Game Thread | Toronto V. Montreal | 3/23/06

simonus

We did gain an important point on NJ.

We still play them twice and are only 2 points back of them now.

Saturday is key, let's see another effort like the one tonight.

Huet was sharp again.

I would go Huet on Saturday and give Aebischer his next shot on the road sunday night against Pittsburgh, Huet will need a rest on the back to back games

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love beating the Leafs... unfortunately, it's not a feeling we savour often, so this is sweet. Here's hoping for more sweetness on Saturday.

I would ride Huet like a rented mule toward the playoffs.

Edited by Mont Royale

I didn't see any of the game.

Instead I watched Scrubs episodes with my girlfriend.

Ouch, THAT hurts! :lol:

I suppose you've just met your girlfriend ...? :P;)

Heck, what an evening, what a game. It reminded me of the game against the Sens where they also lead 4-0 after a period. If the HABS decide to score, it seems like they're always up 4-0 after the 1st. ^_^

on NHL.com

Toronto has gone 17 periods without scoring an even-strength goal since March 14, when Jason Allison scored at 7:39 of the second in a 5-4 win over Boston.

????? can that be possible?? anyways lets keep the boys out the box !!!! I dont think TO will pass up as many as today if we dont get a great start this saturday

By the way anyone know if the Murray fight was ok or not? who won? and will Gainey get the fine? I think gainey must have told them I got $10k!!! who's punching me a laugh tonight?

Edited by CoRvInA

And if Aebischer lose to Penguins once more?

The Habs hasn't beat Pittsburgh this season. Some warning bells should sound when you hear that.

Play Aebischer when we know WHEN this season will end. In worst case that would mean he doesn't play at all as the Canadiens last game this season is versus the Devils.

I would possibly start Aebi against the Pens though on Sunday. Give Aebi a chance at revenge.

Yeah, "possibly" is right. It depends how he's looking in practice, if Melanson says he's ready then it is a possibility as Huet will have played the night before in what is bound to be an emotional game. On the other hand, if Huet plays well Saturday isn't it better to leave him in Sunday? Tough call it will depend on Saturday I guess. Would be nice if Abby got the revenge and the confidence and Huet got a rest. But I'd bet most Habs fans are not looking past the second leaf game yet. :hlogo:

I will say it again, JeanLuc.

It would be great if Aebischer could regain his confidence with a revenge on the Penguins.

But what if we lose another game to the Pens with Aebischer in net? What would that do to Aebischer?

Can anyone fill me in how Markov looked tonight? is he still showing some trouble? Get him swimming and Hot tubs with some St-Laurent or St Catherine massage

I will say it again, JeanLuc.

It would be great if Aebischer could regain his confidence with a revenge on the Penguins.

But what if we lose another game to the Pens with Aebischer in net? What would that do to Aebischer?

Yeah ch I'm with you all the smarts say stick with Huet, but you never know 100% Gainey has surprised us before. The Pens game is in Pittsburgh I think so Aebischer would have less pressure (ironic Montréal goalies have less stress in a supposedly "unfriendly" building!)

Can anyone fill me in how Markov looked tonight? is he still showing some trouble? Get him swimming and Hot tubs with some St-Laurent or St Catherine massage

Markov looked great tonight, Habs fans were given a scare when he took a shot off his ankle he finished out the play and moved the puck up ice. He later went to the dressing room but would return he did play 19 minutes.

on NHL.com

Toronto has gone 17 periods without scoring an even-strength goal since March 14, when Jason Allison scored at 7:39 of the second in a 5-4 win over Boston.

????? can that be possible?? anyways lets keep the boys out the box !!!! I dont think TO will pass up as many as today if we dont get a great start this saturday

By the way anyone know if the Murray fight was ok or not? who won? and will Gainey get the fine? I think gainey must have told them I got $10k!!! who's punching me a laugh tonight?

I wonder what the NHL record is for most games without an even strength goal. What is worse is the leafs have a .500 record in those six games.

No Gainey will not be fined nor Murray suspended there is no instigator penalty.

I can easily say Habs > Zach Braff

haha... did a bit of that with my girlfriend the other night... but she insisted that I go to the bar and watch the habs batter the leafs.

I can easily say Habs > Zach Braff

AHAHHAHAHAH....poor sucker. I guess I'm lucky. My wife leaves me alone when she knows theres a game on. She loves those stupid ######ing reality shows, but she knows when the Habs are on, she better go call her mother, because its going to be a long night

I don't think it's a bad idea to start Aebischer against the Pens, BUT make no mistake about it, it is solely to rest Huet who is clearly our #1, this has nothign to with him taking over.....HUET is the man the rest of the way, but he could use a rest here and there to be sharp. Also, it's best Aebischer start on the road.

HUET HUET HUET

Aebischer will improve. Melanson will work out the kinks with him. Hopefully he can find a consistant reliable form - soon!

Olay Olay Olay Olay Rivet

Olay Olay Olay Olay Souray

Olay Olay Olay Olay HUET!

Hip Hip Rivet. Hip Hip Souray. Hip Hip HUET.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Ouch, THAT hurts! :lol:

I suppose you've just met your girlfriend ...? :P;)

Nope, same one as before.

But hey, I got sex out of the deal.

sex > Habs

...okay fine, sex = Habs

Perhaps it's time to bust out the ol' "Fool around with the girlfriend and the Habs win" theory. Happy to oblige fellas, happy to oblige.

sex > Habs

...okay fine, sex = Habs

Perhaps it's time to bust out the ol' "Fool around with the girlfriend and the Habs win" theory. Happy to oblige fellas, happy to oblige.

Thats ok, I'd get sex after watching the game, or during. My wife doesn't care.

Just like in Quebec .... Couples watching Hockey while doing it Doggy Style ... hehe

Its part of a pop Stereotype that is daid off Quebecois...

I hate to disagree with my friend JMMR, but I didn't think Markov looked all that great. There was a couple of times when he made poor attempts to intercept a pass, while he was the last one back. One of them ended up as a breakaway for Richardson (who feels that a drop pass is a good play on a breakaway, fortunately). Assuming he stays in the lineup, Markov will get his timing back and be back to his old self.

I see a Costanza-esque scenario playing out: simultaneously watching the Habs on TV, having sex, eating a sandwich, drinking a beer, and posting on Habsworld.

Utopia.

I hate to disagree with my friend JMMR, but I didn't think Markov looked all that great. There was a couple of times when he made poor attempts to intercept a pass, while he was the last one back. One of them ended up as a breakaway for Richardson (who feels that a drop pass is a good play on a breakaway, fortunately). Assuming he stays in the lineup, Markov will get his timing back and be back to his old self.

I see a Costanza-esque scenario playing out: simultaneously watching the Habs on TV, having sex, eating a sandwich, drinking a beer, and posting on Habsworld.

Utopia.

Nah...couldn't be bother to post on Habsworld while watching the game and having sex. Beers probably out as well....wifey doesn't like the beer breath

sex > Habs

...okay fine, sex = Habs

I'm still working on that theory too, Trizzak... it was kinda creepy.. she was out of town from the 15th to the 22nd, and look how lousy the Habs performed... She comes back, and well... you know the rest :D