Buying From Scalpers?

fromage

I really want to go see the Habs game this Saturday against the Leafs. I realize I'll end up paying out the rear for it though.

I want to feel the Bell Centre atmosphere again, as I've only been there twice before and none this season. I assume some people here have some experience with scalpers. They're seen either as low-balling scum, or godsend to the sports fan.

So, seats, at the Leafs game, am I dreaming?

Theres plenty of "scalper sites" out there, not sure if you want to go the internet route though. I did the same thing a couple years ago for Yankees/Red Sox tickets, you just need to do a search for the teams tickets and a bunch of sites should come up.

I checked for this saturdays game at one site and the cheapest was 1 ticket for $125. The cheapest price for two tickets was $135 each.

you will pay at least $25 over actual price for tickets. and those are the shitty ones. i know. i did it. that was online though. if you don't mind waiting around during the 1st period for scalpers that just want to go see the game the price will usually drop. individual tickets will be cheaper too.

oh wait i just saw it was leafs tickets you're after. obviously going to be a lot more expensive. hmm. this is a pretty good list of sites online you can buy from:

http://search.espn.go.com/keyword/search?s...kets&partner=ot

Edited by les_glorieux

Leafs tix will be pricey, you can get upper bowl for 50-70 bucks from a scalper at game time. I have done it before. It will be tough to get a pair together for that price though.

Yeah Tickets will be hard to get... I have friends who have a few extra pairs to sell in the Blue section for Thursday...

And maybe one pair of Reds for Saturday.

Saturday is going to be way more expensive i'd think... If anyone is really needing tickets, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

I'm going, sitting in the gods... Section 431 lol

It doesn't always work, but wait 10 Mins into the first, then approach the scalpers, if you can find them by then? Be hard on them, as they'll be hard on you. KNow what your willing to pay for certain tickets. If he's not willing to let them go, ask "can you eat those tickets? Do they taste good?" Your in control of the situation, not them? Let them know they can starve and you don't care" YOu want the best price.

Of course they may find another idiot behind you who will pay the price there asking. But be patient and you'll find the tickets at your price. But again, you'lll miss significant time in the first period?

These two Leafs games will be expensive, don't kid yourselves. There are busloads of people coming from Toronto for a "long weekend", arriving Thursday and ready to party for three days. Add on top of that that these are actually two huge games for the Leafs and you could expect to pay at least $100 per seat for the cheapest seats. If you can get them for less than that on the Internet, then I suggest to do it, especially for Saturday's game.

GO HABS GO !!!

Hey everyone, I noticed a seller on EBAY with an AWESOME deal for tomorrow's game.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANADIENS-TICKETS-VS-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

He's only asking 50$USD per ticket, this is a steal, I have called around and scalpers are asking 100+... He's got 3 auctions of 2, 3 and 4 tickets...

Hope we can jam the most Habs fans in there as possible!

Hope this helps someone out.