Wild Place Alexandre Daigle On Waivers

mathieu30

The Wild claimed right wing Mattias Weinhandl off waivers from the New York Islanders.

To make room for Weinhandl the Wild placed forward Alexandre Daigle (46GP-5G-23A-28PTS) on waivers.

If Daigle clears waivers in 48 hours, he could be assigned to the Wild's AHL affiliate in Houston.

Source: tsn.ca

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...player.cgi?0449

Edited by mathieu30

and unless they really change the 1/2 salary reentry rule he'll stay in the AHL for a mighty long time...

But I'd think he'll be claimed in the next 48 hours, I wonder what team?

Ya, Daigle is a decent playmaker. Wienhandl is also a playmaker though so I wonder why they're switching.

I was thinking of Yashin

Lol, 2 consecutive top 2 overall picks for Ottawa. None of them turned out the way they're organizations hoped. But this is Daigle not Yashin. I'm not sure if Yashin would clear waivers.

this could be a good pick up for someone At only 850 grand he still has a lot of potential talent even though he has never lived up to it? Would he fit on les Habs?

this could be a good pick up for someone At only 850 grand he still has a lot of potential talent even though he has never lived up to it? Would he fit on les Habs?

I say pick him up! I'm a romantic! even if he turns out to be an upset! He's from Montreal this would be the last nail in the coffin for him or the turning page of a career .... I think though...lower standing teams wont allow for him to get to MTL!

I say pick him up! I'm a romantic! even if he turns out to be an upset! He's from Montreal this would be the last nail in the coffin for him or the turning page of a career .... I think though...lower standing teams wont allow for him to get to MTL!

Does TO have enough cap space left? It would be so typical for them to pick him up.

Does TO have enough cap space left? It would be so typical for them to pick him up.

YEap and now specialy with Lindros out they have cap room!

TO won't pick uo Daigle...he's french...I can'T remember when a french player was in To...last name in mind is potvin

Weinhandl injuried one of his eye last season as a junior. He was once the most promising prospect in Sweden along with Henrik Zetterberg.

Weinhandl has a lot of skills and just like other Swedes in the NHL he can turn out to be a late bloomer.

Weinhandl or "One-eyed-Weinis" scored 26 goals with MoDo during the lockout and had the most points on the team. 46 points on 50 games and beat the following players in points:

Daniel Sedin

Henrik Sedin

Peter Forsberg

Marcus Näslund

Alexander Steen

Per Svartvadet

Adrian Aucoin

Frantisek Kaberle

Dan Hinote

Andreas Salomonsson

-All regular NHL players. Weinhandl and Huselius are the two big swedish prospect that could get a breaktrough anytime. Good claim by the Wild.

What about Perreault?

thats 5 years ago...

anyway, I don't want to start a debate here, I,M just saying that I would be surprised to see daigle in toronto...unless it's the Marlies

I would be happy if Montreal picked up Daigle. Sure, he did nothing really but neither did Huselius. I wanted Montreal to pick him up. Calgary did. He now has 28 pts in 32 games.

Some players just need to find chemistry or a change of scenery. I saw go for it!

daigle would be eaten alive by the media and fans in montreal...that guy needs to go where nobody nows him like anaheim or dallas

I'm for getting him but....But I'm thinking where would we place him? right now SunnyD is our healthy scratch someone would have to go ... a rook? I don't think so!

I know it is a long shot but the old saying may still hold true. When you pull on the CH jersey the talent level goes up. He had a ton of talent could Bob and Guy turn him into a real hockey player? I think its worth a try if he doesn't work out send him to the minors where he will play 3 games and quit. He has never shown himself to be a stick to it kind of guy

[knowledgeable] People already hate Ribeiro in Montreal, and they'll probably hate Daigle even more. Somehow, this guy had managed to do less with more than Ribs; he makes Ribeiro look like Bobby Clarke.

We're finally seing some chemistry building up between players in Montreal, and the top 3 lines are doing better and better. We don't need a primadonna forward who barely has more points than Craig Rivet likely mess this up. Also, Montreal is looking to get tougher, grittier, and show more character and passion; all these qualities are the exact opposite of Alex Daigle.

If this was training camp, and we could evaluate him, we could perhaps send him an invite, and then decide whether or not he fits in, like Nashville did with Perreault. Or perhaps if the team was having difficulties, and was a few points behind for the 8th seed to the playoffs. However, at this point, every game is important, and Montreal is trying to increase its small lead from the 9th spot; there is no time for trial and error anymore.

Maybe the 'Canes would be intersested in adding him after Cole going down. But I wouldn't want him in Montreal. He's what, 30-31 years old? Last thing the Habs need as an aging project that obviously has not had the heart or desire to play to his ability.