Game Thread | Montreal Vs. New York | 03/21/06

Spider-Man NL

Good that’s what day get for playing like that and one more thing why didn’t Aebischer go in net

today. o well habs are out of the playoff now and I don’t wont to be the frst to sae it but the habs will not make the playoff you guys will see

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how everyone thinks that after Aebischer has a few bad starts, Huet gets to play and as soon as he loses, people wanted Aebischer to have started all along.

Not me....I say Ride Huet until he collapses from exhasution

The major difference is Aebischer stunk it up and lost and Huet played well enough to win.

all i can sae is Jose Theodore will be miss

its guys like u that got ROY out of Montreal and the same gos for Theodore

yes thats true but you just said aebicher should have started so it sounds like your trying to create another controversy.

yes thats true but you just said aebicher should have started so it sounds like your trying to create another controversy.

Am not trying to create another controversy I am a montreal fan and always will be but why huet back to back come on u wont aebischer to go in net at the bell center we all no what its like

Am not trying to create another controversy I am a montreal fan and always will be but why huet back to back come on u wont aebischer to go in net at the bell center we all no what its like

ok i can see your point. and all i know is i would not want to be bob gainey. not for all the tea in china. The man has got to have nerves of steel. Every move he makes if they loose it why didnt he do this...this guy should have started...etc.

the guy cant win... if we loose its always something he did. or didnt do for that matter

Well I don't think this team played that badly, they mostly outplayed the Islanders, Huet should have made a stop or two that he didn't, but they outplayed the Islanders and didn't win. I can live with that. Better effort than they gave against Pittsburgh thats for sure.

I hope they come back strong against Toronto and Thursday and Saturday. Most critical games of the season so I think Huet should get the start. But I wouldn't be suprised if Gainey went with Aebischer on Thursday and Huet on Saturday.

Good effort tonight, just couldn't bury the chances. Although this goes back to Montreal not having a superstar offensive player, but thats a discussion for the offseason.

I wasn't able to watch the game but I did listen to it on the radio. Sometimes it's hard to visualize what the commentators are saying but I got the sence that the Habs were taking it to them for most of the game. It is still hard to take though.

9th spot.....Huet better start both games in Montreal. One goal down with Abby in net and the fans will make sure we lose the game. The next two games are for sure make it or break it for the Habs.

From TSN

Montreal coach Bob Gainey didn't find any silver linings in the loss.

"Most of my evaluations of games at this point are results," Gainey said. "We don't have the luxury of being far enough ahead in the playoff race to be able to find positives when we don't win. The results overwhelm everything else."

From TSN

Montreal coach Bob Gainey didn't find any silver linings in the loss.

"Most of my evaluations of games at this point are results," Gainey said. "We don't have the luxury of being far enough ahead in the playoff race to be able to find positives when we don't win. The results overwhelm everything else."

In Gainey language that means he's as mad as we are.

Hopefully that will mean changes in the lines up front for next game, which in Gainey world are drastic changes. We need a spark and that is the way to do it.

Hip Hip Huet

GO Habs GO

Aren't any of you guys nervous about playing Toronto twice this week. I mean I want to be optimistic but we never play good against Toronto. But with two big wins against that team, at home, could build alot of confidence down the stretch.

Aren't any of you guys nervous about playing Toronto twice this week. I mean I want to be optimistic but we never play good against Toronto. But with two big wins against that team, at home, could build alot of confidence down the stretch.

I think if we win both games against the leafs we will make the playoffs for sure. That will give the boys the confidence they need down the stretch.

I am very nervous about those two games. The Habs don't play well against them.

Gainey should call up some new blood for those games. Kosty, chips and even latendresse. We need some serious energy for those games.

Gainey should call up some new blood for those games. Kosty, chips and even latendresse. We need some serious energy for those games.

I am extremely nervous, I hope the team comes out realizing what these games mean, both for our playoff hopes and our bragging rights. If anything they should win so i don't have to listen to my moron Leaf fans brag.

One positive, last time we played they out-physicaled us, this time we have a secret weapon named Simpson.

Mixing up the lines is essential in my mind. We have to get something going. Markov will be back I hope, anybody have any info on his status, i'm hoping he didn't play last night, just to rest up extra for Toronto. Maybe dress 7 Dmen.

Let's hope that the Refs don't bail Toronto out again, let's not forget that almost every time we've played them and lost, it hasn't always been because the team didn't show up, the Refs have been helping the Leafs in a major way.

So i say...GO HABS GO....We need all hands on deck, everyone on board, 120% effort. All lines firing, and everyone on the same page. There is no tommorow, the Playoffs start Thursday night. Get your beer, your pepsi and your pizzas, put the women and children to bed and let's go hunting for some dinner. Hit everything that moves and let the paramedics sort them out. (so i borrowed a bit from The Program).

GO HABS GO

Well, they cannot call up Chipchura or Latendresse, nor should they. I agree about Kostsitsyn however.