Gainey's Potential Targets

gohabsgo252006

I agree Athletique I would rather see one of Higgins or Plex moved rather then any of the Kosty's. I would prefer not to loose either of them but if Jokinen is coming back it would be worth it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Athletique I would rather see one of Higgins or Plex moved rather then any of the Kosty's. I would prefer not to loose either of them but if Jokinen is coming back it would be worth it.

I agree but I would rather see Perezhogin moved before any of the others.

Although he has good upside and good value, I just feel like the others have a greater posibility to reach their potential. I"m not saying i want him dealt, but if any were I would pick him

Zhog is more of a risky prospect but it looks like he'll hit his potential and become a firstliner some day. We only have a couple of other prospects with such potential, speed and skill. I would be okay with Latendresse being traded while his values up. I don't think he'll ever hit what he's projected to become. But I'd rather keep him and hope he pans out.

"Example:

To Van: Zednik, Ribeiro, Perezoghan, 1st rounder.

To Mtl: Bertuzzi, Allen"

That's a good trade for Montreal. We dump 2 useless players and open up a roster spot for a young player next season. We also get a good and pretty young defenceman. The rest of the trade we lose a good pick and a good prospect for a very good player. We finally get our power forward and he's a good conclusion to our top line. For Vancouver that's another story but maybe they'd be trying to get younger assets and dump Bertuzzi's salary.

Zhog is more of a risky prospect but it looks like he'll hit his potential and become a firstliner some day. We only have a couple of other prospects with such potential, speed and skill. I would be okay with Latendresse being traded while his values up. I don't think he'll ever hit what he's projected to become. But I'd rather keep him and hope he pans out.

"Example:

To Van: Zednik, Ribeiro, Perezoghan, 1st rounder.

To Mtl: Bertuzzi, Allen"

That's a good trade for Montreal. We dump 2 useless players and open up a roster spot for a young player next season. We also get a good and pretty young defenceman. The rest of the trade we lose a good pick and a good prospect for a very good player. We finally get our power forward and he's a good conclusion to our top line. For Vancouver that's another story but maybe they'd be trying to get younger assets and dump Bertuzzi's salary.

Unfortunately we ALL know that any deal with Vancouver at this point will have to inlcude Sourray, you can speculate on the rest of teh pakcage, but Sourray will be involved.

RDS just posted a rumor on this article. I am really curious at this point if it has legs or if BG is in his office reading that article and laughing

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/199407.html

With Sourray, I'd give Zednik / or Ribeiro or even both i guess, but that's it....No first rounder or Zhogs unless it's more than Bertuzzi coming back.

Mara would be nice!

What about Kuba in Minnesota or if Atlanta plays poorly over the next week they have a plethora of solid defenseman.

Not sure what the situation stands at now, but i heard previously that Minnesota wanted either Higgins or Kommie and Gainey (rightly) said not a chance

Denis Gauthier will be a UFA this summer, and if I'm not mistaken, he has expressed desire before to play for Montreal. So unless we can get him for practically nothing (ex. 6th round pick, Sundstrom), we should just wait. If he wasn't such in pain, I would say that we could try to get Gauthier and Comrie in return for Ribeiro and something else, but Comrie just seems to become a big pile of trouble wherever he ends up. That's too bad because he would be a very good second line center.

So I come back to my original idea; we can just wait until the summer, and try to sign Daniel Briere, Denis Gauthier, and Phil Boucher. To make some room, we get rid of Ribeiro, Dandeneault, keep Bouillon as the 7th defenseman (he'll still play about 40-60 games), and somehow Bonk to make some cap room. These guys would all fill a void in the lineup, and since they are all from Quebec, there's actually a chance they might want to play here (good luck convincing Arnott, Jovanovski, McCabe, Samsonov, ... to sign here).

why wait when we can have gauthier in for the playoffs.

I'd love to have boucher in as well but he'll be a bit more expansive

why wait when we can have gauthier in for the playoffs.

I'd love to have boucher in as well but he'll be a bit more expansive

Well like I said, if we can have him for cheap, then let's do it. However, since we could easily sign him for free in a few months, we should not give anything up that might be in the plans for the future. Will Pheonix take Sundstom in exchange? No. So either a late draft pick, future considerations, a guy like Garth Murray, or we get him in a package with another player that can help us (maybe they'll take Dandeneault's long contract off our hands).

However, I am a little afraid that if we get a defenseman, Komisarek will end up on the bench, and that would be just stupid.

gauthier would be a good mentor to komi. they would make a helluva pair

I don'T think he' lose his spot since he's playing with markov and they're doing great

gauthier would be a good mentor to komi. they would make a helluva pair

I don'T think he' lose his spot since he's playing with markov and they're doing great

I agree Komi has proven that he belongs. Another name that has popped up is Willie Mitchell from Minny. This is another "Code" rumor. I believe he is a UFA at seasons end. Any intrest. I know I like the idea. He has proven to be very valuble for minny in the past playoffs.

BTW...Great site. I have been lurking here for awhile now. Keep up the good work everyone.

Edited by Zed Head

Welcome Zed Head.

Gainey has asked that the team come back to Montreal after the Leafs Habs game on the 7th of March, they were originally slated to head right to Boston but Gainey wants them to come home, this is probably so that Gainey can address the media from Montreal! Reported by team 990.

I think it's just a nice move by gainey so everybody can spend a night with their love ones or at globe on st laurent :P

welcome In ZED HEAD

All of you guys are wrong.

Hmmm... *looks through thousands of rumour threads* it seems that no one has predicted any rumour of Yann Danis leaving so he's the guy with the highest chance of being traded. (I called it)

All of you guys are wrong.

Hmmm... *looks through thousands of rumour threads* it seems that no one has predicted any rumour of Yann Danis leaving so he's the guy with the highest chance of being traded. (I called it)

Interesting. I agree the under the radar GM we have will probably surprise. We'll see.

Maybe it'll be someone that none of us have thought of.

Welcome to the HW Zedhead.

regarding the trade bla bla on http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl060303.html

Except for Jokinen the rest is like trading shit for crap? what would be the point? Maybe both teams get lucky and the recieved players wake up and produce ... looked at their flaws (supposed) and its not what we need! Brain cramps Impossible turnovers! has good low strength but isnt aggressive enough!? etc.. the same crap!!!

Take it with a grain of salt as it came from one of Eklund's bloggers, but apparently the Ducks do want to send Selanne to the Habs but they're trying to get them to take Giguere as well.

Note* I don't care for eklund's site and I certainly would not put money on anything that comes from it, but it is good for creating discussion.