Game Thread | Tiny Tim Vs. Mr. Shutout | 04//04/06

Spider-Man NL

Maybe they meant which current Hab has scored 30 goals in a season since 2000? In that case it would be Kovalev.

Ah very good -- a trick question?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game.. it's too bad the Habs let the Ruins back in after the first... but oh well... solid victory... happy to see Higgy pot 20, and as always, nice to see the Cap step up!

ANyobdy else find it funny that TSN has said so many times that Higgins is the first Habs rookie to score 20goals since Koivu.

I mean someone can correct me if i'm wrong but what happened to Ryder???

I know that HIggins is the first Habs first rounder to score 20 as a rookie since Koivu....but that's completely different.

ANyobdy else find it funny that TSN has said so many times that Higgins is the first Habs rookie to score 20goals since Koivu.

I mean someone can correct me if i'm wrong but what happened to Ryder???

I know that HIggins is the first Habs first rounder to score 20 as a rookie since Koivu....but that's completely different.

It's actually not just TSN, but all the major sports stations/websites. Maybe Ryder was too "old"?

Great comeback by the Habs for the win! I'm really happy for Downey as well, looks like his hard work is truly paying off.

That's 7 wins for 7th place! :D

This is fabulous. Seriously, look at the numbers:

.572 is all we have to achieve to make the playoffs. This is based on Atlanta & Toronto getting all their remaining points. .572 still wins with 95 points. I think it's fair to say that we can play .5 in the remaining 7 games. THE CANADIENS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! - Pomme De Terre!

I'm calling it now........

I have been looking for a great avatar all year. In the last minute Boston took a shot and Huet sucked it into his belly as the camera panned in, it was Rivet and Souray side by side ready to guard the king. No Bruins were coming in . it was beatiful. If someone finds a picture of that ....please let me know...

Great game......

Play-offs here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is fabulous. Seriously, look at the numbers:

.572 is all we have to achieve to make the playoffs. This is based on Atlanta & Toronto getting all their remaining points. .572 still wins with 95 points. I think it's fair to say that we can play .5 in the remaining 7 games. THE CANADIENS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! - Pomme De Terre!

Great now I can relax a bit and keep my energies for the playoffs. Playoffs games are very tough on the heart! :lol:

Good win tonight. Probably shouldn't have been that close a score. Defense played well in the first, kinda fell apart in the second. Good effort to come back from 1-0 and 3-2 deficits. Shows heart.

Tough next 4 games playing Ottawa twice, New Jersey and Buffalo. Have to play better against them, but the team is definitley headed in the right direction.

GO HABS

I have been looking for a great avatar all year. In the last minute Boston took a shot and Huet sucked it into his belly as the camera panned in, it was Rivet and Souray side by side ready to guard the king. No Bruins were coming in . it was beatiful. If someone finds a picture of that ....please let me know...

Great game......

Play-offs here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o you caught that clip also! I thought that was amazing, how both of them rushed to stand guard for Mr. Huet. It was truly a sensational shot, and if that's not proof of teamwork, I don't know what is.

I hope you can find it, that'd be a great avatar. (Don't worry, I'm quite content w/ my Begin avatar! :D)

I saw that.. Souray spun around after Huet froze it... just looking for anyone to try something... effin' awesome!

Good win tonight. Probably shouldn't have been that close a score. Defense played well in the first, kinda fell apart in the second. Good effort to come back from 1-0 and 3-2 deficits. Shows heart.

Tough next 4 games playing Ottawa twice, New Jersey and Buffalo. Have to play better against them, but the team is definitley headed in the right direction.

GO HABS

While there is no denying that those teams are more talented than the Bruins, I don't think they'll be playing at 110% like the Bruins were (okay, well Jersey probably will) seeing that they've already clinched and will be wanting to rest up players.

The Lions of Winter as Ron McLean and CBC dubbed it in game 5 of the Stanley Cup final versus L.A. in 1993. Hockey Night In Canada opened with The Lion Sleeps Tonight. I'm listening to that right now. THAT WAS A GLORIOUS NIGHT Je me souviens

Sweet playoffs.

To the LIONS OF WINTER :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Nice one on Downey.....that was sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People should throw potato's on the ice when he scores, that would be cool!!!

wj6g0.jpg

Quick, copyright that idea!

While there is no denying that those teams are more talented than the Bruins, I don't think they'll be playing at 110% like the Bruins were (okay, well Jersey probably will) seeing that they've already clinched and will be wanting to rest up players.

Uhhh yeah Ottawa and Buffalo will be giving a 100% as well. Ottawa is still just 4 points ahead of Carlina and Buffalo has struggled and wants to get back on track. Don't kid yourself. They'll come out flying, and the Habs need to be ready.

Besides they probably only need to play at about 65% to match watch the Bruins have.

Great great game by the Habs. The Bruins can consider themselves lucky to have kept it so close for so long, the second goal of theirs was very lucky and the third one was one rare softie given by Huet, while the Canadiens was missing lot of chances and were getting frustrated by Thomas..

Our attack is way too quick for the Bruins. They can thank Thomas, he was very impressive tonight. Without him it would had been 10-3, easilly.

Uhhh yeah Ottawa and Buffalo will be giving a 100% as well. Ottawa is still just 4 points ahead of Carlina and Buffalo has struggled and wants to get back on track. Don't kid yourself. They'll come out flying, and the Habs need to be ready.

Besides they probably only need to play at about 65% to match watch the Bruins have.

Don't get me wrong, they will be tough games, but Boston has got nothing to lose, so they'll be giving it their all every game from now on. Ottawa and Buffalo will want to play tough as well, but they also have to look ahead to the playoffs and make sure that everyone is rested up, healthy and good to go.

Is that a picture of yours. I have one too. Seat 11 blue row E section 407. I still need to bolt it to something so I can watch the playoffs in it this year.

Nah, random search actually. I was just trying to invoke luck at the time by thinking about sweet home.

HOME :hlogo: HABITANT :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN