Boom Boom Has Passed Away

MAK

just learned that on televison...I'm really sad to hear that he didn't live to see his jerzey retired. he was 75

sincered condoleances to his familly

:clap:

What a shame he dies on the very day his number is due to be retired. A tragic coincidence that will make its way into Habs folklore of the future.

Deepest Sympathies to the family on behalf of everyone at HabsWorld, and heartfelt thanks for the warm memories and all that Boom Boom brought to the Habs.

Can't find a link now but I read in an earlier story that Geoffrian checked himself into the hospital last week to get some rest and treatment before making the trip to Montréal, and he caught a virus or something in the hospital.

His sons will be at the Bell Centre tonight, probably there won't be a dry eye in the place. Hope the Habs and Rangers play their hearts out.

"There are only three things to hockey:

Shooting

And

Skating"

- RIP Boom Boom

this is just UNFAIR!!! boom boom only wanted to live this magic moment at the bell center... then his condition didnt allow him to attend that ceremony in personb, now, he will never even see this ceremony and ovation~ *cry***

this is just UNFAIR!!! boom boom only wanted to live this magic moment at the bell center... then his condition didnt allow him to attend that ceremony in personb, now, he will never even see this ceremony and ovation~ *cry***

Yes he will. Boom Boom will be there tonight. That you can be sure of.

Somehow I believe the Boomer WILL be watching....just from a different vantage point.

Just learned the news on the radio.

My heartfelt condoleances to his family.

But no Habs legend really die. They just escape the limits of the physical and temporal world to once again fly on the ice and play hockey like they used to when they were young.

See you tonight at the game Boom Boom...

''Boom Boom was an incredible man who meant a great deal to me and I'm fortunate to have called him a friend and mentor. I'm sincerely honored to be a part of the same coaching fraternity and to follow his lead as an NHL head coach in Atlanta. We lost a very special person today.''

- Bob Hartley

It's a shame he wasn't able to attend his own tribute. I'm proud of his family who are following his wishes by attending the ceremony.

Does anyone remember the TV commercials that had the Boomer in them? I think they were Miller Lite, and they probably took place in the late 70's and 80's. I remember the ones with him in them were always funny.

beautiful ceremony- touching and emotional at bell center- one question though where was Jean Beliveau- I could understand if he was sick or on vacation- but he wasn't even shown on the video of all the ex teammates-I know big Jean was chosen over the boomer as Captain in 1962 but...

The Boomer was the Mickey Mantle of his time not the Babe Ruth or the Joe Dimaggio but a great player all the same

His dream is to have his number retired before he dies. He waits 40 years and the day of the ceremony he dies. Ironic.

«Franchement, j'aurais même accepté de jouer pour le Canadien sans être payé tellement j'avais envie de jouer pour cette équipe.»

- Bernard Geoffrion

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/apps/pbcs.dll/mi...ORTS01&cr=Photo

:hlogo: