Game Thread | Montreal Vs. New York | 03/21/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look. We're all frustrated, but for the Koivu bashing to take on a life of its own is pathetic.

I am ashamed to be part of the same "fan club" as some of you right now.

Like he's the only problem.

I am now about to take a sabbatical from this forum and some of you fools.

As for the others, I apologize but I can't take the shitty with the great right now. And I am finding that I have less good to say about some of you than bad. And it's tough to be a "Saint" when that's the case.

Later boys,

Matt

Excellent post Matt, I think Habs and Laffs fans our pretty in the some category. The Majority of them our dumb and don't know nothing about sport or hockey in general. When either teams our on a winning streaks they think winning the Stanley cup is a given, but suddently when the team is losing most fans jump off the bandwagon and moan and bitch about every little dumb thing. For a fan base that pride itself on being knowledge about hockey its truly quite dishearting.

5-3 for Atlanta...This is not good....

??? Are you sure? I read it 4-3 Boston with three mins left

Merde now 4-4 McCarthy scored

Edited by JeanLucPilon

Excellent post Matt, I think Habs and Laffs fans our pretty in the some category. The Majority of them our dumb and don't know nothing about sport or hockey in general. When either teams our on a winning streaks they think winning the Stanley cup is a given, but suddently when the team is losing most fans jump off the bandwagon and moan and bitch about every little dumb thing. For a fan base that pride itself on being knowledge about hockey its truly quite dishearting.

Well said! I agree with you 100%. The team is in a slump, don't worry, we will rebound!

Koivu has not played well at all lately. He has also gotten every opportunity on PP and 5-3 to get it going. I was not keen on his resigning at that price because I just don't see him being our number 1 center in the coming years if we are making a cup run. Would love him as a number 2 center, but not at that price.

That said, stripping him C is not warrented. Cutting his ice time a bit might be, but pulling his C will kill this team's morale and accomplish nothing. Taking away his ice time or benching him for a period will send a message without being insulting to him.

I do find it odd the indignation people have when Koivu gets critisized. When Rib was getting ripped earlier in the season he was called everything under the sun, blamed for all the team's woes, etc. That wasn't fair either.

Still, if Koivu doesn't start earning his pay we won't make the playoffs. And he might not be the only problem, but he is the captain and he just signed the big contract to be the number one guy for the next several years. The responsibility goes with the rewards.....

Guys, I think we all know what the problem tonight was.

Bulis The Habbie.

Where is that weasel? Calling for an easy win. For shame! Everyone! Grab your torches and pitchforks. I suggest a lynch mob.

Bulis The Habbie.

Where is that weasel? Calling for an easy win. For shame! Everyone! Grab your torches and pitchforks. I suggest a lynch mob.

Burn him at the Stake!!! :lol:

One goal from this team once again. That's a shame.

Things doesn't look to bright right now and this loss and the Penguins defeat earlier may be the games that will cost us a playoffspot.

I haven't read the whole thread but from the last post I understand that Koivu isn't to liked... But he has to step up and lead his team to the playoffs. He had a speach the other night and I liked it but he has to believe in his own words.

Andrei Markov is another factor. This team suffers big time when he's not playing and that's a weakness that I hope will be adressed in the offseason.

So now I there's only hope. Go Habs.

Bulis The Habbie.

did Bulis Jinx it again??? We gotta change his name "Bulis the Jinxer"

Murphy's little brother ( as In Murhphy's law)

bottom line -- if we destroy the leafs then Sunday morning the sun will shine and the ice will melt, birdsong will fill the air and we'll all love Saku again.

Wow, the refs are really working to get the leafs back in it. Blatent trip let go, then a minor hook called on Carolina. Then they basically let the leafs hack away at a guy when he is down laying on the puck rather then blow the whistle on the leaf PP.

Leafs score on the PP.. naturally. :)