Habs Recall Danis

habs rule

I just saw on tsn that the habs have brought up Danis from the Bulldogs. I wonder why they would not have left him down for as many games as possible. He will be the back up and i think getting as much game time in as possible would be good for him. Is is just because they need 2 goal tenders in practice. They could have simply put up a cardboard cutout of Jose. OK that was :D a joke settle down. Seriously I think Danis would benefit from as musch game time as possible right now since he may be called on save us later. Anybody else have any ideas. :hlogo:

I just saw on tsn that the habs have brought up Danis from the Bulldogs. I wonder why they would not have left him down for as many games as possible. He will be the back up and i think getting as much game time in as possible would be good for him. Is is just because they need 2 goal tenders in practice. They could have simply put up a cardboard cutout of Jose. OK that was :D a joke settle down. Seriously I think Danis would benefit from as musch game time as possible right now since he may be called on save us later. Anybody else have any ideas. :hlogo:

What iF Danis gets injured in a Dogs game? we'd be forced to adquire a Back up UFA or Trade

It's probably so Danis can start working with Melanson again before the return of the NHL, he can start fine tuning and getting ready for some game action. With how busy the team will be, he will get a couple of games, so I have no problem with this and I"m glad we're not trading for another goalie, I'd much prefer a trade for a forward or a Dman

I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm glad he's up now, because teams can start practicing tomorrow, and that could only benefit him. I'm really hoping that he gets more than just the odd game.

However w/ Huet's stellar play and the fact that we're fighting for a playoff spot, I don't know if he'll get that much playing time. Unless of course he manages to steal the games he does start.

With 26 games in 48 days, there's a couple of back-to-back dates in there that Danis could split with Huet, as well as 3-in-5 and 4-in-6 stretches. I think he'll get a handful of games before Theo is cleared to play.

He is about to be traded to Florida for Jokinen?

:P

Nice idea but no :hlogo:

He is about to be traded to Florida for Jokinen?

and?

Prime Minister Koivu, funny pic!.............. :hlogo:

what pic are you talking about ?

Habs start practicing tomorrow I think...

and?

Edited by habs rule

'Skin is thicker than cardboard'... or is that 'Blood is thicker than fibre'? something like that. :lol:

habs rule, the pic of a balding Theo.

sorry I was not looking at the avatar yeah that is good. I am just so used to seeing the bobble head that I missed it . Really do we need Danis as a goaltender practiseing with the team now? He is not going to play for 2 or 3 games so he wont play with the dogs and all he will do is sit on the bench. If he should get hurt we will go to the next guy Michaud it would be all we could do. You cannot not play a guy cause he might get injured you would never play anybody. I think the only reason for this move is because they want him to feel like a real part of the team. Not a bad idea but if he does not play will he get stale? just my thoughts

sorry I was not looking at the avatar yeah that is good. I am just so used to seeing the bobble head that I missed it . Really do we need Danis as a goaltender practiseing with the team now? He is not going to play for 2 or 3 games so he wont play with the dogs and all he will do is sit on the bench. If he should get hurt we will go to the next guy Michaud it would be all we could do. You cannot not play a guy cause he might get injured you would never play anybody. I think the only reason for this move is because they want him to feel like a real part of the team. Not a bad idea but if he does not play will he get stale? just my thoughts

Yeah very funny avatar! Anyway we will probably need to start a second goalie two or three of the next ten Habs have a hard schedule so makes sense having Danis with the team a few days early. This could be a dynamite tandem I think, Danis has a very good save % and both he and Huet have shutouts, something Théo never achieved this year with far more starts.

Oh, Finns for the Gold!!!

This could be a move by Gainey to stop all the speculation regarding the Habs trading for another goalie.

All I know is I am very pleased to see Danis back up to the team and I hope they will have the same effect as Fernandez and Roloson in Minnie...