray

And i am well aware that this is a far fetched blockbuster trade that will most likely not happen for all u bitches who want to bash my thoughts! (fun to speculate tho)

then the lines would be

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Recci Plekanec Ryder

Leclair Bonk Bulis

Higgins Begin Sundstrom

Markov Gonchar

Rivet Boullion

Leclair is old slow and pretty much useless in the new NHL

Recchi is 35 years old or so, and is only scoring as much cause of Crosby

Gonchar is set to make 5MM per season for the next few years....

and for this you want to give up on Kostitsyn?

I don't think so!

That was a joke right, Recchi, leclair, Gonchar. They are totally washed up and way overpayed. That is just what this team needs is more washed up veterans who can't play. How is this an upgrade to the habs current roster? The only player you mentioned worth anything is Witt.

In reality i would expect the habs to take a run at Bell, Calder and a D man to help them out.

The players possibly leaving will be some combination of zednick, sundstrom, ribiero, souray.

I'm still wondering about Theodore.

1) With Koivu getting signed for what he did.

2) Huet saying he wants to be the starter and Gainey being the one to leak it.

3) Theodore in general.

These elements combined make me wonder. Yes, Bob said Theo is supported and no trade will occur. Still, I wonder.

We'll see.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

The only team in need of a goalie this year is edmonton. They are in the playoffs and struggling in net. Does Edmonton have the cap space is the question. There are other cheaper goalies out there if edmonton needs a goalie, Joseph and fernandez to name a few.

since gainey's looking for a right handed centerman, a trade with edmonton would be possible if they toss peca in the mix. peca could be a perfect third line center.

I looked around to see what other right handed center man montreal could land

jason arnott

stu barnes

conroy

shawn bates

jeff halpern

robert land

mike peca

scatchard

stumple

york

mike johnson

travis green

hrdina.....and jim dowd !!

Id' love to see peca or scatchard...maybe halpern if the price'S not to high

I'm still wondering about Theodore.

1) With Koivu getting signed for what he did.

2) Huet saying he wants to be the starter and Gainey being the one to leak it.

3) Theodore in general.

These elements combined make me wonder. Yes, Bob said Theo is supported and no trade will occur. Still, I wonder.

We'll see.

Koivu's signing might be indicative of what might happen with some other players, but maybe not.

I wouldn't make a big deal about Gainey's Huet-starter comment. Of course, after his recent performance knowing that he can play at this level and with the growing popularity (albeit, artificial) from the fans, Huet is starting to believe he can be the starter. Gainey wasn't leaking anything, he was stating the obvious.

I don't think Gainey is ready to trade Theo. For one, there is no market right now. For two, his position will be strengthened if Theo performs decently post-Olympics and one of Coutiers, Aebisher, or another goalie chokes immensely in the playoffs..

There's no point in paniking to a trade when Huet is buying time.

Make the major decisions in the off-season.

Forwards:

Defence:

Pitsburgh:

Recci

Leclair

Gonchar

Montreal:

Ribeiro

Zednik

Kostitsyn

Souray

then the lines would be

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Recci Plekanec Ryder

Leclair Bonk Bulis

Higgins Begin Sundstrom

Markov Gonchar

Rivet Boullion

Wow...what a load of shit...glad your not GM...thats just for the bitch comment...lol

Pitsburgh:

Recci

Leclair

Gonchar

Montreal:

Ribeiro

Zednik

Kostitsyn

Souray

we would be taking on an extra 2 million in salary for 3 players who's best years are behind them. In LeClairs case,really far behind.

for 4 guys who still have alot of hockey left in them.

Especially Kostitsyn who is one of our best young players. The kid is gonna be great.

If Bob did that he would be taken in for a psychological evaluation.

The Pen would be lucky to get a 6th rd pick for leclair at this stage of his career.

Recchi is a minus 30

Gonchar is still good but not good enough to sell the farm for

Pitsburgh:

Recci

Leclair

Gonchar

Montreal:

Ribeiro

Zednik

Kostitsyn

Souray

then the lines would be

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Recci Plekanec Ryder

Leclair Bonk Bulis

Higgins Begin Sundstrom

Markov Gonchar

Rivet Boullion

That's quite a limb for sure umpa.

Why older penguins players and not young guys??

They didn't work out for the pens why would they work in Montreal?

Nhl.com wrote about the finland game..........

I know a lot of people don't like Selanne but give Koivu a country man to play with and boom out go the lights

NHL.com

"Selanne netted his first just 5:21 later off a perfect, no-look pass from Montreal captain Saku Koivu.

The 5-foot-10 center skated the puck down to the right corner with one and then two Swiss players draped over him. With his back turned to the goal, Koivu whipped a pass to Selanne, who was all alone in front."

I say we go after Salami..........Joki maby.......a hell.....both of them...everyone else is dreamin here I might as well too.........

Nhl.com wrote about the finland game..........

I know a lot of people don't like Selanne but give Koivu a country man to play with and boom out go the lights

NHL.com

"Selanne netted his first just 5:21 later off a perfect, no-look pass from Montreal captain Saku Koivu.

The 5-foot-10 center skated the puck down to the right corner with one and then two Swiss players draped over him. With his back turned to the goal, Koivu whipped a pass to Selanne, who was all alone in front."

I say we go after Salami..........Joki maby.......a hell.....both of them...everyone else is dreamin here I might as well too.........

Hey no cutting in! Get to the back of the line like the rest of us! lol

Man, some of u ppl really are just here to bitch.....i said the trade wouldnt happen, just speculation, i mean gimme a break, i was expecting some cocky shit to come on and bash my trade, but i was hoping for most to give their opinion for trades......

obviously mine was a little out there, but i would love a smaller version of that like

Ribiero

Zednik

for

Recci

That probably wouldnt work either tho because recci is washed up right, considering he has 53 points in 59 games, funny thing is he would be leading the habs in scoring :blink:

riberio and zednik put together have 55 points, so it would be basically making room for young guys to get ice time and dumping 2 mediocre players and getting a great veteran who would be a great leader here!

I dont mind when ppl quote my stuff and say thing like habitforming did, wondering why i proposed that, but i hate when ppl say their stupid comments like "Wow...what a load of shit...glad your not GM...thats just for the bitch comment" or "say no to crack"........for shame ppl, FOR SHAME!!!

umpa, i think there is a genuine issue as to how many of recchi's points actually belong to crosby.

his salary aint too bad though, but how long is he signed for? His age indicates that we are talking about a pretty steep downward projection.

I agree that people should not yell at you so.

You did sorta post an EA style trade and beyond that I cannot see any reason to believe that what has not worked for the Penguins would work so well for the Habs.

Forwards:

Defence:

Pitsburgh:

Recci

Leclair

Gonchar

Montreal:

Ribeiro

Zednik

Kostitsyn

Souray

then the lines would be

Perezhogin Koivu Kovalev

Recci Plekanec Ryder

Leclair Bonk Bulis

Higgins Begin Sundstrom

Markov Gonchar

Rivet Boullion

That's some limb you're venturing onto. :wacko::blink:

Man, some of u ppl really are just here to bitch.....i said the trade wouldnt happen, just speculation, i mean gimme a break, i was expecting some cocky shit to come on and bash my trade, but i was hoping for most to give their opinion for trades......

obviously mine was a little out there, but i would love a smaller version of that like

Ribiero

Zednik

for

Recci

That probably wouldnt work either tho because recci is washed up right, considering he has 53 points in 59 games, funny thing is he would be leading the habs in scoring :blink:

riberio and zednik put together have 55 points, so it would be basically making room for young guys to get ice time and dumping 2 mediocre players and getting a great veteran who would be a great leader here!

I dont mind when ppl quote my stuff and say thing like habitforming did, wondering why i proposed that, but i hate when ppl say their stupid comments like "Wow...what a load of shit...glad your not GM...thats just for the bitch comment" or "say no to crack"........for shame ppl, FOR SHAME!!!

Umphrie... if you want credible intelligent replies start it off with a seemingly intelligent and most importantly RESPECTFULL manner... Just because someone might have "bitched" to past comments of yours doesnt mean you should start your tab by calling 1049 Habsworld fans Bitches! and expect gratuitous courtesy back!

Terrible.

Are you talking about Mike Ricci or Mark Recchi I have no idea from that spelling?

Ricci I would want in Montreal, Recchi would underachieve in Montreal and his +- is disgusting. And Kosty in those trades no way why throw away a big talented YOUNG player for old players who make truckloads of dough.

selanne would be nice but he wouldn't bring anything we need

though the fact that he's right handed makes him attactive.

i'd like to have carney on my team or salei.

they know what it takes to go all the way. we need players like them