Game Thread | Penguins Vs. Canadiens | 03/18/06

Spider-Man NL

Shots are 11-8 Habs... Aebischer let in 3 goals on 8 shots. That sucks but I think Gainey will want to keep him n or else he'll completely destroy his confidence.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simply amazing to me that Gainey thinks he can f--- around with goalies when we're fighting for our playoff lives. And one can only hope that this brain dead decision to start Abeschier twice in a row, when we had the hottest goalie in the league going, doesn't backfire and cool off Huet. It's as if he feels he needs to keep Abeschier happy or prove that his trade was a great move. Huet is our *number one goalie* and Gainey better acknowledge this before it's too late!!!!!!!!

- Jack

(3 goals in 8 shots.... sheeeeesh!!!)

Edited by jackp

Well it was not a terrible period although the score would suggest otherwise. The Pens first goal was just terrible coverage by the defence and the second goal Aebi shit the bed. The Cube was amazing on that Bulis goal, Great work by Ribs Murray and Downey on the second goal. What a shot by Souray on his goal, did anyone notice Streit screen MAF on that goal. And the last goal Aebi made one great save and LeClair potted the rebound un lucky. Keep flying Habs this game is still tied do not let the flightless birds regain Momentum.

I think you guys are really overanalysing this whole goalie situation. The fact is, we need to score goals to win games! Thats the problem with our team. (we're off to a good start tonight with 3)

Huet will be in nets next game no doubt.

Btw: Anyone following the Sens/Sabres game? Its 2-0 Sens, but thats not the amazing thing... the shots are 22-5 Ottawa after 1 period. haha

Bouillon deserves 2 assists for that play. That's easily the best individual play by a Habs dman this season. For anyone who didn't see it, Cube gave a thundering check to a Penguin behind the Habs net, picked up the puck, skated & stickhandled down the ice to the Pens zone, then feathered a pass from around the top of the right faceoff circle to the left one to Bulis, who buried the goal. A beauty!!!

Great hit and set up by Bouillon

ET LE BUUUUT

BULIS

Let's turn it up now

I'm with Jack! Now is not the time to be concerned with the fragility of a starting goalie and his confidence. We are in a very heated race.

Also, the fact that BG didn't get is a scorer at the deadline makes me worry that he is taking a "we'll take what we get this year and worry about scoring next year" position.

Now granted, my posts during games are notoriously impatient, but I want Huet in the second!

I would bet with almost 100% confidence that Aebi remains in nets to start the 2nd period. I agree that it was foolish to start him tonight but to pull him in a tie game would be even more foolish. I wonder win or lose is Huet may get both starts on Monday and Tuesday.

My guess is that Huet will start the second.

Well I guessed wrong, have to agree with the posters above that we ought to go with the hot goalie now, oh well if Aebs stands on his head rest of the game then we'll have to praise Gainey wouldn't be the first time...

fight report?

Boullion report?

Bouillon is down! Downey drops the gloves with Roy. After a bit of fair fighting, Downey takes the final punch hence "losing" the fight. But what's important is that Bouillon looks badly hurt. Nordgren (a player acquired in return for Recchi) hurt him accidentally.

I am sure Aebischer will settle in, but this is still no time to perform a test like this, especially against the Pens...they are still scary...especially with Leclair the habs killer.

Bouillon is down! Downey drops the gloves with Roy. After a bit of fair fighting, Downey takes the final punch hence "losing" the fight. But what's important is that Bouillon looks badly hurt. Nordgren (a player acquired in return for Recchi) hurt him accidentally.

Thx BtH, bad news about Cube...

nyr 3-0 over tor!!!!

if the Habs can just take care of their own business - we'll be all set!